NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mecole Hardman 2019 Outlook

Ran a 4.33 40 at the combine and is a vertical threat who fits into Tyreek Hill’s role on the Chiefs offense perfectly. Coleman is also a threat in the return game, similar to Hill. What are some thoughts on this guy for the upcoming season? Think he’s in the perfect situation to be fantasy gold.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think I’m gonna start him just so I can look like a genius when he goes off. My league mates already think I’m dumb so if he flops no loss. 

Literally all you have to think about to see the obvious upside here is Sammy Watkins injury history.

Posted Images

Just now, dmb3684 said:

I'm in. Don't care where his ADP is.

I believe his ADP skyrockets over the summer. I’m all in as well, think he plays similar to Tyreek. Truly believe he has WR1 potential at a WR 2/3 price, especially with Sammy being injury prone.

Just now, joebaker23 said:

I believe his ADP skyrockets over the summer. I’m all in as well, think he plays similar to Tyreek. Truly believe he has WR1 potential at a WR 2/3 price, especially with Sammy being injury prone.

I'll say 6th round assuming Tyreek is done.

Just now, dmb3684 said:

I'll say 6th round assuming Tyreek is done.

What is crazy is it may even be higher than that come Draft season... he is the Tyreek Hill replacement and has similar skills. Have to think while he may not have Tyreek production right away, he is going to win people weeks and put up numbers.

51 minutes ago, joebaker23 said:

Ran a 4.33 40 at the combine and is a vertical threat who fits into Tyreek Hill’s role on the Chiefs offense perfectly. Coleman is also a threat in the return game, similar to Hill. What are some thoughts on this guy for the upcoming season? Think he’s in the perfect situation to be fantasy gold.

It took tyreek hill a full season to learn how to play in Reids offense and he didnt become fantasy relevant until his 2nd season.

I doubt mecole will be a simple plug and play in year 1. . .now year 2 is another story

• Like 1
1 hour ago, dashoe said:

It took tyreek hill a full season to learn how to play in Reids offense and he didnt become fantasy relevant until his 2nd season.

I doubt mecole will be a simple plug and play in year 1. . .now year 2 is another story

Tyreek is obviously a complete idiot though. 

• Like 3

Tyreek was a extremely physical guy with a RB vision & mentality. Had the strength to fight through jamming by big DB's and quicks to leave you in the dust if you whiffed. Could bully the smaller speed cover guys. Unfortunately used those traits off the field too .

Hardman is a Santana Moss lite type. Great threat to take the top off and can be moved around on sweeps & bubble screens  but not a go - to guy that can be dominant like Hill became with a full route tree. Beating teams on out routes and skinny posts / slants across the middle. Takes a rare talent combined with toughness to survive at smaller stature running routes in traffic. 

Will Fuller that is better in the return game. Worth rostering but not going to be the next Cheetah

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, howlin' 2 said:

Tyreek was a extremely physical guy with a RB vision & mentality. Had the strength to fight through jamming by big DB's and quicks to leave you in the dust if you whiffed. Could bully the smaller speed cover guys. Unfortunately used those traits off the field too .

Hardman is a Santana Moss lite type. Great threat to take the top off and can be moved around on sweeps & bubble screens  but not a go - to guy that can be dominant like Hill became with a full route tree. Beating teams on out routes and skinny posts / slants across the middle. Takes a rare talent combined with toughness to survive at smaller stature running routes in traffic. 

Will Fuller that is better in the return game. Worth rostering but not going to be the next Cheetah

'worth rostering' LOL.

15 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

Tyreek is obviously a complete idiot though. 

but you can't question his football IQ  which was very good and he was dedicated to learning the wr position beyond running a fast  go route and it showed in his play. 

No rookie wr comes into a Reid system and turns into an instant stud. They need a year to learn it  and produce. 

If youre lucky mecole may be the benificiary of defenses focused on watkins+kelce and he catches a few long  scoring passes similar to what Ridley did last season on ATL

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, dashoe said:

but you can't question his football IQ  which was very good and he was dedicated to learning the wr position beyond running a fast  go route and it showed in his play. 

No rookie wr comes into a Reid system and turns into an instant stud. They need a year to learn it  and produce. 

If youre lucky mecole may be the benificiary of defenses focused on watkins+kelce and he catches a few long  scoring passes similar to what Ridley did last season on ATL

If Watkins continues to be injury prone, Hardman is going to reap the benefits of his absence. Hardman really could be a league winner for many.

6 minutes ago, joebaker23 said:

If Watkins continues to be injury prone, Hardman is going to reap the benefits of his absence. Hardman really could be a league winner for many.

If Watkins goes down, I'm betting my lottery ticket on Demarcus before I bet on a rookie, he knows the offense and has built a steady rapport with Mahommes

46 minutes ago, dashoe said:

If Watkins goes down, I'm betting my lottery ticket on Demarcus before I bet on a rookie, he knows the offense and has built a steady rapport with Mahommes

With the combination of Mahomes arm talent and Hardman’s speed you wouldn’t bet on Hardman over Demarcus? Interesting.

3 minutes ago, joebaker23 said:

With the combination of Mahomes arm talent and Hardman’s speed you wouldn’t bet on Hardman over Demarcus? Interesting.

A 4th year player with 40+ catches or a talented rookie? Yes, I'll take the more experienced player, especially under coaches like Reid or BB.

45 minutes ago, joebaker23 said:

not in ppr, I want predictable weekly volume/points vs boom/bust.  Which is why I love edelman types over brandin cook types. 

Basically u are talking about 2 players who will essentially be lottery tickets going into training camp through week 3 as the world tries to figure out how they will produce in this offense  with the potential of Hill gone and Watkins high risk of injury.  I prefer the risk of the wr indoctrinated into the Reid system and  rapport with Mahommes vs the rookie learning as he goes and maybe accelerating faster than most along the curve. 

Also everyone in the NFL is fast to some extent but you can't always play fast in order to be successful. Rookie Wr's have to learn all those technical skills of playing against NFL defenses and WHEN to use those extra gears of speed. Defenses in the NFL are really that good.

Edited by dashoe
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, dashoe said:

Why can't I question his football IQ?

10 minutes ago, dashoe said:

not in ppr, I want predictable weekly volume/points vs boom/bust.  Which is why I love edelman types over brandin cook types. 

Basically u are talking about 2 players who will essentially be lottery tickets going into training camp through week 3 as the world tries to figure out how they will produce in this offense  with the potential of Hill gone and Watkins high risk of injury.  I prefer the risk of the wr indoctrinated into the Reid system and  rapport with Mahommes vs the rookie learning as he goes and maybe accelerating faster than most along the curve. 

Also everyone in the NFL is fast to some extent but you can't always play fast in order to be successful. Rookie Wr's have to learn all those technical skills of playing against NFL defenses and WHEN to use those extra gears of speed. Defenses in the NFL are really that good.

I believe he will get volume. I haven't ranked yet but somewhere in the 20-25 range is where I'll slot him I think.

2 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Why can't I question his football IQ?

Because he was  . .really good as a wr played every part of the field and showed improvement every season? 🤪

"Complete idiots" may fail in life  but in terms of football IQ, idiots don't succeed on the field. 

6 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

I believe he will get volume. I haven't ranked yet but somewhere in the 20-25 range is where I'll slot him I think.

Exactly my thought. Tyreek had 137 targets last season. You have to think Hardman won’t get that amount of targets as a rookie, but the volume in that offense is there for him to thrive.

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

Because he was  . .really good as a wr played every part of the field and showed improvement every season? 🤪

"Complete idiots" may fail in life  but in terms of football IQ, idiots don't succeed on the field. 

But you said it took him a full year to learn the system. Maybe someone that isn't such an idiot can pick it up quicker. There is certainly some correlation between real life IQ and football IQ.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

I think a wr2 on draft day is very aggressive,  he's a wr4/waiver pick for me but you have to go with what you believe to be true. Those  first reports from TC and a preseason game will determine where he shakes out for the masses

Just now, dmb3684 said:

But you said it took him a full year to learn the system. Maybe someone that isn't such an idiot can pick it up quicker. There is certainly some correlation between real life IQ and football IQ.

Name a rookie wr that came into the Reid system and was a stud in yr1?

Even Kelce had the unfortunate luxury of learning in year 1 while he was on IR

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

Name a rookie wr that came into the Reid system and was a stud in yr1?

Even Kelce had the unfortunate luxury of learning in year 1 while he was on IR

I don't consider WR20-25 a 'stud'. I'm sure there has been a rookie that has come in and done well. Im a UGA fan and already sold on Hardman so I'm not looking it up.