NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mecole Hardman 2019 Outlook

4 hours ago, MrPositive said:

Can’t decide myself. Would be a lot nicer and feel all safe in my belly if he had at least one NFL catch before haha 52 snaps and not a catch. I know he wasn’t game planned to be playing, but daaammmmnn

I hope you've got better options. I probably wouldn't start him outside of a 3WR/16+ team league unless my WRs were weak. The above shouldn't be a concern though imo. If you own him, you should be expecting him to get the majority of snaps and just be plugged into Tyreek Hill's role, which is obviously crazy valuable. What he does with it and exactly how many snaps he gets remains to be seen. But he could very easily give you a donut.

• Like 2
  • Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think I’m gonna start him just so I can look like a genius when he goes off. My league mates already think I’m dumb so if he flops no loss. 

Literally all you have to think about to see the obvious upside here is Sammy Watkins injury history.

Posted Images

They don’t have as much shares into Robinson, and Hardman definitely fits the Tyreek mold far more. So I’d say Mecole. He was a very ‘questionable’ holding call by McCoy (can the refs get out of the games, what’s the deal this season seriously???) from having a MONSTER day. With Maholmes as his qb, he can go off easily every week. Robinson having that big day only helps him moving forward imo 

• Like 5

who do you guys think is the better WR to own ROS - hardman or robinson?

right now they both look good, but once tyreek comes back isn't hardman filling that role right now? won't he just go back to special teams and punt returning?

because best case they are both behind hill, kelce, watkins but one will inevitably take a bigger hit than the other

On it’s face it would seem Robinson would be the guy to own ROS

43 minutes ago, street sharks said:

who do you guys think is the better WR to own ROS - hardman or robinson?

right now they both look good, but once tyreek comes back isn't hardman filling that role right now? won't he just go back to special teams and punt returning?

because best case they are both behind hill, kelce, watkins but one will inevitably take a bigger hit than the other

For those wondering, Mecole was drafted for insurance in the event Tyreek Hill was suspended or missed the season. He’s out of UGA, with similar size/speed of Hill. He was being drafted 11/12 rounds of fantasy drafts this summer. It wouldn’t surprise me if he was a WR3 ROS. His first two games he had just over 70% snap rate. Potential league winner, if injuries continue to hit the Chiefs offense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, mjb said:

For those wondering, Mecole was drafted for insurance in the event Tyreek Hill was suspended or missed the season. He’s out of UGA, with similar size/speed of Hill. He was being drafted 11/12 rounds of fantasy drafts this summer. It wouldn’t surprise me if he was a WR3 ROS. His first two games he had just over 70% snap rate. Potential league winner, if injuries continue to hit the Chiefs offense.

What was Robinson's snap rate?

3 minutes ago, pbjfb said:

What was Robinson's snap rate?

week 1

hardman: 78%

robinson: 63%

week 2

hardman: 74%

robinson: 91%

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

6 minutes ago, mjb said:

How do you view him once Hill is back and everyone stays healthy?

• Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, mjb said:

Welcome to page 1.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
On 9/16/2019 at 12:30 PM, MrPositive said:

They don’t have as much shares into Robinson, and Hardman definitely fits the Tyreek mold far more. So I’d say Mecole. He was a very ‘questionable’ holding call by McCoy (can the refs get out of the games, what’s the deal this season seriously???) from having a MONSTER day. With Maholmes as his qb, he can go off easily every week. Robinson having that big day only helps him moving forward imo 

Isn't hardman faster than tyreek with better hands?

After kickoff returns he wasn’t in on the next play or two. But he is in virtually every play thereafter. Both look good and I think Robinson was getting the same type of looks as Sammy. But his 2 week snap count looks spot on for the 3rd wr when the teams at full strength.

1 hour ago, street sharks said:

week 1

hardman: 78%

robinson: 63%

week 2

hardman: 74%

robinson: 91%

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

How do you view him once Hill is back and everyone stays healthy?

Hill could easily fall on that shoulder going for a catch and miss the rest of the season. Sammy Watkins hasn't been able to stay healthy his whole career. I think you need to own both these cats and see how things go. 

• Like 2