NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Mecole Hardman 2019 Outlook

joebaker23

1 hour ago, mjb said:

He was in my lineup last week. 6 targets, TD, another 70 yarder called back. Playing till I see a reason not to.

Thats how I feel on guys too. Give me a reason to not play you. I definitely feel that the Chiefs would like Hardman and not Robinson (who’s been with them for a while) to win that 3rd receiver position when the Freak returns. He’s gonna get fed this game period. They definitely want to see more of what they got. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TennisDude said:

Thats how I feel on guys too. Give me a reason to not play you. I definitely feel that the Chiefs would like Hardman and not Robinson (who’s been with them for a while) to win that 3rd receiver position when the Freak returns. He’s gonna get fed this game period. They definitely want to see more of what they got. 

I'd go even further. You already have Tyreek, Sammy, and Kelce. Arguably the best three player pass catching group on one team in the league. Nearly worst defense in the league, exactly where their draft capital should have been used. They still traded up into the 2nd round with basically their first pick of the draft (no 1st rounder this year) to go and get him. He flashed all preseason. 

They know what they have and they are going to use him. I don't hate it, but almost feel bad leaving him on my bench for this game. Just can't put him above the other guys I have. Good position to be in.

Edited by tschwicht
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Skip23 said:

If Hardman does great in the next games, can he breakout and be at least a WR2 ROS even after Hill returns?

Not with Kelce around. A healthy KC is Hill, Watkins, and Kelce as the top three. Kelce is their WR2. At best Hardman could be a WR3 statistically with a healthy Chiefs team. Logically he's a WR4 though.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Skip23 said:

If Hardman does great in the next games, can he breakout and be at least a WR2 ROS even after Hill returns?

I think he can absolutely prove more effective than Watkins. He's also a freakish athlete that's extremely raw, I think can even prove as effective as Tyreek, however unlikely. The health of neither of those guys is guaranteed. He's on my roster because his ceiling is the sky. So, yes, while you shouldn't be expecting WR2 production, he absolutely has that potential as soon as this year, and more, in this offense and with the injury concerns to his direct competition.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Until and unless he puts up a stinker, I plan to have him in my lineup until Tyreek comes back.  There is no reason not to.

For sure.  Why would someone pick him up off the waiver wire and sit this shiny new toy on the bench?  It would have been 2TD for 155 if McCoy wasn't called for holding.  With Patty Mahomes throwing him the ball, there's only a handful of others with his upside. 

15 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Not with Kelce around. A healthy KC is Hill, Watkins, and Kelce as the top three. Kelce is their WR2. At best Hardman could be a WR3 statistically with a healthy Chiefs team. Logically he's a WR4 though.

I'd agree. He's WR4 on a team that the focus on other guys will create opportunities for him to have some WR2 type games, and injuries throughout the season can give him some good games as well to push him up. I think WR3 type numbers isn't out of the question as end of year numbers for him depending on how long Tyreek is out. Pretty good considering many people picked him up on waivers. I drafted him myself. Being a Chiefs fan finally comes in handy for fantasy football the past few years!

21 minutes ago, Tob said:

For sure.  Why would someone pick him up off the waiver wire and sit this shiny new toy on the bench?  It would have been 2TD for 155 if McCoy wasn't called for holding.  With Patty Mahomes throwing him the ball, there's only a handful of others with his upside. 

I just don't understand how I can sit Adam Thielen, Marquiese Brown, or Chris Godwin for him this week. Can you convince me?

26 minutes ago, Tob said:

It’s called having a deep team.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skip23 said:

Absolutely- With 2 caveats:

1- it might be in the form of a couple big games peppered by mediocre games.  

2- might take a watkins or D Robinson injury. 

Or maybe they continue to struggle in the running game and the WRs EAT.  With Mahomes and Reid the sky is the limit.   50 tds could happen again.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Impreza178 said:

Absolutely- With 2 caveats:

1- it might be in the form of a couple big games peppered by mediocre games.  

2- might take a watkins or D Robinson injury. 

Or maybe they continue to struggle in the running game and the WRs EAT.  With Mahomes and Reid the sky is the limit.   50 tds could happen again.  

I think C is most likely. 

If the running game struggles I could see Reid opening it up with the short passes and sweeps acting as a pseudo-rushing attack.

3 hours ago, Skip23 said:

Chris Conley last year would be my expectation for Hardman when Hill comes back. So not really. A few good games with some TDs in there, but the volume would be too low to maintain a consistent WR2 level.

Just now, Idoolittle said:

Chris Conley last year would be my expectation for Hardman when Hill comes back. So not really. A few good games with some TDs in there, but the volume would be too low to maintain a consistent WR2 level.

Does it matter that Hardman is WAY more explosive and healthier than Conley ever dreamed of being?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Idoolittle said:

Should be rostered in all formats until we see him not producing. Sammy’s injury history makes him a good stash. 

7 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Does it matter that Hardman is WAY more explosive and healthier than Conley ever dreamed of being?

Is he better than Kelce, Hill, and Watkins though? I guess I'm just looking at it from a perspective they can't feed everyone. He'll get his looks and opportunities because he's good, but I'd have a hard time right now saying we can count on him on a weekly basis when Hill returns.

10 minutes ago, Idoolittle said:

Is he better than Kelce, Hill, and Watkins though? I guess I'm just looking at it from a perspective they can't feed everyone. He'll get his looks and opportunities because he's good, but I'd have a hard time right now saying we can count on him on a weekly basis when Hill returns.

Maybe. I think Sammy Watkins has a little trouble staying healthy.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Maybe. I think Sammy Watkins has a little trouble staying healthy.

Injuries change everything. I mean, if Mahomes gets hurt all these guys are screwed.

1 minute ago, mjb said:

Hardman has run 2 fewer routes than Travis Kelce in 2019 FWIW.

I'd still much rather have Kelce on my fantasy roster than Hardman.

• Haha 1