NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Mecole Hardman 2019 Outlook

joebaker23

I like Hardman. I have him in a bunch of my leagues, and I'm starting him in all of them (as of now anyway). But that's because he's produced well without Hill in the lineup. When Hill returns, I'm not going to drop Hardman, but I'm also not going to bank on him having the same production he's having now. Just need to wait and see how Hill's return affects his production. Right now, I think we'd have to expect that he'll have a decline and be something less than a WR2 simply based on where he is in the depth chart. But a lot can happen between now and then. I just think it's tough to project his ROS outlook based on these games without Hill. Similar to how you can't really look at Agholor's production without Jeffery and DJax. [And before someone says "how DARE you compare Agholor to Hardman" or something along those lines, that's not what I'm getting at. I'm just saying a player's role can have a significant impact on a player's fantasy outlook, and it's tough to evaluate a player knowing their role is likely to change]. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, herschel said:

Thoughts on the matchup this week?  Baltimore’s defense is better than what they have faced thus far....

Ravens are a much better rush defense than pass defense. I would be starting Hardman but I have Adams, Edelman and Ridley locked in at WR. 

• Like 1

Baltimore got torched by AZ. They have played 2 scrubs so far. No chance they can stop KC!  Mecole is going to go apes..t on those guys. Balt will probably sell out to stop Kelce and voila there goes Hardman. I love his upside this week. Starting with total confidence. Like the other dude said LFG.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

Looks like it'll be windy, too 😕

It’s been a well known proverb to not worry about wind until 15mph. Tomorrow is listed for 12mph. Though heavy rain and 12mph does bring a slight caution. Best to check current weather tomorrow in KC around 12:30 and make the most informed decision you can.

Saying that, Maholmes does throw probably the fastest football in history. 

Edited by MrPositive

3 minutes ago, FouLLine said:

Ahh damn hopefully it doesn't I want to see a big time shoot out between Lamar and Mahomes.

Almost certain to rain at Arrowhead tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

It’s been a well known proverb to not worry about wind until 15mph. Tomorrow is listed for 12mph. Though heavy rain and 12mph does bring a slight caution. Best to check current weather tomorrow in KC around 12:30 and make the most informed decision you can.

Saying that, Maholmes does throw probably the fastest football in history. 

Predictions range from 80% to 100% chance of rain throughout the game. Winds are expected to face the south at kickoff and could reach up to 18 mph gusts. A total of 1-2 inches of rainfall is expected throughout the day. There could also be some roaming thunderstorms to contend with, which could potentially lead to game delays.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

Almost certain to rain at Arrowhead tomorrow.

Predictions range from 80% to 100% chance of rain throughout the game. Winds are expected to face the south at kickoff and could reach up to 18 mph gusts. A total of 1-2 inches of rainfall is expected throughout the day. There could also be some roaming thunderstorms to contend with, which could potentially lead to game delays.

Ya that is worrisome. But alas, Hardman is playing the slot right? So he could be the even bigger benefactor of it all. 

20 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

Ya that is worrisome. But alas, Hardman is playing the slot right? So he could be the even bigger benefactor of it all. 

It’s in the early slot fortunately.  Just watch the pregame and if it doesnt look like a hurricane-   He goes

I’m not as concerned with the Ravens matchup or the weather so much as the Ravens’ style of play combined with the Chiefs’ poor defense. They’ve had 40 and 37 min time of possession so far, and should be able to move the ball just fine on KC. This will lead to fewer possessions for the Chiefs. Of course, Mahomes can still do a lot of damage with few possessions, but I’d expect this to be a lower scoring game (for KC) and won’t be surprised if the Ravens pull off the upset. I’d expect Hardman to have a decent, but not great game here. Would love to be wrong though. No matter what I still love his upside long-term.

• Like 1