NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mecole Hardman 2019 Outlook

3 hours ago, MarielJr said:

He was awesome but only two targets its a big red light for me and having so Many mouths to feed...I dont know If he can be trusted in a weekly base,although Im curious,he showed some skills and I can see him being the WR2 even when Hill comes back

There aren't that many mouths to feed here.  The WR1 is out.  Watkins is your typical "who knows if he'll show up today?" guy.  Kelce will always get his, and there's Robinson, but this team isn't running the ball 25-30 times a game like Dallas.  They throw plenty.  Hardman is going to have some boom-bust to him because he's a big play guy but if you play 3 WRs or have two flex spots or something this guy is the ultimate "joker" play, especially if you're solid elsewhere, because his ceiling is the moon.

• Like 4
  • Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think I’m gonna start him just so I can look like a genius when he goes off. My league mates already think I’m dumb so if he flops no loss. 

Literally all you have to think about to see the obvious upside here is Sammy Watkins injury history.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

There aren't that many mouths to feed here.  The WR1 is out.  Watkins is your typical "who knows if he'll show up today?" guy.  Kelce will always get his, and there's Robinson, but this team isn't running the ball 25-30 times a game like Dallas.  They throw plenty.  Hardman is going to have some boom-bust to him because he's a big play guy but if you play 3 WRs or have two flex spots or something this guy is the ultimate "joker" play, especially if you're solid elsewhere, because his ceiling is the moon.

Perfectly stated.    He’s the ultimate joker card.   Or maybe he’s...2 joker cards?   

He has now connected both games since Hills injury.   I’m letting it ride one more time ♠️  

What is his outlook once Tyreke is back and into next year?  I'm thinking about trading for him in a keeper league but I'm not sure if the long term value matches the short term boost in his asking price that's resulted from the past two weeks of nice production.

Edited by Trifecta
  • Like 1
30 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

What is his outlook once Tyreke is back and into next year?  I'm thinking about trading for him in a keeper league but I'm not sure if the long term value matches the short term boost in his asking price that's resulted from the past two weeks of nice production.

All I've learned/perceived(do we really learn in fantasy football, or just react?) is that tyreek is just as much a role player as hardman and Robinson.  Sure, he would get his job back once he comes back.  In the meantime, slap a thigh and ride the hardman robinson wave

Edited by 1972Miamidolphins
  • Like 1
30 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

Simply want shares of this offense, but what I have seen is that Robinson has essentially taken over most of Hill's old routes, as well as snap % etc...I think Hardman basically has his 'own' independent role in this offense, where as Robinson is the one that has come into most of his value thru picking up Hill duties--meaning he may revert back to the old Conley role +?

22 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

tyreek is just as much a role player as hardman and Robinson.

You can pretty clearly tell with the eye test that this isn't the case. Tyreek is legitimately game breaking. Hardman is just fast. Robinson is...ok at running routes and catching contested passes?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, sSektor said:

You can pretty clearly tell with the eye test that this isn't the case. Tyreek is legitimately game breaking. Hardman is just fast. Robinson is...ok at running routes and catching contested passes?

I agree, I did say he would get his job back once he returns, not because he is a stand up guy, but u have to admit, ride this train while it's hot, they all depend on mahomes, even tyreek

Firing this up on the fast track in Detroit this week over Andrews. Kid is on a TD streak, If you aren't riding him against a Detroit team that might be missing Slay on that fast track in a controlled environment, then when are you? 

Flex heat, looking to keep the unblemished record alive. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
19 minutes ago, Kars said:

Picking him up hopping he becomes WR2 on chiefs after hill returns 

When Hill returns and assuming Watkins stays healthy (a questionable proposition) who is more likely to be the third WR between Hardman and Robinson?

36 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

His TD grab? I thought he showed incredible body control on that catch. 

No, it's around 1:45 of this clip:

He gets thrown a tipped hospital ball, makes a great catch (the clip doesn't show everything unfortunately) when it probably would've been a fumble otherwise, then basically outruns everyone across the field to turn a disaster into a big gain.  Just sick talent.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ace_King said:

When Hill returns and assuming Watkins stays healthy (a questionable proposition) who is more likely to be the third WR between Hardman and Robinson?

Personally? I think Hardman. They have way too much stock in him. Fair or not. Nevertheless, I don’t think he’s playable when Hill returns though :/, unless you are in an extremely deep league

• Thanks 1

I disagree. I think it’s Robinson and it’s not close. He’s somewhat polished, been around, and recently shown he’s a lot more well rounded than Hardman, plus he has size. Hardman is still unpolished and a bit of a long term project. Hardman is basically a much lesser version of hill and Robinson is a lesser version of Watkins. 

• Thanks 2
4 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

All I've learned/perceived(do we really learn in fantasy football, or just react?) is that tyreek is just as much a role player as hardman and Robinson.  Sure, he would get his job back once he comes back.  In the meantime, slap a thigh and ride the hardman robinson wave

Lol I did not see that coming at the end there 😂

2 hours ago, aapox said:

I disagree. I think it’s Robinson and it’s not close. He’s somewhat polished, been around, and recently shown he’s a lot more well rounded than Hardman, plus he has size. Hardman is still unpolished and a bit of a long term project. Hardman is basically a much lesser version of hill and Robinson is a lesser version of Watkins. 

I agree. Robinson for sure.  Kids flashing some pretty good grabs too. Think it was the TD this week, was beautiful

10 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

This is ridiculous.  These guys have played 2 games.  I doubt either guy could sniff Tyreek if they had to face shut down corners and defenses game planning for them for an entire season.  Learn from the Damien Williams experience.  A small sample size under optimum conditions doesn’t mean you can handle being a number 1 for an entire season.  

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Rickydragon said:

This is ridiculous.  These guys have played 2 games.  I doubt either guy could sniff Tyreek if they had to face shut down corners and defenses game planning for them for an entire season.  Learn from the Damien Williams experience.  A small sample size under optimum conditions doesn’t mean you can handle being a number 1 for an entire season.  

Poor analogy for several reasons.  Not the same demands for WRs vs rbs.   Rbs have to physically take the pounding for 16 weeks.   They have pass catching and protection duties.  They have to know the audibles and blocking adjustments to find the open running lanes.  

The Z wr position in this offense runs mid and deep routes...blocks rarely.   Adjusts to audibles rarely.  Tyreek may be the most talented of the 3 guys playing the deep role...but he’s clearly not critical to their success.   It’s all about Mahomes and whichever fast wr he throws to.  

This post will not add much value other than to state the obvious that you want a part of this historic offense wherever you can get it and truly only Andy Reid knows how he will utilize all of his obscene weapons once Tyreek returns. It is truly an embarrassment of riches but I think Hardman has shown enough talent and they spent enough capital on him (2nd round pick) that clearly the Chefs* have a role for him  (and not just as Tyreek insurance, although he still may be that one day). I'm on the Hardman train and I think it'll be a fun ride!

• Like 3
1 hour ago, timexsocialclub said:

This post will not add much value other than to state the obvious that you want a part of this historic offense wherever you can get it and truly only Andy Reid knows how he will utilize all of his obscene weapons once Tyreek returns. It is truly an embarrassment of riches but I think Hardman has shown enough talent and they spent enough capital on him (2nd round pick) that clearly the Chefs* have a role for him  (and not just as Tyreek insurance, although he still may be that one day). I'm on the Hardman train and I think it'll be a fun ride!

So true, this offense is rolling and you want a part of it. Watching Mahomes sling the rock is like watching Techmo bowl where you could chuck it across the whole field.  Mahomes' arm is insane and he makes it look effortless. Its literally a video game.

As long as Hill is out I'm 100% starting Mecole and not thinking twice. Gotta play him. His chance to score a TD is as good as some of the top RBs.

• Haha 1