Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mecole Hardman 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think I’m gonna start him just so I can look like a genius when he goes off. My league mates already think I’m dumb so if he flops no loss. 

Literally all you have to think about to see the obvious upside here is Sammy Watkins injury history.

Posted Images

What's on the waiver wire you guys are dropping him for? I think he's worth a hold as he has been a major part of the Chiefs' offense to date. Who knows what his role will be when Tyreek returns but he could still be involved. He was a high draft pick for a reason. Plus if there are future injuries to the KC WR corpse he could maintain his role or possibly take on a larger one. It seems pretty rash to drop him so quickly. Thielen and OBJ were awful this week. Julio, Hopkins, Keenan not much better. These things happen.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JJ1223 said:

Yikes.  I thought he was going to be a great start in a dome game against Detroit's banged up defense.  Couldn't have been more wrong.

Getting really tough to hold on to this guy.

Brady played in the dome last year, and NE got crushed. So not a fluke.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JJ1223 said:

Yikes.  I thought he was going to be a great start in a dome game against Detroit's banged up defense.  Couldn't have been more wrong.

Getting really tough to hold on to this guy.

None of KC wrs did anything last week. Yet for some illogical reason, you guys are acting as if Hardman is to blame lol. So emotional. Also, news flash, any WR can have a bad week depending on the offense. Its football. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoesPros said:

Nah hes right. You must be new to fantasy football. The floor for ANY wide receiver is zero. ANY one.

Technically you guys are right, any WR has a zero floor, but that’s obviously no way of evaluating your team. The probability of Hardman hitting that zero, which was pretty damn close this week, is a lot higher than say Sanu or Will Fuller. To me this guy has always felt like a boom-or-bust (even after a couple weeks of decent production), but this week was a huge bust that would understandably warrant any manager to drop him. I’m certainly thinking about it, but then again it also depends on your roster. I didn’t watch the game, so I don’t know how he looked out there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I prefer to think of it the other way around. He just had 2 nice games on really limited targets and he was due for a dud. Everyone has off games. Now he’ll probably pop another big one now that people will drop or sit him. I will probably do one of those two things, but I wouldn’t be shocked at all to see 2-4 receptions for 80-100 and a TD this week. He’s still got the one play ability to be worth starting and is connected to mahomes and that gives him a ceiling that’s worth risking the floor. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Any piece in KC is volatile except Kelce and, to some extent, Hill. And whatever RB is getting the work that week. So, the rest are very unpredictable. He does have a role there unlike Demarcus Robinson. DRob's going to be pretty useless for fantasy purposes when Hill returns.

The only reasoning people have for preferring Hardman over DRob is the fact that they used a high draft pick on Hardman. DRob and Mahomes obviously have more chemistry. With that being said, I don't think either will be anything more than a dart throw flex play once Tyreek is back. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, collucho said:

The only reasoning people have for preferring Hardman over DRob is the fact that they used a high draft pick on Hardman. DRob and Mahomes obviously have more chemistry. With that being said, I don't think either will be anything more than a dart throw flex play once Tyreek is back. 

 

The reason we prefer Hardman is 2 fold.  The first being his superior talent.  4.3 40 time with Mahomes laser arm is fantasy candy.  Second, his route tree/role is more likely to translate into regular targets once Tyreek returns.  DRob is handling the “Z” spot (Tyreek) while Mecole has his own role.  I fail to see a substantial difference in chemistry-  A 70 yard mecole TD called back because of holding is the only difference in their production.   

Edited by Impreza178
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, collucho said:

The only reasoning people have for preferring Hardman over DRob is the fact that they used a high draft pick on Hardman. DRob and Mahomes obviously have more chemistry. With that being said, I don't think either will be anything more than a dart throw flex play once Tyreek is back. 

DRob will be on the bench when Hill comes back. He is nothing

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, JohnD said:

So for Indy this week.... they typically run a zone defense. Do we think this plays into Hardmans skill set or limits him?

 

Not enough sample size to know...and even if there was...I doubt it’s the determining factor in Mahomes success or struggles.   He’s smoked zone, man, and about every other scheme DCs have thrown his way.   Combine the genius and experience of Reid...they’re lethal to any defense.  

 I’m willing to bet this KC passing game bounces back in a big way and you’ll want pieces this weekend.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, aapox said:

I prefer to think of it the other way around. He just had 2 nice games on really limited targets and he was due for a dud. Everyone has off games. Now he’ll probably pop another big one now that people will drop or sit him. I will probably do one of those two things, but I wouldn’t be shocked at all to see 2-4 receptions for 80-100 and a TD this week. He’s still got the one play ability to be worth starting and is connected to mahomes and that gives him a ceiling that’s worth risking the floor. 

 

Pretty sure there is no correlation between starting or sitting players in fantasy and their actual performance on the field.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JohnD said:

So for Indy this week.... they typically run a zone defense. Do we think this plays into Hardmans skill set or limits him?

 

Zone defense is all we've played in the past and it's the only thing that'll work this year.

Image result for hoosiers barber shop scene

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zangief80 said:

 

Pretty sure there is no correlation between starting or sitting players in fantasy and their actual performance on the field.

 

No, there isn't, but I believe sticking solely to numbers and correlation is a poor way to play the game. You gotta have that human 'gut' and 'heart' element!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...