Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Mecole Hardman 2019 Outlook


joebaker23
 Share

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

 

I don't consider WR20-25 a 'stud'. I'm sure there has been a rookie that has come in and done well. Im a UGA fan and already sold on Hardman so I'm not looking it up.

 

I already gathered you were a fan/booster 🤣

but for wr 20-25  and beyond there are far more appealing wr's for those who like to use ffc adp  #45 is where he currently is

20 4.11 Kenny Golladay WR DET 5 47.4 5.5 2.01 5.12 136
21 5.03 Calvin Ridley WR ATL 9 50.6 4.8 3.01 5.12 127
22 5.04 Jarvis Landry WR CLE 7 51.9 4.2 4.03 6.03 122
23 5.06 Chris Godwin WR TB 7 54.1 4.9 4.01 6.06 126
24 5.10 Mike Williams WR LAC 12 58.3 4.8 4.02 6.10 127
25 5.12 Alshon Jeffery WR PHI 10 59.7 4.7 4.09 6.10 116
26 6.02 Tyler Boyd WR CIN 9 62.5 5.7 4.03 7.03 127
27 6.04 D.J. Moore WR CAR 7 64.4 5.5 4.11 7.06 154
28 6.07 Tyler Lockett WR SEA 11 67.4 5.3 5.04 7.09 141
29 6.12 Allen Robinson WR CHI 6 72.4 6.6 5.07 8.09 145
30 7.04 Dante Pettis WR SF 4 76.2 6.6 5.08 8.10 123
31 7.08 Will Fuller WR HOU 10 79.7 8.5 5.03 9.01 117
32 7.09 Robby Anderson WR NYJ 4 80.8 7.2 6.02 9.04 194
33 7.12 Emmanuel Sanders WR DEN 10 84.4 7.0 6.01 9.01 139
34 8.01 Sammy Watkins WR KC 12 84.8 9.7 2.09 9.07 253
35 8.05 Doug Baldwin WR SEA 11 88.5 6.9 6.07 9.10 116
36 8.06 Christian Kirk WR ARI 12 89.7 6.6 6.07 9.08 162
37 8.08 Corey Davis WR TEN 11 91.9 8.6 6.01 9.11 138
38 8.11 Golden Tate WR NYG 11 94.6 8.7 6.01 9.12 116
39 9.02 Geronimo Allison WR GB 11 98.5 6.4 7.05 10.05 143
40 9.07 Marvin Jones WR DET 5 102.9 7.9 6.12 10.09 111
41 9.09 Courtland Sutton WR DEN 10 104.8 7.1 8.01 11.01 109
42 9.10 Sterling Shepard WR NYG 11 105.6 9.2 6.12 10.12 131
43 9.11 Larry Fitzgerald WR ARI 12 107.0 6.8 6.12 10.09 96
44 10.01 James Washington WR PIT 7 109.2 7.3 8.09 11.03 74
45 10.04 DK Metcalf

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/28/2019 at 8:32 AM, dashoe said:

 

but you can't question his football IQ  which was very good and he was dedicated to learning the wr position beyond running a fast  go route and it showed in his play. 

No rookie wr comes into a Reid system and turns into an instant stud. They need a year to learn it  and produce. 

If youre lucky mecole may be the benificiary of defenses focused on watkins+kelce and he catches a few long  scoring passes similar to what Ridley did last season on ATL

That was the narrative until DJax and Maclin were drafted in Philly. DJax had an immediate year 1 impact. And Maclin was very good as well. The real truth is that Reid had the worst luck drafting WR's until he hit on DJax and Maclin and then Tyreek in KC.

If Hardman is the real deal then he can definitely come in and have a year 1 impact. I still think Watkins will be the main receiver if Tyreek is gone, barring injury.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This guy is no where near the polished/experienced player Hill was coming out of college, so IMHO his true value is in dynasty, where his upside can be capitalized.

MH career college stats: 60/961/11 (16yds/rec) and 13/97/2 (7.4yds/carry) *73 total offensive touches

TH career college stats: JuCo = 69/1218/11 (17.6yds/rec) and 169/933/7 + OK St = and 31/281/1 (9.1yds/rec) and 102/534/1 (5.2yds/carry) + Ala St = 27/444/1 (16.4yds/rec) and 25/237/1 (9.48yds/carry)………...Career stats = 127/1943/13 (15.3yds/rec) and 296/1704/9 (5.7yds/carry) *423 total offensive touches

 

 

Edited by FollowTheLeader
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, devaster said:

 I still think Watkins will be the main receiver if Tyreek is gone, barring injury.

 

agreed regarding main receiver.

and have no fear: watkins is as solid as a rock

giphy.gif

11 minutes ago, FollowTheLeader said:

This guy is no where near the polished/experienced player Hill was coming out of college, so IMHO his true value is in dynasty, where his upside can be capitalized.

MH career college stats: 60/961/11 (16yds/rec) and 13/97/2 (7.4yds/carry) *73 total offensive touches

TH career college stats: JuCo = 69/1218/11 (17.6yds/rec) and 169/933/7 + OK St = and 31/281/1 (9.1yds/rec) and 102/534/1 (5.2yds/carry) + Ala St = 27/444/1 (16.4yds/rec) and 25/237/1 (9.48yds/carry)………...Career stats = 127/1943/13 (15.3yds/rec) and 296/1704/9 (5.7yds/carry) *423 total offensive touches

 

 

 

agreed. i don't see hardman excelling yet. there will come a time when watkins is not playing and hardman may be thrust into the #1 WR role, but i'm skeptical as to his success in that role. certainly the length of tyreek's suspension and his retention on the chiefs should be clear by preseason. for leagues drafting now, other than dynasty, total crapshoot. and for dynasty, just the opposite: young talent ascending with an outstanding QB. WR1 potential before finishing his rookie contract.
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, devaster said:

That was the narrative until DJax and Maclin were drafted in Philly. DJax had an immediate year 1 impact. And Maclin was very good as well. The real truth is that Reid had the worst luck drafting WR's until he hit on DJax and Maclin and then Tyreek in KC.

If Hardman is the real deal then he can definitely come in and have a year 1 impact. I still think Watkins will be the main receiver if Tyreek is gone, barring injury.

The biggest factor is mahomes imo. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, dschddny said:

Do you all see him as absolutely producing more this year than Demarcus Robinson?  Seems like Robinson is being totally forgotten, where he could conceivably step into the #2 WR role, given more experience in the system.

Nah. I think either has a shot. Or both, when Sammy gets hurt.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Nah. I think either has a shot. Or both, when Sammy gets hurt.

Ah yes the inevitable Sammy injury!  In Best Ball drafts Mecole is going in the mid rounds anywhere from 10th to 14th and Robinson is "free" in the 19th or 20th so I guess grabbing Robinson late makes some sense

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, dschddny said:

Ah yes the inevitable Sammy injury!  In Best Ball drafts Mecole is going in the mid rounds anywhere from 10th to 14th and Robinson is "free" in the 19th or 20th so I guess grabbing Robinson late makes some sense

 

I think that is a solid last round best ball pick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agree with others he’s worse than hill coming out. Let’s not forget hill fell in the draft bc of his noted off the field concerns, which were clearly valid. 

I also wouldn’t use mahomes as a reason to draft someone. When looking at skill positions guys, if I think they play with a bad qb (josh Allen, Lamar Jackson etc.) big if they play with an elite one I don’t raise anyone solely bc of that. Now, if you’re clearly the wr1 for an elite qb, say devante Adams, that’s something, but just “playing with Rodger” won’t have me bump st brown in my rankings

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Panthers8912 said:

Agree with others he’s worse than hill coming out. Let’s not forget hill fell in the draft bc of his noted off the field concerns, which were clearly valid. 

I also wouldn’t use mahomes as a reason to draft someone. When looking at skill positions guys, if I think they play with a bad qb (josh Allen, Lamar Jackson etc.) big if they play with an elite one I don’t raise anyone solely bc of that. Now, if you’re clearly the wr1 for an elite qb, say devante Adams, that’s something, but just “playing with Rodger” won’t have me bump st brown in my rankings

. . . until Adams, mvs and allison go down. . . 

you forgot to add that last part 😂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Panthers8912 said:

 

I also wouldn’t use mahomes as a reason to draft someone. When looking at skill positions guys, if I think they play with a bad qb (josh Allen, Lamar Jackson etc.) big if they play with an elite one I don’t raise anyone solely bc of that. Now, if you’re clearly the wr1 for an elite qb, say devante Adams, that’s something, but just “playing with Rodger” won’t have me bump st brown in my rankings

 

What if it's the wr2 for an elite qb? I mean james jones had double digit TDs with rodgers. He surely wouldnt do that with any qb. Allison was awesome until he got hurt he was clearly the wr2 if not the wr3. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Panthers8912 said:

Agree with others he’s worse than hill coming out. Let’s not forget hill fell in the draft bc of his noted off the field concerns, which were clearly valid. 

I also wouldn’t use mahomes as a reason to draft someone. When looking at skill positions guys, if I think they play with a bad qb (josh Allen, Lamar Jackson etc.) then I’ll drop them down a few pegs. However, if they play with an elite qb, I wont raise anyone solely bc of that. Now, if you’re clearly the wr1 for an elite qb, say devante Adams, that’s something, but just “playing with Rodgers” won’t have me bump st brown in my rankings

Couldnt edit the post but fixed it now to actually make sense lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Stonej14 said:

 

What if it's the wr2 for an elite qb? I mean james jones had double digit TDs with rodgers. He surely wouldnt do that with any qb. Allison was awesome until he got hurt he was clearly the wr2 if not the wr3. 

 

 

Yes that’s fair, if the wr2 was good. Watkins for example, clearly got a boost playing with mahomes even though he was the wr2, but watkins is a lot better than MH. Just not enough here for me to bump MH bc of mahomes. I think it’s more likely mahomes production suffers with no hill than someone comes in and semi-replicates hills production. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Panthers8912 said:

Yes that’s fair, if the wr2 was good. Watkins for example, clearly got a boost playing with mahomes even though he was the wr2, but watkins is a lot better than MH. Just not enough here for me to bump MH bc of mahomes. I think it’s more likely mahomes production suffers with no hill than someone comes in and semi-replicates hills production. 

 

“Watkins is a lot better than MH....”  🤔.  We’ll see about that.  

  He’s got a head start for 2019 at least-  then  I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised to see him moved or cut.   There’s an out in Sammy’s contract after 2019.   He’s not the ideal player for Reid’s coveted Z spot either.  Hit and miss X who struggles to stay healthy.  Which is fine for a flex play. 

      There were multiple teams reported to be targeting Hardman in the second- for good reason.   He never got enough opportunity at Georgia but the coaches and scouts saw right through it.    Hills status and D Robinson performance will dictate if Watkins is even worth keeping around.

Edited by Impreza178
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

 

“Watkins is a lot better than MH....”  🤔.  We’ll see about that.  

  He’s got a head start for 2019 at least-  then  I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised to see him moved or cut.   There’s an out in Sammy’s contract after 2019.   He’s not the ideal player for Reid’s coveted Z spot either.  Hit and miss X who struggles to stay healthy.  Which is fine for a flex play. 

      There were multiple teams reported to be targeting Hardman in the second- for good reason.   He never got enough opportunity at Georgia but the coaches and scouts saw right through it.    Hills status and D Robinson performance will dictate if Watkins is even worth keeping around.

Lol, “multiple teams” were targeting Watkins top 5 ovr. He was the 4th player taken, and you think a second round wr isn’t definitely less skilled at this point in their careers? Watkins problem in the league has been his health, not his talent. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Panthers8912 said:

Lol, “multiple teams” were targeting Watkins top 5 ovr. He was the 4th player taken, and you think a second round wr isn’t definitely less skilled at this point in their careers? Watkins problem in the league has been his health, not his talent. 

just to add some context of talent in terms of other wr's in his drafted after him

 

in order:

WATKINS-Evans-OBJ-cooks-Benjamin-marquise-Matthews-Richardson-Davante-latimer-Arob-Landry-Moncried-John Brown

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, dashoe said:

just to add some context of talent in terms of other wr's in his drafted after him

 

in order:

WATKINS-Evans-OBJ-cooks-Benjamin-marquise-Matthews-Richardson-Davante-latimer-Arob-Landry-Moncried-John Brown

 

Blake Bortles was drafted ahead of all of those people. Solid choice for the Jags.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Panthers8912 said:

Lol, “multiple teams” were targeting Watkins top 5 ovr. He was the 4th player taken, and you think a second round wr isn’t definitely less skilled at this point in their careers? Watkins problem in the league has been his health, not his talent. 

At this point-  Agreed.   In 2019 redraft I would take Watkins over any other chiefs Wr.  I expect his ADP will reflect that.   Rookie WRs aren’t a great bet for production out the gate.  

The fact that Sammy was taken #4 in 2014 is beyond irrelevant.  A bad pick riddled by foot injuries with his 3rd team in 5 years.   In KC, we didn’t see anywhere near the 4.43 speed he had coming out of Clemson.  Major injuries tend to do that.   He’s in the correct possession role for that offense.  

Whoever lands the Z spot (Hardman, Hill) is who you want beyond this season.   With Mahomes pulling the trigger its a goldmine.       

Edited by Impreza178
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Impreza178 said:

At this point-  Agreed.   In 2019 redraft I would take Watkins over any other chiefs Wr.  I expect his ADP will reflect that.   Rookie WRs aren’t a great bet for production out the gate.  

The fact that Sammy was taken #4 in 2014 is beyond irrelevant.  A bad pick riddled by foot injuries with his 3rd team in 5 years.   In KC, we didn’t see anywhere near the 4.43 speed he had coming out of Clemson.  Major injuries tend to do that.   He’s in the correct possession role for that offense.  

Whoever lands the Z spot (Hardman, Hill) is who you want beyond this season.   With Mahomes pulling the trigger its a goldmine.       

In all fairness the Bills were tearing down their team and the rams paid them a 2nd round pick  and a backup db which isnt cheap and the Rams wanted to resign Watkins but the chiefs gave him a $48mm contract. So i think it's fair to say the Rams+ chiefs  view on his talent was very high.  brandin cooks was on his 3rd team in 5yrs too and he signed for $81mm but he has a track record of good health + production with winning franchises like the saints+pats. 

KC  is getting a discount like you get with bruised fruit? 🤣

Edited by dashoe
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...