NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mecole Hardman 2019 Outlook

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think I’m gonna start him just so I can look like a genius when he goes off. My league mates already think I’m dumb so if he flops no loss. 

Literally all you have to think about to see the obvious upside here is Sammy Watkins injury history.

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Butters said:

Agree. It informs us that maybe your league is not that highly competitive?

Bye weeks and a smaller bench will result in these happenings.

Forgot how angry people get when you make a negative comment in a guy's thread. Although I wasn't even expressing a negative opinion just stating a fact. 

Edited by collucho
29 minutes ago, collucho said:

I reluctantly dropped Mecole because of byes at other positions and no one scooped him in my highly competitive 14 man league. 

Makes sense. In leagues with benches of 5, if I dropped Hardman, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't get picked up. Dude hasn't done much, especially with a hobbled Mahomes and now with Hill returning. I mean, he hasn't done much since his few big catches. I understand that's the entire point of a boom or bust player on the Chiefs, but ugh...

Dude will most likely be rostered in leagues with a deeper bench...

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, collucho said:

Forgot how angry people get when you make a negative comment in a guy's thread. Although I wasn't even expressing a negative opinion just stating a fact. 

csb x2

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

Makes sense. In leagues with benches of 5, if I dropped Hardman, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't get picked up. Dude hasn't done much, especially with a hobbled Mahomes and now with Hill returning. I mean, he hasn't done much since his few big catches. I understand that's the entire point of a boom or bust player on the Chiefs, but ugh...

Dude will most likely be rostered in leagues with a deeper bench...

I’m sure if I drop him he gets picked up. No Sammy, Hill dinged and possibly aggravates it when he plays again. Why roster WR without a quality QB when you can get a starter with a Stud QB. That guys league sounds very competitive. Lol

14 minutes ago, Krambone said:

I’m sure if I drop him he gets picked up. No Sammy, Hill dinged and possibly aggravates it when he plays again. Why roster WR without a quality QB when you can get a starter with a Stud QB. That guys league sounds very competitive. Lol

I might be wrong, but I thought there was a trend with Hardman's snaps going down and Robinson's snaps going up? I also see a lot of useless routes by Hardman. He does that thing presnap where he motions behind the QB and then doesn't do anything from that play other than job off to the side. Hopefully it pays off and they actually give it to him this week on that play. Had a few plays where he was running a slow 5 yard curl. Just wish they'd utilize his speed a little more.

Just now, dave.zavala89 said:

Pringle is the add right since Watkins is out? 

Negative. He’s going to be demoted to 4th now that Hill is back. He only came in the game due to Watkins leaving. According to their depth chart Robinson backs up Hill and Hardman is behind Watkins. Again this is just based off their official depth chart.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, collucho said:

Thanks for your post - don’t listen to the haters. I find it interesting he wasn’t picked up. I’m currently holding in my 10-teamer and plan to keep him hopefully all season. There are not great WRs on the wire, the Chiefs love him, and he’s shown some great flashes. The presence of Demarcus Robinson and Pringle is a downgrade, but I don’t expect Hill and Watkins to be there all year, and he’s shown he can be quite productive even in limited touches.

Many people don’t realize that Hardman hasn’t even played WR that long and is a former QB (in high school) and CB (in college). His arrow is pointing way up ROS as he gets better at running routes and more familiar with the Chiefs’ offense. I absolutely loved him as a bench stash coming into the year, and still do.

• Like 1
Just now, E-A-G-L-E-S said:

Hill - Robinson - Hardman thebstarting 3 today.

Correct. I think the question for most is do you start Hardman or Robinson. Hill is a no brainer even coming off injury. Robinson is more possession/size obviously, so I doubt he leaves the field today with Watkins out.

Just now, tpat30 said:

Who knows. Maybe Hill is what Hardman will need. Houston without Joseph will probably keep a safety over top which should open things up for Hardman and Robinson.

I agree. You gotta wonder if they’d start both Hill & Hardman with their similar styles of just torching defenses with speed