NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mecole Hardman 2019 Outlook

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think I’m gonna start him just so I can look like a genius when he goes off. My league mates already think I’m dumb so if he flops no loss. 

Literally all you have to think about to see the obvious upside here is Sammy Watkins injury history.

Posted Images

Rolling with this dude as my WR3 this week with both Amari Cooper and AJ Green likely out.  I think he could be in for a fairly decent game actually, with Sammy the Hammy out and Harris and the Broncos likely giving more attention to Reek and Kelce.  The Broncos' special teams haven't been all that great either, so hopefully he'll get some decent return yardage too.  So I'm starting with semi-confidence!  CHOO CHOO!!!! 😂

On 10/17/2019 at 6:25 PM, kraftwrk_5 said:

Rolling with this dude as my WR3 this week with both Amari Cooper and AJ Green likely out.  I think he could be in for a fairly decent game actually, with Sammy the Hammy out and Harris and the Broncos likely giving more attention to Reek and Kelce.  The Broncos' special teams haven't been all that great either, so hopefully he'll get some decent return yardage too.  So I'm starting with semi-confidence!  CHOO CHOO!!!! 😂

great call here as per last Thursday's game 👍

but, errrrr, going forward 🤓

27 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

Are we still holding onto this guy?

Can’t really see much upside at this point or the foreseeable future.

I'd like to drop him but I can't. I drafted him as my Hill handcuff but he keeps scoring TDs. Only 3 targets last week is worrisome but Watkins is out. So this guy ideally is #2 WR right now with Robinson doing nothing as of late.

Having said all that, we do not know what Moore is going to be like and who he is going to focus on.  I have to keep this guy at least one more week, especially if Moore is going to throw his way more often.  If he doesn't get many targets this week then its OK to pull the string but I think I have to hold for at least this week to see what happens with this offense.

1 hour ago, Big Nate said:

I'd like to drop him but I can't. I drafted him as my Hill handcuff but he keeps scoring TDs. Only 3 targets last week is worrisome but Watkins is out. So this guy ideally is #2 WR right now with Robinson doing nothing as of late.

I don’t believe Watkins is out for this week.

4 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

great call here as per last Thursday's game 👍

but, errrrr, going forward 🤓

Thanks.  He was was thisclose to a second TD on Thursday, but just missed it.  Yeah, Mahomes being out and Watkins due to come back isn't looking good for his outlook.  I'm gonna keep holding for now, but keep him on the bench at least until Mahomey comes back or if he somehow manages to still produce with Moore (not holding my breath though).  Mahomes might be back sooner than expected, so don't think he's a bad hold, but he's definitely on the border of being dropped for me.  Just would hate to miss out on his potential future upside, especially in a keeper league like mine.  My once-great WR situation is suddenly getting to be trash though.  Between Hardman, Cooper being on a bye, and Keenan and Fitzgerald underproducing, need to get AJ Green back in the worst way.  Starting Stills over Hardman this week with Fuller out for any who are interested in how I'm viewing his prospects in Week 8.

Edited by kraftwrk_5
Just now, kraftwrk_5 said:

Yeah, I love that movie but this doesn't make any sense.  Ridley's arrow is pointing way up with Sanu gone now.  Can't exactly say the same for Hardman.

Hardman is sitting on my bench for emergency purposes. I think at this point you have to be really desperate to start him with Hill back in the mix.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

Hardman is sitting on my bench for emergency purposes. I think at this point you have to be really desperate to start him with Hill back in the mix.

He's still been decent when Hill was playing.  I think Watkins possibly coming back this week is a greater drain on his value.  That plus the obvious downgrade for the entire KC offense going from Mahomes to Moore.

Just now, kraftwrk_5 said:

He's still been decent when Hill was playing.  I think Watkins possibly coming back this week is a greater drain on his value.  That plus the obvious downgrade for the entire KC offense going from Mahomes to Moore.

He caught two passes last game and one was a TD. He won't sustain that type of production.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
43 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

He caught two passes last game and one was a TD. He won't sustain that type of production.

I'm in agreement, lol - check my posts above.  He did almost nothing after Mahomes got knocked out of the game.  He's a definite sit for me and a probable drop for many others if you're in a shallow league or short on bench space.

1 minute ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

Welp, I’m basically gonna be forced to start this guy now with KA probably out. Starting with underconfidence! 

let’s go... 🙃

I would probably start Humphries or Beasley before I started Hardman without Mahomes playing.