NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mecole Hardman 2019 Outlook

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think I’m gonna start him just so I can look like a genius when he goes off. My league mates already think I’m dumb so if he flops no loss. 

Literally all you have to think about to see the obvious upside here is Sammy Watkins injury history.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, dakimbell said:

IMO it takes a Hill injury/suspension to make him a weekly starter in fantasy

Could perhaps more easily be a Watkins injury as well

Edit: My bad, didn't read the quoted post before responding to yours 

Edited by cbsholy

I still see Robinson listed as their 3rd WR most places.  Mahomes has had a lot of good things to say about Robinson as well.  I really think they will have 4 strong WR options.  Outside of Hill though, it's really hard to tell who will get more looks.

I think a lot of folks are overlooking Robinson as a WR 4/5 type player.  Not sure where Hardman fits into this either.  But I am not sold Hardman will eclipse Robinson so soon.

7 hours ago, itschief33 said:

Hopped off the Darwin train with the crash ahead and landed here boys. First time ever feeling like I’m cuffing my WR1

I think they run him on those end arounds like tyreek would do a lot. Sprinkle him in some early in the season. Hopefully one of those guys who starts to get better as the season goes no need to rush him. I got him in dynasty on my bench so I can afford to wait but I think he could be a nice surprise in the 2nd half of the season

Got him on my watch list, only problem is he'll have a big week and then it'll be too late to grab him haha

Classic conundrum of sleeper WR types, you can have them on your radar way before everyone else, but the same sign that tells you he's ready to be picked up, will be the same sign that let's all other owners know who he is...

• Like 2

Hardman will get work this year. As a Chiefs fan it kills me to say this, but Watkins will end up injured at some point. Hope I'm wrong. I think Mecole will become a sneaky PPR flex at some point with so much attention on Tyreek, Kelce, and Watkins. If there is an injury to Hill or Watkins, it will get real interesting. He will be on my team probably all year with the hope that I never have the urge to play him because an injury to someone else puts him on the field every down.

Such a great "stash and see" for leagues of 14+

He is raw, but Reid said repeatedly that he was far ahead of where he thought he'd be. He will be utilized in the weekly game plans and if he runs with those opportunities (or injuries dictate further usage) he will certainly become a flex option in short order. He could rise to the #3 passing option in one of the most explosive offenses with the best QB in the game.

I have this on the roster. You can't teach speed and Reed is the smartest offensive mind in the game today. I also own Mahomes, so the chance at double sauce made this play extra appealing. Hardman showed well in the preseason, this weekend Jax will be all over Hill and Kelce, I predict this kid gets in for 6 week 1. 

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, jeremyt7 said:

I thought that whole fiasco was over and done with? Care to let us all in on your secret?

I have no evidence.  I only know that:

1) He still doesn't have custody of his son back, for a reason

2) You don't teach your 3 year old son "boxing" lessons

This is the first time I have ever handcuffed a WR.... feels oddly strange.  No idea what to expect out of this guy this year but will hold him as long as I have roster space.  Some savvy owners in a keeper/dynasty league might offer something decent up later in the year if he's getting some burn.

Edited by Big Nate
55 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

This is the first time I have ever handcuffed a WR.... feels oddly strange.  No idea what to expect out of this guy this year but will hold him as long as I have roster space.  Some savvy owners in a keeper/dynasty league might offer something decent up later in the year if he's getting some burn.

I like this oddly strange construction.

• Like 1