NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mecole Hardman 2019 Outlook

8 hours ago, srothschild70 said:

The only way I could fit him on my team is to drop Crowder for him? NYJ have a crowded receiving field, but Crowder is a sneaky PPR play. Hard to drop a decent bye week filler for a pure speculative play. Is Watkins banged up already?

I’d take hardman over crowder all day. I see the jets pecking order going Anderson, enunwa, then crowder. I don’t see it w Sammy so my eventual pecking order is tyreek/kelce (whichever you want to rank first idc) then hardman. The difference being quarterback and offense. Gimme the 3rd on the chiefs not the jets. I won’t be sold on darnold until after this season.

• Like 1
  • Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think I’m gonna start him just so I can look like a genius when he goes off. My league mates already think I’m dumb so if he flops no loss. 

Literally all you have to think about to see the obvious upside here is Sammy Watkins injury history.

Posted Images

18 hours ago, thecaptain said:

a quick google of 3 year old boxing would challenge your second assertion. 

I'm fine with a 3 year old punching boxing mitts.  It's when your NFL father begins punching back that becomes an issue.

• Thanks 1

if you are getting to the point where you add Hardman over guys that actually did alot today I don't know what to say

hes 8th on my list, and I wouldnt even waste time with a claim, my list goes

Mclaurin

Hollywood

Crowder

JBrown

Chark

Hooper (TE optional)

Andrews (TE optional)

then I might think about him

5 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

if you are getting to the point where you add Hardman over guys that actually did alot today I don't know what to say

Mclaurin

Hollywood

Crowder

JBrown

Chark

Hooper (TE optional)

Andrews (TE optional)

WR2 on KC no?

1 hour ago, Golden Spikes said:

Mclaurin

Hollywood

Crowder

JBrown

Chark

Hooper (TE optional)

Andrews (TE optional)

You can chase last week's points, or you can go and get next week's points.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, panthersfan75 said:

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Tyreek Hill (collarbone) doesn't need surgery and will miss a "few weeks."

Hill was taken to the hospital to rule out a potential medical complication from his orthopedic injury but apparently got good news. "A few weeks" is still bad for fantasy players, but surgery would have meant a 6-8 week absence. This sounds more like 2-3 weeks. It does mean Hill will miss next week's potential blowup spot in Oakland. Sammy Watkins will be a WR1 during Hill's absence, while Mecole Hardman could become a deep-league factor.

I thought the “couple weeks” thing seemed optimistic based on other things I’ve seen. If Hill lands on the IR, how “all-in” can we be on Hardman? Sure didn’t get much run with Hill out pretty early in the game. Debating what to do with Hardman on waivers in a 10 team league.

1 minute ago, gufomel said:

I thought the “couple weeks” thing seemed optimistic based on other things I’ve seen. If Hill lands on the IR, how “all-in” can we be on Hardman? Sure didn’t get much run with Hill out pretty early in the game. Debating what to do with Hardman on waivers in a 10 team league.

Hardman 78% snap share.  With Tyreek officially not a part of the plan for the time...he’s likely to see valuable targets.  Or it could be D Robinson 🤷‍♂️ 

good adds both

I already had him stashed as Hill insurance, plus a potential starter next year if they cut Sammy or didn't extend Hill.  Needless to say, his outlook plummeted with the Hill extension and Sammy being Superman out there.      

I dont think he'll come in and see a lot of targets.  Maybe a limited role, some deep shots, but nothing to make him a good start.   

I doubt the Chiefs had Hardman worked into their gameplan much anyway so it wasn't a surprise that he didn't start getting plays once Hill went down.  This week should be telling.  They should actually be working in plays for him this week and his usage will be more insightful going forward based on this information.

Edited by marlin
  • Like 3
Just now, marlin said:

I doubt the Chiefs had Hardman worked into their gameplan much anyway so it wasn't a surprise to start getting him plays once Hill went down.  This week should be telling.  They should actually be working in plays for him this week and his usage will be more insightful going forward based on this information.

This, plus Mahomes was clearly hurting and they did not need to put their foot on the pedal in 2H at all. Hardman will be very involved moving forward imo...if not then move on-

• Like 1