NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mecole Hardman 2019 Outlook

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think I’m gonna start him just so I can look like a genius when he goes off. My league mates already think I’m dumb so if he flops no loss. 

Literally all you have to think about to see the obvious upside here is Sammy Watkins injury history.

Posted Images

greetings, alll ... my name is P.o.M., and i'm a magick foosballaholic.

and also a 'Reek owner. 

this kid Hardman ... yeah, was playing chicken during my draft - i coveted the oft failed logic of "WR CUFF!!!1!" but kept snagging other pieces left and right. 

ooooops, now we in round 13 (outta 16), and i'm up in 4 picks - the kid is still there! 

then - POOOOOF! he gone! 

i regret it mostly 'cuz i was not only hedging any 'Reek shennanigans/injury, but also Watson's. 

i regret it 'cuz this kid was hand picked by KoolAid man to also be insurance against the peripherals i laid out above. 

oh, he will get run.  and burn. and jet sweeps. and bubble screens. and at least two deep shots vs the Raiders.  at least. 

he's a player, and i played fuggin' chicken. 

don't be like me.

snag him - scoop him - insert him into yer flex.  reap the 'Homie bounty. there will be points, Ray ... oh, there will be points. 

put anuddah pot on, why don'tcha

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

With Hill out 4-6 weeks, why not take a shot on this talented kid as a starting receiver in this explosive offense?

Edited by y2jbones
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

And? All these fantasy analysts are doing victory laps but blew a ton of calls like Cleveland offense and other crap they've hyped all year. Fantasy analysts know nothing. 

Yeah, unless you are watching every game and following every beat writer on Twitter and have a side job as a data analyst, the majority of all of your opinions are ultimately coming from a collection of analysts. 

I understand the Mecole and Tyreek comparisons, after all, he was drafted to fiill his role.  But if he played so many snaps week 1, how come he didn't even get a target? 

Doesn't Andy Reid trust his veterans more?  Would Demarcus Robinson be a viable play here as well?

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, CooL said:

I understand the Mecole and Tyreek comparisons, after all, he was drafted to fiill his role.  But if he played so many snaps week 1, how come he didn't even get a target? 

Doesn't Andy Reid trust his veterans more?  Would Demarcus Robinson be a viable play here as well?

I agree. Is there any evidence that Mecole would get more targets than Robinson? 

2 minutes ago, CooL said:

Week 1 does not make a season. Also the injury changed things up mid-game and Watkins was balling out. It still could and will likely mean good things for Watkins but lets see how a week of practice goes for Hardman now that he's knows his snap count will be going up. Let's see what the game plan is coming into this week.

He's obviously a hold and I'm not starting him (yet) but man let's see how this week shakes out.

3 minutes ago, CooL said:

I’m sure he wasn’t in the game plan. He was drafted to replace Hill due to his off field issues.

Ok so I struck out on Hollywood and McLauirn because I didn’t bid enough.  Ended up getting Hardman for free. I think there may be something here.  He has a path to relevancy.  Obviously with Tyreek Hill gone for a few weeks that helps but even with Sammy Watkin’s Injury history if he gets hurt again that would help too 

Just now, dlionsfan901 said:

Ok so I struck out on Hollywood and McLauirn because I didn’t bid enough.  Ended up getting Hardman for free. I think there may be something here.  He has a path to relevancy.  Obviously with Tyreek Hill gone for a few weeks that helps but even with Sammy Watkin’s Injury history if he gets hurt again that would help too 

Can't count on injuries though. I think at this point I think it's risky to even put him in as FLEX. He was on the field and only saw one target. Yes, I know game script was not in his favor but honestly when will it ever be? 

Just now, oresteszero said:

Can't count on injuries though. I think at this point I think it's risky to even put him in as FLEX. He was on the field and only saw one target. Yes, I know game script was not in his favor but honestly when will it ever be? 

I agree.  For me he’s just an end of the bench stash and wait and see what happens.  If he doesn’t pan out in a few weeks you can cut bait for the next waiver wire darling. 

2 hours ago, ThreadKiller said:

Just a couple weeks, huh? What are you wanting to claim so definitively while telling others they're wrong when you don't really know what you're talking about?

I was quoting rotoworld it was there for everyone to see

Edited by Golden Spikes

I picked this guy up in a couple leagues today, but let's keep in mind this is as speculative an add as it gets, particularly in redraft leagues.

Having him stored on the bench in the hopes that lighting strikes is the play here- starting him in a flex position for week 2 is irresponsible. There's no way there aren't superior options on y'alls benches for this dude.

2 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

greetings, alll ... my name is P.o.M., and i'm a magick foosballaholic.

and also a 'Reek owner. 

this kid Hardman ... yeah, was playing chicken during my draft - i coveted the oft failed logic of "WR CUFF!!!1!" but kept snagging other pieces left and right. 

ooooops, now we in round 13 (outta 16), and i'm up in 4 picks - the kid is still there! 

then - POOOOOF! he gone! 

i regret it mostly 'cuz i was not only hedging any 'Reek shennanigans/injury, but also Watson's. 

i regret it 'cuz this kid was hand picked by KoolAid man to also be insurance against the peripherals i laid out above. 

oh, he will get run.  and burn. and jet sweeps. and bubble screens. and at least two deep shots vs the Raiders.  at least. 

he's a player, and i played fuggin' chicken. 

don't be like me.

snag him - scoop him - insert him into yer flex.  reap the 'Homie bounty. there will be points, Ray ... oh, there will be points. 

put anuddah pot on, why don'tcha

MecoleHardmansCleats?

• Haha 6
9 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

MecoleHardmansCleats?

some men are born great, some men achieve greatness ... some men have greatness thrust upon them. 

thank you, good sir, for the latter 🤴

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Probably a question for a homer or return yardage league guru....I'm seeing on the week 1 stats that Armani Watts was in on a KR at some point.. Was that a situation where Tyreek went down and they pulled Hardman from special teams for more use at WR?  Or can we expect Hardman to retain return duties, even with the increased role in the offense? 

• Thanks 1