NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mecole Hardman 2019 Outlook

Show me the last time Sammy blew up 2 games in a row. And then go back to the josh Gordon thread and talk more about how he hasn’t done anything since 13’. Remember when tyreek was supposedly done and hardman skyrocketed up the draft board and now people are questioning if they should pick him up? 😂😂😂

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think I’m gonna start him just so I can look like a genius when he goes off. My league mates already think I’m dumb so if he flops no loss. 

Literally all you have to think about to see the obvious upside here is Sammy Watkins injury history.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, itschief33 said:

Show me the last time Sammy blew up 2 games in a row. And then go back to the josh Gordon thread and talk more about how he hasn’t done anything since 13’. Remember when tyreek was supposedly done and hardman skyrocketed up the draft board and now people are questioning if they should pick him up? 😂😂😂

Skyrocketed to what? A top 120 overall pick? Hardman can be added but, man, every sentence of this post is uniquely bad.

Just now, miasma16 said:

Skyrocketed to what? A top 120 overall pick? Hardman can be added but, man, every sentence of this post is uniquely bad.

Top 120 😂😂 okay M. So you’re not gonna show me the last time Sammy did anything notable aside from a random game? No to that too? “Every sentence”? My sentence count is 33% of the blow up games Sammy has had in his career 

Hardman is the equivalent of a 'chip and a chair'.

Let's not make him out to be anything else.

I dumped Hunter Henry tonight for him, but I'm not about to go into the echo chamber of how awesome he is.

He'll be on my bench for at least another week.  I wanna see what we've got to work with.

If he gets a ton of targets, then I'm game.  But I'm treating this like Damien Williams/Shady.  I'll wait and see.

On 9/11/2019 at 2:53 AM, Zangief80 said:

I bet you won a lot of championships by picking big-name washed up players.

I have no idea.  I just try to pick the best players.  I’m not trying to prove anything.  But yeah, good luck starting a guy with 1 career target.  

15 minutes ago, Rickydragon said:

I have no idea.  I just try to pick the best players.  I’m not trying to prove anything.  But yeah, good luck starting a guy with 1 career target.  

Sometimes you have to look beyond numbers. Numbers can help to evaluate, but looking strictly at them will let you miss out on promising prospects like Hardman. Not saying he is a surefire bet. But in the same breath, some of the week 1 target monsters will crash down to earth in week 2. It's an inexact science to rely solely on numbers, especially early in the season.

What do we know? The WR2 spot in the league's best offense is up for grabs for at least a month or two. Hardman basically took over that role full-time once Hill left the game. He wasn't targeted because Ramsey, arguably the league's best CB, was on him AND the Chiefs had a nice lead by then. Peppering a rookie WR in his first NFL game with targets against the best NFL CB while leading wouldn't have been smart. Could they have given him some more screens or a run/reverse? No doubt. But Andy Reid will make sure to get him involved from now on. He will be on the field all the time and he has the speed to take it the distance. Mahomes has a huge arm. Robinson may be a decent WR3/4 type, but he is nowhere near as talented as Hardman. I will take my chances in every league I have a spare bench spot, or in leagues where I lost Hill.

Edited by frog34
37 minutes ago, frog34 said:

Sometimes you have to look beyond numbers. Numbers can help to evaluate, but looking strictly at them will let you miss out on promising prospects like Hardman. Not saying he is a surefire bet. But in the same breath, some of the week 1 target monsters will crash down to earth in week 2. It's an inexact science to rely solely on numbers, especially early in the season.

What do we know? The WR2 spot in the league's best offense is up for grabs for at least a month or two. Hardman basically took over that role full-time once Hill left the game. He wasn't targeted because Ramsey, arguably the league's best CB, was on him AND the Chiefs had a nice lead by then. Peppering a rookie WR in his first NFL game with targets against the best NFL CB while leading wouldn't have been smart. Could they have given him some more screens or a run/reverse? No doubt. But Andy Reid will make sure to get him involved from now on. He will be on the field all the time and he has the speed to take it the distance. Mahomes has a huge arm. Robinson may be a decent WR3/4 type, but he is nowhere near as talented as Hardman. I will take my chances in every league I have a spare bench spot, or in leagues where I lost Hill.

This. No way the Chiefs burn a second round pick on this guy if they didn't believe in his talent. Remember, at the time Hill's future was unknown. They picked this cat with the mindset that this would be their guy to "replace" Hill.

Not saying Hardman is going to be a waiver gem. But was I gonna pass up on a potential WR2 on the best offense in the league? Nope. I grabbed him over all the rookie WR's who blew up. I'll take my chances with a rook on the Chiefs over the Skins, Ravens, or Titans. Not to mention with Sammy's injury history, you never know what opportunities this kid might get. For an end of bench stash, I don't think that's too bad.

• Like 4
7 hours ago, fruitjacket said:

I dumped Hunter Henry tonight for him, but I'm not about to go into the echo chamber of how awesome he is.

He'll be on my bench for at least another week.  I wanna see what we've got to work with.

If he gets a ton of targets, then I'm game.  But I'm treating this like Damien Williams/Shady.  I'll wait and see.

This is probably prudent, but the Raiders secondary is banged up and he's the type of player who might get you 16 to 24 points from one or two long TD bombs one week and 0 the next. I'm going to bet that his 16 to 24 is this week against a bad and injured Raiders secondary, and only 5% of his owners cash in. Then next week when he gets a zero against a good Ravens defense, he'll be in everyone's starting lineup. I should qualify that by saying you probably also have better alternative starting options than I do and can afford to be more prudent and risk averse. My team is racked with injuries (and its only week 2) so I have no one decent to flex and therefore feel I have to roll the dice right away. 

• Like 1

When I look at this situation, it has the makings of a huge upside. Nothing people don’t already know but a great offense, 1WR already hurt, another WR with a history of injuries, a player with a skill set designed for that offense who was free (until the first injury).

At the end of the year, there may be few games where starting Hardman made sense. But how many players competing for a roster spot on the typical FF team would have as good an opportunity as Hardman does right now?

19 hours ago, LuckyLukas said:

Dude, just watch Georgia or preseason..it was hard for him at college level and you want him to replace Tyreek in the NFL..vertical threat at best thanks to his linear speed and nothing more..terrible route runner..and he is small and weak, gives you nothing in blocking department...great athlete but not a football player

he is on wire in my league

Not a football player?

As you judge from your computer watch tower?...

Lol football is his livelihood AND he is world class athlete.

it's very telling that according to people here his best traits are speed and...the fact he was a reach in the second round. Like teams that reach are always right..and these dumb texts like "Chiefs have to believe in his talent"..no shiit..Hardman is a long-term project..his only trait on the field right now is his speed..even his catching is questionable. Not buying, but if he turns out to be productive in coming weeks, I salute you Guys. 

1 minute ago, LuckyLukas said:

it's very telling that according to people here his best traits are speed and...the fact he was a reach in the second round. Like teams that reach are always right..and these dumb texts like "Chiefs have to believe in his talent"..no shiit..Hardman is a long-term project..his only trait on the field right now is his speed..even his catching is questionable. Not buying, but if he turns out to be productive in coming weeks, I salute you Guys. 

Speed isn't his only trait. He isn't a pure straight line burner. He is an elite returner as well, so very dynamic and slippery in space, which bodes well for quick screens, rushes and reverses. Mix it up with the ability to take the top off the defense that has to account for Kelce/Watkins as well, and Hardman could enter flex-worthy territory from the get-go. I'm not saying it's 100% sure. But knowing how Andy Reid operates his offense and the huge arm of Mahomes, Hardman's upside is through the roof!

You can take Demaryius Thomas or Dede Westbrook instead bro, no worries...🥴

7 minutes ago, LuckyLukas said:

So the guy that sniped everybody on draft day to get Mahomes now knows nothing about drafting offensive talent? 

Put the OG Kush down lil feller, Andy Reid is the truth. 

Fire this up!!!!

• Haha 8
51 minutes ago, LuckyLukas said:

I understand the skepticism but where you getting 'even his catching is questionable' from? I watched a lot of his games at UGA and he always catches the ball with his hands, very few drops. Most reports from camp & pre-season make his hands out to be a strength.

Isn't he returning punts/kicks for KC? NFL teams don't put guys with questionable hands out there to field kicks & punts.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, wayzupusc said:

I understand the skepticism but where you getting 'even his catching is questionable' from? I watched a lot of his games at UGA and he always catches the ball with his hands, very few drops. Most reports from camp & pre-season make his hands out to be a strength.

Isn't he returning punts/kicks for KC? NFL teams don't put guys with questionable hands out there to field kicks & punts.

? Sure they do. Ted Ginn? Julian Edelman has notoriously bad drop rates. Tavon Austin? This isn't even close to being right.

21 hours ago, LuckyLukas said:

Dude, just watch Georgia or preseason..it was hard for him at college level and you want him to replace Tyreek in the NFL..vertical threat at best thanks to his linear speed and nothing more..terrible route runner..and he is small and weak, gives you nothing in blocking department...great athlete but not a football player

So let's see...

- Plays at one of the best football programs in America

- 2x All-Second Team in the best conference in America

- 2nd round NFL draft pick

- Not a football player

Got it, thanks!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
16 hours ago, liyy1 said:

I'm starting over Fuller, Samuel, and Godwin. The Chiefs aren't one to run out the clock with a big lead.  Andy Reid - don't disappointment me!

This is nuts.  Sure Winston looks abysmal, but I wouldn't drop Godwin that far yet.  Until we see otherwise Hardman is a huge gamble, and I couldn't imagine starting him over someone like Godwin.

And to the guy who said Hardman is on the waiver wire still, do you guys have shallow benches/less than ten teams?  Hardman was DRAFTED in one of my ten man leagues and in my 12 and 14 man league.  I don't understand how nobody in your league thinks he's worth taking a bench flier on unless their teams are that stacked (he's on the wire in an 8 man league I'm running for a friend, maybe you're in that league with him).

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, fruitjacket said:

Exactly and this is what I mentioned earlier. Still too early to roll him out. If he blows up on my bench and looks to get more involved then we can proceed to start him in future weeks. As much as I like this guys potential I cannot start him until he starts getting more targets and becomes a regular in this offense.