NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Damien Harris 2019 Outlook

5 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Seems to be a versatile player in that he can fill the Michel or White role reasonably well. Also seems very familiar with the system, reliable in pass pro. Damien's shot at fantasy relevance this year is taking Michel's spot, not Burkhead's. 

I'd agree with that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

He’s active...anyone picking him up before the game?

🤔

my platforms don't allow such shennanigans, but ... that is verrry tempting if it were feasible on my end - 

those of you who can wrangle monkey shines such as scooping a Monday night player would be shrewd in dumping yer 5th string TE to take a gamble on this nutbar kid from the Hoodies. 

im'ma be watching. 

::popcorn::

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, dannyz6969 said:

is there an ounce or a shred of new england chatter or radio about the possibility of benching sony for harris? or what? tired of holding onto damien

No, not even and scintilla of evidence to indicate that.

It's likely Harris will spend his entire rookie season making little to no impact.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/8/2019 at 5:38 PM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

No, not even and scintilla of evidence to indicate that.

It's likely Harris will spend his entire rookie season making little to no impact.

Looks accurate, but what I wanna know is what's his value moving forward (NFL playoffs and next season)? 

41 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Looks accurate, but what I wanna know is what's his value moving forward (NFL playoffs and next season)? 

IDK, Harris is like a mark Ingram clone in his running style but he had stretches in college where he struggled to take over a lead back role, he would go long stretches injured or in the doghouse, which was odd because he is very well spoken in interviews. Regardless it looks like he has suffered the same fate his 1st year in the NFL as he did in college, either hurt or in the doghouse. It's always been odd to me because when he is healthy and playing good his game resembles Ingram. It would be a very Belichick thing to do to whip Harris out during the playoffs but I wouldn't count on it. Maybe if burkhead or Michel got hurt then yeah but I think Harris will have to wait till 2020 and then I think burkheads contract is done and they slide Harris in that role? So hard to tell with the Patriots.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The G Man said:

Dynasty hold maybe but I wouldn't expect him to do anything this year barring a Michel injury. Even then it's likely Burkhead receives the lion's share of the work.

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

IDK, Harris is like a mark Ingram clone in his running style but he had stretches in college where he struggled to take over a lead back role, he would go long stretches injured or in the doghouse, which was odd because he is very well spoken in interviews. Regardless it looks like he has suffered the same fate his 1st year in the NFL as he did in college, either hurt or in the doghouse. It's always been odd to me because when he is healthy and playing good his game resembles Ingram. It would be a very Belichick thing to do to whip Harris out during the playoffs but I wouldn't count on it. Maybe if burkhead or Michel got hurt then yeah but I think Harris will have to wait till 2020 and then I think burkheads contract is done and they slide Harris in that role? So hard to tell with the Patriots.

Thanks DHC. That's kinda what I was fishing for. 

Good to know.