NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Montgomery 2019 Outlook

10 minutes ago, StevieStats said:

That 75 yard run would best his rushing totals from each of his first 2 seasons and account for 9% of his career rushing total, inching him closer to 1,000 career yards in his 5th season. 😂😂😂😂😂

🤷🏻‍♂️ he's gonna break out like Damian Williams did last year.

(I'm just joshing here bro)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I own this dude in 6 leagues     

Save your #1.  Wait until this guy drops Kamara or  Beckham.

Nagy thinking to himself.  Hmmm, 32 personnel packages = 3 points.  If I can somehow use 288 packages this week, we should be able to score 27.  

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

A lot of people are hyped about Montgomery but this is Nagy we're talking about so watch Mike Davis be the one to go off and Montgomery get no more than 5-7 carries.....

Serious question...

Is there any real reason for the pessimism about Nagy’s RBs other than Howard last year? Any other history?

3 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

A lot of people are hyped about Montgomery but this is Nagy we're talking about so watch Mike Davis be the one to go off and Montgomery get no more than 5-7 carries.....

Definitely afraid Montgomery disappoints😭.

• Thanks 1
Just now, gufomel said:

Serious question...

Is there any real reason for the pessimism about Nagy’s RBs other than Howard last year? Any other history?

Mike “freakin” Davis!!

4 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

I wouldn’t worry. He will do just fine. With that D and how many games they go ball control. 

I have no doubt that he'll eventually settle in and be just fine but the question is:  what will he do in game 1 and how will he be used?  will it be a 3-headed committee with Davis, Cohen and Montgomery or will they allow Montgomery to be the main guy?  We're about to find out....

Edited by sjm76
4 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

I have no doubt that he'll eventually settle in and be just fine but the question is:  what will he do in game 1 and how will he be used?  will it be a 3-headed committee with Davis, Cohen and Montgomery or will they allow Montgomery to be the main guy?  We're about to find out....

Frankly if DMont hasn’t already earned lead duties over Davis, I’m not very optimistic about that changing over the course of the season.

But it’s almost showtime.

12 minutes ago, gufomel said:

Serious question...

Outside of his only year as a head coach, you're right, there's no other history of his RB usage.

And before anyone says it, Andy Reid was heavily involved, if not fully running, the Chiefs offense while Nagy was the "coordinator".

Poor game script. Montgomery looked good out there with his seven touches.

Trubisky had Monty open in front of him on nearly every play, but he wanted to go downfield instead of dinking it to the rook.

It's week one. Anyone wants to blow this out of proportion and panic, go right ahead.

• Like 4

Nagy is to blame 100% here. Imagine being a head coach in the NFL and on third down and one yard to go, you have Montgomery, but yet you decide Cordarelle Patterson, a WR bust, gets the ball. Negative yards naturally. Makes no sense, Montgomery looked very good when he got the ball, came up with a solid catch, and yet gets benched in second half. Luckily Nagy looked like such a loser that he surely has to change it up for week 2. Hopefully he will learn that he needs to play his best players to win games in NFL. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

I think last night was an aberration for a number of reasons.  Run / Pass ratio will not happen again this season, for example.  I dunno what Nagy was thinking.  Also, his stupid trick plays will likely be shelved for a bit, as I'm sure the media is going to kill him for the next 10 days.  Cordarelle Patterson?  WTF?

• Like 3