David Montgomery 2019 Outlook

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I own this dude in 6 leagues     

Save your #1.  Wait until this guy drops Kamara or  Beckham.

Nagy thinking to himself.  Hmmm, 32 personnel packages = 3 points.  If I can somehow use 288 packages this week, we should be able to score 27.  

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Magoo said:

"Nagy used 32 different personnel packages against the Packers. Their most common personnel groupings were “11” (one running back, one tight end, three wide receiver) and “20” (two running backs, no tight ends, three receivers), at 24 snaps apiece. Their most productive personnel grouping was “21” personnel (two running backs, one tight end, two receivers), which gained 104 yards and four first downs on 17 plays (6.11 yards per play average)"

"The most productive personnel package was David Montgomery, Tarik Cohen, Adam Shaheen, Allen Robinson and Taylor Gabriel. In seven snaps, that group generated 45 yards and two first downs."

"The most common personnel package was Cohen, Mike Davis, Robinson, Gabriel and Cordarelle Patterson. But on eight snaps, this group gained only 11 yards, one first down and was sacked twice on eight snaps."

- Dan Durkin, The Athletic

I mean Nagy has to realize this when they look at the tape right?  I'm trying not to overreact because it's week one, but Nagy does seem like an idiot running the ball only 12 times when only down a score.  Last year, I thought Howard just didn't fit what Nagy was trying to do, but now it just looks like he doesn't know what he's trying to do.

I'm wondering if it's too early to move on from this.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, ThePerfectBeard said:

I mean Nagy has to realize this when they look at the tape right?  I'm trying not to overreact because it's week one, but Nagy does seem like an idiot running the ball only 12 times when only down a score.  Last year, I thought Howard just didn't fit what Nagy was trying to do, but now it just looks like he doesn't know what he's trying to do.

I'm wondering if it's too early to move on from this.

The irony is that his RPO, having Mike Davis play more because "any play can be called" with him on field, etc. are all designed to ensure maximum unpredictability yet you have the Packers playing/saying like they knew what was coming.  The flaw isn't the play calls -- its his entire offensive system.

Mitch sees/throws better on the move a la Jeff Garcia for whatever reasons so having him in the pocket is stupid.

Square peg round hole with just about everything lol

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Magoo said:

The irony is that his RPO, having Mike Davis play more because "any play can be called" with him on field, etc. are all designed to ensure maximum unpredictability yet you have the Packers playing/saying like they knew what was coming.  The flaw isn't the play calls -- its his entire offensive system.

Mitch sees/throws better on the move a la Jeff Garcia for whatever reasons so having him in the pocket is stupid.

Square peg round hole with just about everything lol

Could you imagine Bill Belichick lining up, playing this College Football garbage? 

One can only hope that the 3 points scored wakes up this team. 

3 hours ago, Magoo said:

"Nagy used 32 different personnel packages against the Packers. Their most common personnel groupings were “11” (one running back, one tight end, three wide receiver) and “20” (two running backs, no tight ends, three receivers), at 24 snaps apiece. Their most productive personnel grouping was “21” personnel (two running backs, one tight end, two receivers), which gained 104 yards and four first downs on 17 plays (6.11 yards per play average)"

"The most productive personnel package was David Montgomery, Tarik Cohen, Adam Shaheen, Allen Robinson and Taylor Gabriel. In seven snaps, that group generated 45 yards and two first downs."

"The most common personnel package was Cohen, Mike Davis, Robinson, Gabriel and Cordarelle Patterson. But on eight snaps, this group gained only 11 yards, one first down and was sacked twice on eight snaps."

- Dan Durkin, The Athletic

f--- all this. Let's make it simple:

RUN THE DAMN BALL lol

Edit: with Montgomery 

Edited by Guwop
3 hours ago, Scooby said:

I agree, The Green Bay defense was playing well I think over there heads last week. I don't see most defenses stopping him like that week to week. 

Green Bay wasn't the one to stop him. Nagy was. Green bay had little to do with only 12 running plays when they never had more than 7 points of a lead. 

He has talent but that means nothing when you dont get the ball. Nagy is the roadblock. Same as last year

2 minutes ago, Guwop said:

Green Bay wasn't the one to stop him. Nagy was. Green bay had little to do with only 12 running plays when they never had more than 7 points of a lead. 

He has talent but that means nothing when you dont get the ball. Nagy is the roadblock. Same as last year

If David Montgomery gets 250 carries, he'll be an RB1. This isn't the same as last year. It's way worse. For now. 

• Thanks 1

Apologies if this has already been posted....it almost seems like a joke article but...

"And while Montgomery may have been pegged as the most appealing fantasy option on the Bears offense in 2019, he might not produce like one early on. At least, not according to Matt Nagy.

“The hard part is . . . a rookie coming in and learning, there’s a lot of intricacies to our offense, with rules and assignments. Not just with running the ball, but in pass protection and running routes," Nagy said after Week 1's loss. "So we’re kind of easing him into it. I know everyone wants instant gratification and wants the great fantasy stats right away in Week 1. We want production. I love the kid. I think the kid’s going to have a great future. But there’s going to be a little bit of wait here, a balance as we figure out what’s best and how to use him, along with Mike and Tarik.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears/nagy-issues-warning-fantasy-owners-dont-expect-big-numbers-montgomery-just-yet

• Thanks 3
3 minutes ago, TedStriker said:

Apologies if this has already been posted....it almost seems like a joke article but...

"And while Montgomery may have been pegged as the most appealing fantasy option on the Bears offense in 2019, he might not produce like one early on. At least, not according to Matt Nagy.

“The hard part is . . . a rookie coming in and learning, there’s a lot of intricacies to our offense, with rules and assignments. Not just with running the ball, but in pass protection and running routes," Nagy said after Week 1's loss. "So we’re kind of easing him into it. I know everyone wants instant gratification and wants the great fantasy stats right away in Week 1. We want production. I love the kid. I think the kid’s going to have a great future. But there’s going to be a little bit of wait here, a balance as we figure out what’s best and how to use him, along with Mike and Tarik.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears/nagy-issues-warning-fantasy-owners-dont-expect-big-numbers-montgomery-just-yet

Well...hopefully 3 points scored accelerates the process.  

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

If David Montgomery gets 250 carries, he'll be an RB1. This isn't the same as last year. It's way worse. For now. 

Same as last year = nagy play calling destroying the value of the lead rb.

Howard may not be very talented but nagy played a large role in his poor fantasy performance with the type of plays he called. His playcalling is doing the same now which was the main concern before the season started

9 minutes ago, TedStriker said:

Nagy is the joke

His offense looked horrendous he's touted as a great offensive mind/Innovator whatever..Why do I feel like Reid, McVay , Pederson, Payton etc would have Montgomery and Cohen schemed open left and right in the passing game and more running room... I didn't see one screen pass etc or am I mistaken? 

I'm not going to pretend that I'm an expert but I feel like play calling is also timing but he calls some of the most ridiculous plays out of left field at the worst possible times.. When all thats needed is something simple. With that defense I can't comprehend how they're not running the ball like crazy and then........ doing play action and rolling out Trubisky etc

Edited by NyZD
  • Like 2
14 minutes ago, TedStriker said:

there’s going to be a little bit of wait here, a balance as we figure out what’s best and how to use him, along with Mike and Tarik.”

That's what the offseason was for Nagy, you jackoff.

Also here is a clue, whichever one you want to use....try using them MORE.  This isn't the arena league.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

That's what the offseason was for Nagy, you jackoff.

Also here is a clue, whichever one you want to use....try using them MORE.  This isn't the arena league.

What a absolute moron Nagy is.  The blueprint was basically laid out for you with Hunts use in KC.  Give the rookie 15 to 18 touches.  If you don't trust him in the 2 min offense pull him out for the vet.  I should of known to stay away after dealing with Howard.  But got sucked and paying the price again.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, youngrice said:

What a absolute moron Nagy is.  The blueprint was basically laid out for you with Hunts use in KC.  Give the rookie 15 to 18 touches.  If you don't trust him in the 2 min offense pull him out for the vet.  I should of known to stay away after dealing with Howard.  But got sucked and paying the price again.

I can live with him playing a vet over the rook for pass protection reasons, it happens.  Blowing smoke up everyone's butt about Montgomery in the preseason is kind of annoying but that's why we call it 'offseason coachspeak'.  What's annoying is how poorly the game was called.  As a football fan to watch a great defense wasted due to poor play-calling on offense was just disgusting to watch.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Iron-cock said:

I can live with him playing a vet over the rook for pass protection reasons, it happens.  Blowing smoke up everyone's butt about Montgomery in the preseason is kind of annoying but that's why we call it 'offseason coachspeak'.  What's annoying is how poorly the game was called.  As a football fan to watch a great defense wasted due to poor play-calling on offense was just disgusting to watch.

Something like 33 pass plays in a row at one point. 

Everyone i hear on sports radio call ins blame Nagy for the loss so it’s not like no one notices around here. 

O/U 15 carries for D.Mont next week at Denver?

2 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

Hmmm....my defense is great...my quaterback sucks...so I should run the ball...but the other coach probably knows this...so I'll fool him and throw!!!! 

1 minute ago, Iron-cock said:

Yep 11 rushes in a game your down at most 4 points for almost the whole game in beyond ridiculous with Trub as your QB.  Hell it would be ridiculous with Mahomes as your QB

24 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Something like 33 pass plays in a row at one point. 

Everyone i hear on sports radio call ins blame Nagy for the loss so it’s not like no one notices around here. 

O/U 15 carries for D.Mont next week at Denver?

Probably slightly under. Maybe something like 10-40 but the catches are a total wildcard.

• Thanks 1