David Montgomery 2019 Outlook

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I own this dude in 6 leagues     

Save your #1.  Wait until this guy drops Kamara or  Beckham.

Nagy thinking to himself.  Hmmm, 32 personnel packages = 3 points.  If I can somehow use 288 packages this week, we should be able to score 27.  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Oh I agree.  Those are the hardest players to own and if that's your concern, I'm not going to argue.  All I'm trying to say is that Monty's outlook took a big step forward from where it was week 1, where he looked like he could be even droppable.  If we saw an even split of touches between Davis and Monty yesterday, he is bench fodder at best.

Monty was never droppable, and he got 18 carries last week including a touchdown. Played so far against Denver and Green Bay, been more involved than any rookie RB except Josh Jacobs. Bench fodder at best?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
15 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

Monty was never droppable, and he got 18 carries last week including a touchdown. Played so far against Denver and Green Bay, been more involved than any rookie RB except Josh Jacobs. Bench fodder at best?

Yes - if his week 2 usage was the same as his week 1 usage (6 carries, 1 reception), then he would be bench fodder at best.  Not sure why anyone would disagree with that, unless you think a player who gets 7 touches is a starter.

9 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Yes - if his week 2 usage was the same as his week 1 usage (6 carries, 1 reception), then he would be bench fodder at best.  Not sure why anyone would disagree with that, unless you think a player who gets 7 touches is a starter.

Monty was always going to be starter

Edited by pushaZ
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, pushaZ said:

Monty was always going to be starter

Fair enough, but my point is that Monty owners should very happy to see it yesterday and not be too hung up about his bad YPC (which was lowered because of all the goal line carries). 

In my mind it was likely Monty would take over, but you never know.  Look at all the Kerryon owners who were expecting bellcow and got committee.  

• Like 1
On 9/15/2019 at 9:32 PM, TheJRod2006 said:

That said, I still think he's clearly Chicago's best back. I just worry about Nagy coming up with goofy gameplans like Week 1 vs. Green Bay. Hopefully, we see a breakout performance against a Redskins D next week that gave up 111 to Zeke and over 200 on the ground in total.

Is it possible Nagy sees the light? Only hope is WAS offense is anemic and I don't see them scoring much so should keep the bears from getting blown out and forced to abandon the run(like they did in week 1, cough cough vomit puke)

Yeah hoping Montgomery explodes week 3 and takes the blinders off Nagy.

On 9/17/2019 at 2:43 PM, pdog109 said:

Is it possible Nagy sees the light? Only hope is WAS offense is anemic and I don't see them scoring much so should keep the bears from getting blown out and forced to abandon the run(like they did in week 1, cough cough vomit puke)

Yeah hoping Montgomery explodes week 3 and takes the blinders off Nagy.

Washington has a better QB than Chicago...

Starting this guy over Kerryon Johnson in my flex. Washington's defense is very below average and they can't stop the run effectively. Due to Chicago's QB troubles I can see them relying on the run game to set the tone and get themselves down the field. START THIS STUD!

• Haha 1

Started him over Jacobs this week.

It's not going to make a difference between the W and L at this point, but did have some momentary panic that I didn't go with Gore.

We'll see what happens, but I really, really, really don't trust Nagy to not be a moron.

Good luck to all who need Monty to produce 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Starting monty needing a reasonable performance to win. The real question on his value to me is whether they involve him more in the passing game.

2-3 screen passes or dump offs per game could put him on the RB1/2 borderline. Without those he’ll be much more boom bust and TD reliant RB2 I feel. Tonight will be telling. 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Tierjerk said:

It's nice to know I've got Monty going without any stress. I really hope we see a breakout star tonight and he makes a statement on MNF compared to the awful week 1 TNF performance. 

Me too! I played against Ingram, Evans and Olsen 😭

12 minutes ago, Washington2014 said:

Starting monty needing a reasonable performance to win. The real question on his value to me is whether they involve him more in the passing game.

2-3 screen passes or dump offs per game could put him on the RB1/2 borderline. Without those he’ll be much more boom bust and TD reliant RB2 I feel. Tonight will be telling. 

Tariq Cohen will be the only back catching passes for the bears this year. Maybe montgomery will become that next year.... 

1 minute ago, Kaii23 said:

Tariq Cohen will be the only back catching passes for the bears this year. Maybe montgomery will become that next year.... 

Man I hope you are wrong.  The delayed screen pass to Monty has a ton of potential if they can figure out how to use it.

6 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Vegas chimes in:

To Score TD  +135

Rushing Yds:

o60.5  -115

u60.5  +110

Receptions:

o2.5  -115

u2.5  -115

Receiving Yds:

o14.5  -115

u14.5  -115

Ugh hoping for the best🙏

Bears RT our tonight.  Not sure if they have good O-line depth or not.  Not that it changes me playing Monty.  Just a side note I guess.  Maybe this means even less work for Davis since he already can’t make anything out of anything.  That’s my positive take on it.