David Montgomery 2019 Outlook

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I own this dude in 6 leagues     

Save your #1.  Wait until this guy drops Kamara or  Beckham.

Nagy thinking to himself.  Hmmm, 32 personnel packages = 3 points.  If I can somehow use 288 packages this week, we should be able to score 27.  

Posted Images

On 10/26/2019 at 1:58 AM, Smoketheclay said:

Hard to rely on this guy after his 2 carry game.  He was getting 15-20 touches before this last one and that should be his best game as of yet with that volume vs the Chargers.

but...2 carries last game just makes me say hell no to starting him.

Yup.  Benched him vs the Chargers which was his best game so far.  Glad I didn’t need him 

12 hours ago, n4sa said:

I'm willing to bet Nagy will force the ball with Turdbisket next week, completely ignoring Monty.

It's a real possibility. 

The Bears ran the ball 37 times yesterday. That won't happen again, ever. 

The Chargers run defense is already bad, and they were extremely banged up. Bears won't face any matchup that favorable again. 

The Bears literally used 6 offensive lineman on a lot of plays yesterday, that probably won't ever happen again. 

We can hope that they don't completely abandon Monty, but yesterday was the best situation he'll have all season. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Interesting tweet. You have to read through his comments to get all the details. In summary, Nagy doesn’t like I-Form, but that’s where they saw success. Outside of the 55 yard run from shotgun, singleback and shotgun formation was a failure. 

• Thanks 1
22 hours ago, Butters said:

Such a great schedule going forward. Come on Nagy. He showed what he can do. Ride him.

His success is tied to Nagy. If Nagy wants to win, he will run and pass the ball. Trubisky throwing 30+ times doesn’t work. When you get inside the red zone, no reason to try and be the “smartest guy in the room,” do your defense a favor and run the damn ball. After Philly, no reason Montgomery shouldn’t be an RB2 with the Bears nice schedule.

I refuse to believe any of this hoopla until I see it week 10. Philly is a big time let down spot and I don’t think I can trust him. I’m looking at other players. The usage and offensive look will be telling though. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, aapox said:

I refuse to believe any of this hoopla until I see it week 10. Philly is a big time let down spot and I don’t think I can trust him. I’m looking at other players. The usage and offensive look will be telling though. 

The good news is the Bear offense should never put you in a "big time let down spot". Just plan on them sucking at every position, every game and you'll only be surprised with any tiny little bit of sunshine they provide you each week. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, aapox said:

Philly front line should dominate the Bears run game. I agree. Onto Week 10.

• Like 1

ya think Jordan Howard is looking forward to seeing NeggHead?

maybe his ego gets the better of him as a result of JoHo ripping his D apart, and he crams DMonty into 30 touches just to prove a point ... ya know NeggHead's psycho enuff to do it 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3
21 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

maybe his ego gets the better of him as a result of JoHo ripping his D apart, and he crams DMonty into 30 touches just to prove a point ... ya know NeggHead's psycho enuff to do it 🤷‍♂️

Not many things I’d like to see more than Howard going 30/200/3 this week. Heck maybe add on about 5 catches for 60 and another TD just for kicks and giggles. 

• Like 1

One good game and now no one is in here bashing Nagy every day?

How are we feeling about things this week? I feel like I can't trust him, especially in a bad matchup where I think they'll be losing, but the volume should be there. I am currently valuing Ekeler and Williams higher. Nigel Bradham is out but with Cox and Jernigan there on the line I don't see Monty having more than 30-50 rushing yards unless he gets really lucky.

Nagy may not give Montgomery another 27 carries and 3 catches this week against Philly, but I bet it will be closer to 27 than it will be to 2 (previous week touch count v. Saints).

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Nagy may not give Montgomery another 27 carries and 3 catches this week against Philly, but I bet it will be closer to 27 than it will be to 2 (previous week touch count v. Saints).

Classic Nagy trap here.

This game is gonna be infuriating. 

Nagy is going to think this is the week, against this Eagles secondary, to get Trubisky right.

40+ pass attempts incoming.

Hopefully, Monty gets over 15 carries... but I worry it'll be more like 10

2 hours ago, miasma16 said:

Nagy is as stupid as he was a week ago, and Montgomery is as valuable as he was a week ago.

He wasn’t stupid last year when he took a 5-11 football team and turned them into 12-4.  He just magically became stupid overnight huh?  

On 10/29/2019 at 10:34 AM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Problem is he's also psycho enough to run literally 0 times to prove to Howard "see we don't need you, in fact we don't need running backs at all."

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

He wasn’t stupid last year when he took a 5-11 football team and turned them into 12-4.  He just magically became stupid overnight huh?  

The Bears went 12-4 because they allowed the least points in the NFL last year. But his offense sucks. He has one of the best defenses in the NFL but he refuses to implement (or is incapable of designing?) a consistent running game. 

Nagy was stupid last year. It was discussed frequently that he was being saved by the defense. And he’s stupid this year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
17 minutes ago, gufomel said:

The Bears went 12-4 because they allowed the least points in the NFL last year. But his offense sucks. He has one of the best defenses in the NFL but he refuses to implement (or is incapable of designing?) a consistent running game. 

Nagy was stupid last year. It was discussed frequently that he was being saved by the defense. And he’s stupid this year. 

... and with that defense a bit less ferocious this year? yep, palookaville for da Bears. 

he's ridiculous.