NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Montgomery 2019 Outlook

The defense would play better if they weren't on the field so much.

Surely Nagy noticed that Montgomery delivered the goods last week when he was given some good volume of carries and catches?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I own this dude in 6 leagues     

Save your #1.  Wait until this guy drops Kamara or  Beckham.

Nagy thinking to himself.  Hmmm, 32 personnel packages = 3 points.  If I can somehow use 288 packages this week, we should be able to score 27.  

Posted Images

1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

The defense would play better if they weren't on the field so much.

Surely Nagy noticed that Montgomery delivered the goods last week when he was given some good volume of carries and catches?

the travelling Bolts are a hell of a lot less imposing than the at home Iggles ... you beat the Philly tackle foisball squad thru the air, one of the worst secondaries on the planet - expect some heavy duty $$$$$ Money f'n Mitch $$$$$ chuckin' and duckin' - Iggles D might be the best play of the week - calling for 6 sacks, three picks (one to the house) ... gonna be U.G.L.Y.

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

the travelling Bolts are a hell of a lot less imposing than the at home Iggles ... you beat the Philly tackle foisball squad thru the air, one of the worst secondaries on the planet - expect some heavy duty $$$$$ Money f'n Mitch $$$$$ chuckin' and duckin' - Iggles D might be the best play of the week - calling for 6 sacks, three picks (one to the house) ... gonna be U.G.L.Y.

I am very concerned about this matchup.  Maybe Nagy goes super conservative to try to keep it close.

Just traded for the guy. Love his remaining schedule sans the Eagles matchup. Have to start him anyway though. 

If Nagy had a brain at all, he’d see that a balance offensive attack will pay dividends. Hoping for 13-15 carries, a couple grabs and a chance at a touchdown this week.

6 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I am very concerned about this matchup.  Maybe Nagy goes super conservative to try to keep it close.

logic fail here (as per NeggHead) ... he's salivating for this matchup from a passing perspective, but it will blow up in his moosh - Iggles gonna feast (though i do think ARob goes for at least 150/1).

I didn’t watch the game last week. Just watched the 12 minute highlights on YouTube.

They were on the goal line 3 times in the first half, ran shotgun every time (mostly passes, but also got stuffed when they tried to run), and came away with 3 field goals.

DMont’s TD came early in the 2nd half when they were at the goal line (5 yard line to be exact) and ran I-form.

Nagy, keep it simple stupid. 

Edited by gufomel
15 minutes ago, gufomel said:

I didn’t watch the game last week. Just watched the 12 minute highlights on YouTube.

They were on the goal line 3 times in the first half, ran shotgun every time (mostly passes, but also got stuffed when they tried to run), and came away with 3 field goals.

DMont’s TD came early in the 2nd half when they were at the goal line (5 yard line to be exact) and ran I-form.

Nagy, keep it simple stupid. 

Don’t know why that linked to Dolphins-Steelers. Here’s the right one

Eagles have had a few injuries to their d-line. They’ve been 20th in rush yards allowed this past month, so their run D isn’t as scary as before. They also get 3 of their starting corners back. So still a tough match up, but circumstances showing maybe that running will actually be the key to victory. 

Edited by mvttchew
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
10 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

He wasn’t stupid last year when he took a 5-11 football team and turned them into 12-4.  He just magically became stupid overnight huh?  

Yes, he was stupid last year.

The Bears D was overpowering and their schedule was soft.

Maybe he is a good motivator and other aspects of coaching, but as far as play calling and offensive strategy he's an idiot

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
50 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

That sequence at the end that lead to the missed FG...

Nagy needs to pound the rock to keep his D fresh.  Montgomery played awesome v. LAC.

I suspect the O-line also played better as well. Word before last game was that the O-line has been upset about the play calling, but Nagy also challenged them that they’ve also got to play better (I don’t have the link at hand but I recall it somewhere earlier in this thread). Fair complaints by both sides.

Perhaps things start coming together here in the 2nd half of the season.

With that said, 3 series stopped inside the 10 yard line because Nagy refused to pivot away from Shotgun...that type of stupid may not be fixable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, RingMyBell said:

Lol that play calling is atrocious

The Bears had 338 total yards to the Chargers’ 231, and 38 minutes TOP to the Chargers’ 22 minutes. The Bears did have 1 more turnover than the Chargers.

But with that domination they still lost because they couldn’t punch it in on 1st and goal from the 5 yard line 3 different times due to going shotgun. The game should have been out of hand before the missed field goal at the end (ironically that too was Nagy’s play calling failure due to not lining up his kicker where he likes it even though they had 40 seconds to get the ball lined up wherever they wanted). 

Edited by gufomel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Yes, he was stupid last year.

The Bears D was overpowering and their schedule was soft.

Maybe he is a good motivator and other aspects of coaching, but as far as play calling and offensive strategy he's an idiot

"Idiot" might be an understatement, just hoping he can figure it out.

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, aapox said:

Wow. After watching that I think I’m keeping Monty on the bench. I watched his highlights and he looked good but come on, Matt. First and goal on the 1 and 3 straight shotguns? Wtf 

They line up in the I formation and have success. Guess what they arent going to do against the eagles.

• Like 1

Nagy is such a moron.  He actually used Cohen for a goal line rush and he got stuffed.

Monty then ran it in

do I think Nagy learned his lesson?  Probably not

Also the only reason this was close was because they ran the ball in the second half.  I think Monty had 2 or 3 first half rushes 

Edited by Smoketheclay
  • Thanks 3
1 hour ago, umphrey said:

I guess today was encouraging?  YPC was real bad though.

17 for 76 (touches)

I like it!

Good number symbolism. 

On the real though, Nagy finally adjusted.  Hopefully next game he figures it out after just a quarter instead of a whole half, and maybe before sending the tiniest guy on the team up the middle from the goal line...

The f***er just seems so reluctant to put aside his "creativity" for simple stuff that works

• Thanks 1

You couldn’t be happier if you started him. You couldn’t be happier if you sat him unless you lost because of it (almost me...lol). The TDs were both gummies but that production and yardage against a tough team on the road bodes well for the cupcake schedule coming up. It seems like they will ride him down the stretch with how incompetent Mitch looks. 

• Thanks 1