David Montgomery 2019 Outlook

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I own this dude in 6 leagues     

Save your #1.  Wait until this guy drops Kamara or  Beckham.

Nagy thinking to himself.  Hmmm, 32 personnel packages = 3 points.  If I can somehow use 288 packages this week, we should be able to score 27.  

Posted Images

16 hours ago, Smoketheclay said:

Nagy is such a moron.  He actually used Cohen for a goal line rush and he got stuffed.

Monty then ran it in

do I think Nagy learned his lesson?  Probably not

Also the only reason this was close was because they ran the ball in the second half.  I think Monty had 2 or 3 first half rushes 

Lol of course he would

14 minutes ago, gufomel said:

Lol...

This is in a league where the Dolphins, Bengals, and Jets exist. The Bears O-line is bad, but Monty, Cohen, ARob, Miller, and Gabriel are all being wasted in a historically incompetent offense. I don't even know how they turn it around at this point. Chase Daniel would probably help, which maybe the saddest thing I've ever typed. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

This is in a league where the Dolphins, Bengals, and Jets exist. The Bears O-line is bad, but Monty, Cohen, ARob, Miller, and Gabriel are all being wasted in a historically incompetent offense. I don't even know how they turn it around at this point. Chase Daniel would probably help, which maybe the saddest thing I've ever typed. 

It's really simple...do what the Raiders are doing. Start pounding the ball and run simpler offense to get your QB and o-lines' confidence up. When you have this ridiculous gimmick plays that take perfect blocking and longer amounts of time to be successful it puts too much pressure on your team. That's why Mitch's confidence is shot.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, aapox said:

It's really simple...do what the Raiders are doing. Start pounding the ball and run simpler offense to get your QB and o-lines' confidence up. When you have this ridiculous gimmick plays that take perfect blocking and longer amounts of time to be successful it puts too much pressure on your team. That's why Mitch's confidence is shot.

This is a real problem. He looks like the personification of a panic attack in real time on every snap. It's like he has no idea what's going on, or what he's supposed to do. I've seen a lot of bad QBs over the years, but I've never seen anyone as mentally broken as Mitch is right now. 

• Like 3

9 targets in the last two games is my favorite Monty development. He's a really good route runner, and despite one really bad drop, he has great hands. If we can get 12-15 carries and 3-5 targets per game, along with goal line work, he's a solid RB2 ROS. Considering he was utterly worthless earlier this season, this is great progress. 

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

9 targets in the last two games is my favorite Monty development. He's a really good route runner, and despite one really bad drop, he has great hands. If we can get 12-15 carries and 3-5 targets per game, along with goal line work, he's a solid RB2 ROS. Considering he was utterly worthless earlier this season, this is great progress. 

ROS schedule is good.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, gufomel said:

I’m just scared to death of Nagy. I so badly want to start Singletary instead, but almost everyone seems to have Monty as a ~#15 RB this week. If I start him and Nagy pivots away from him again, I’m rage dropping. 

The offense has looked and moved better when they feed him.  Makes things easier for his bad qb as well.  I think his 7 touch games are behind him.

• Like 2

Are the Lions really THAT bad against the run? I know that fantasy points against says that they are, but in their last 4 games they’ve faced:

Aaron Jones/Williams

Cook

Saquon

Jacobs

Football outsiders has them ranked as the #18 run defense, so middle of the road. I can’t fully vouch for the accuracy of their rating system, but it supposedly takes into account strength of opponent.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef/2019

I’m not saying Monty shouldn’t be expected to put up a nice day, I’m just trying to vet this. I drafted Monty based on RW and analyst hype in the first place, so I’m skeptical. 

Edited by gufomel