NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Montgomery 2019 Outlook

Just now, gufomel said:

Are the Lions really THAT bad against the run? I know that fantasy points against says that they are, but in their last 4 games they’ve faced:

Aaron Jones/Williams

Cook

Saquon

Jacobs

Football outsiders has them ranked as the #18 run defense, so middle of the road. I can’t fully vouch for the accuracy of their rating system, but it supposedly takes into account strength of opponent.

I’m not saying Monty shouldn’t be expected to put up a nice day, I’m just trying to vet this. I drafted Monty based on RW and analyst hype in the first place, so I’m skeptical. 

they allow the most ppr ppg to opposing running attacks, that has nothing to do with real foosball stats, as you cited ... i'm talking strictly magick foosball points yielded, and they are the worst in that metric. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I own this dude in 6 leagues     

Save your #1.  Wait until this guy drops Kamara or  Beckham.

Nagy thinking to himself.  Hmmm, 32 personnel packages = 3 points.  If I can somehow use 288 packages this week, we should be able to score 27.  

Posted Images

There’s no guarantees in football or fantasy, but it’s about as good of an outlook as can be that they’re gonna try to rely on this guy down the stretch. Mitch has shown he still has the talent but his mind and confidence are shot right now. Unfortunately that probably means stacked boxes and the low YPC will continue. The good news is that Montgomery has lived up to his billing as a tough runner and gets every single yard available and more on most runs. 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

they allow the most ppr ppg to opposing running attacks, that has nothing to do with real foosball stats, as you cited ... i'm talking strictly magick foosball points yielded, and they are the worst in that metric. 

Sounds like a game for Nagy to decide to give Cohen 15 touches. 

Just sayin. 

On 11/5/2019 at 2:56 PM, ajs723 said:

9 targets in the last two games is my favorite Monty development. He's a really good route runner, and despite one really bad drop, he has great hands. If we can get 12-15 carries and 3-5 targets per game, along with goal line work, he's a solid RB2 ROS. Considering he was utterly worthless earlier this season, this is great progress. 

After being lauded for his receiving ability during the preseason it's baffling it took this long to get him more involved in the passing game.

• Thanks 1
13 hours ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Is it possible Nagy is finally realizing that Trubisky sucks, and that he might actually get fired?

I do not trust that man

I picked Montgomery back up and thinking about starting him this week.

Have the AED ready when i have my heart attack, Nagy is going to kill me.

On 11/6/2019 at 10:53 AM, gufomel said:

Are the Lions really THAT bad against the run?

2 key DTs (Harrison and Daniels) have been injured and missed time.  When fully healthy the Lions won't be a red carpet for RBs.

24 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

2 key DTs (Harrison and Daniels) have been injured and missed time.  When fully healthy the Lions won't be a red carpet for RBs.

This is true, but they're both older and have been banged up. Even when they've played they haven't looked very good this year, and Daniels has barely even played at all.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Nap Time said:

Daniels is more of a pass rusher anyway so he won't impact DM a ton.  The two key run-stuffers on the Lions are Harrison and A'Shawn Robinson.  Harrison has been sub-par and/or injured all season, he will play but won't be 100%.  Robinson is healthy but has been just okay.  The return of Da'Shawn Hand helps the line but he's hurt again, too.

For reasons unexplainable, the Lions have a serious inability to stop the run this season.  You look at the personnel and think they should be at least top half against the run, but they just stink.  Coaching on the defensive side simply refuses to make any adjustments and keeps rolling out the same ineffective scheme every week (no pressure, drop everyone back, give the QB all the time he needs, running lanes aplenty). 

Montgomery should have a big game on Sunday and I say this as someone who accurately predicted his poor year thus far.  If I owned I'd be firing up no problem.  I'm using him in DFS.

• Like 1
On 11/4/2019 at 8:52 AM, ajs723 said:

This is in a league where the Dolphins, Bengals, and Jets exist. The Bears O-line is bad, but Monty, Cohen, ARob, Miller, and Gabriel are all being wasted in a historically incompetent offense. I don't even know how they turn it around at this point. Chase Daniel would probably help, which maybe the saddest thing I've ever typed. 

I cannot fathom how people still think the problem is Trubisky. It's Nagy. It's Nagy. It's Nagy. It's Nagy. It's Nagy. 

8 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

I cannot fathom how people still think the problem is Trubisky. It's Nagy. It's Nagy. It's Nagy. It's Nagy. It's Nagy. 

To be fair, it's both of them.  Trubisky has glaring, obvious shortcomings as a starting NFL quarterback.  Nagy should be changing the offense to minimize those flaws but he isn't.

Trubisky is bad, but Nagy isn't doing him any favors.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, JJ1223 said:

To be fair, it's both of them.  Trubisky has glaring, obvious shortcomings as a starting NFL quarterback.  Nagy should be changing the offense to minimize those flaws but he isn't.

Trubisky is bad, but Nagy isn't doing him any favors.

this ^

put Hoodie or HarBags or Payton or Reid or rahrah Petey or Shanny or McVay as HC of the CB and they are on top of that division right now. 

hell, toss Chucky up with that lot, as well. 

1 hour ago, miasma16 said:

As was said above, it's both. 

Mitch is bad, full stop. He's barely an NFL player. But, Nagy isn't helping. Teams with bad QBs can look a lot better than this. They could simplify things and play to Mitch's strengths, but they choose not to. 

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

this ^

put Hoodie or HarBags or Payton or Reid or rahrah Petey or Shanny or McVay as HC of the CB and they are on top of that division right now. 

hell, toss Chucky up with that lot, as well. 

They 100% would not be ahead of GB. They might have 2 more wins but they are not taking that division.

On 11/6/2019 at 11:01 AM, aapox said:

There’s no guarantees in football or fantasy, but it’s about as good of an outlook as can be that they’re gonna try to rely on this guy down the stretch. Mitch has shown he still has the talent but his mind and confidence are shot right now. Unfortunately that probably means stacked boxes and the low YPC will continue. The good news is that Montgomery has lived up to his billing as a tough runner and gets every single yard available and more on most runs. 

Stacked boxes can lead to some long runs.

3 hours ago, Mingalicious said:

Monty owners. Do you guys feel like he is an RB worth trading for? He has one of the easiest schedules for the palyoffs. Is he trending in the right direction or have the TDs just been his saving grace lately?

Go look at his touches and yards the past 2 weeks. He had 40 rushing and 36 receiving last week after virtually nothing in the first half. Fantasy analysts saying he was “saved” by his 2 TDs are clueless. 76 yards is not a great game but it’s not going to kill you without a TD. I’ve been worried about Monty all year until last game where he showed he’s likely to be a solid RB2 rest of year. Just remember that this offense can go nowhere quick so his floor is still low. I’d buy before the price is, presumably, too high for the rest of the year. 

3 hours ago, Mingalicious said:

Monty owners. Do you guys feel like he is an RB worth trading for? He has one of the easiest schedules for the palyoffs. Is he trending in the right direction or have the TDs just been his saving grace lately?

Depends what you are giving up