NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jarren Duran - OF Bos

Osu1456

9 hours ago, Dark One said:

"Duran isn't Trout"

No one is saying he is or will be. No one. 

I agree with your overall point but I believe Trout's former manager Mike Scioscia kind of made that comparison. It's not a direct comparison but when you mention both in the same breath it raises some eyebrows. tbf when later pressed to name a player to compare Duran to he said Grady Sizemore.

“I think one similarity is their desire to be as good as they can be,” Scioscia told the Herald. “That was certainly Mike and continues to be Mike, the way that he is now. He’s the best player in baseball. I think Jarren has that same focus and desire to be as good as he can be. You never really know where a player’s career is going to go, but I think it’s very easy to be very excited about Jarren’s tools and where he is now.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AnonymousRob said:

I agree with your overall point but I believe Trout's former manager Mike Scioscia kind of made that comparison. It's not a direct comparison but when you mention both in the same breath it raises some eyebrows. tbf when later pressed to name a player to compare Duran to he said Grady Sizemore.

To be clear, I was specifically referring to posters in this forum.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2021/07/05/red-sox-prospect-jarren-duran-it-sucks-to-miss-olympics-but-i-totally-understood-100-percent/

“You know, it sucks, because I would love to wear USA across my chest,” Duran said. ”But they have a good team and I hope they go on and win gold. I think they can do it and I hope they represent us really well.”

“Yeah they talked to me about it, just letting me know like, ‘Hey, it’s OK, don’t worry about it. We just want you to work hard in Worcester.’ And I totally understood 100 percent,” Duran told Roche. “I know they got my back and I got their back, so whatever they want me to do, I’m gonna do for them.”

..... Reading between the lines here. Duran said 'it totally sucks' and 'they got my back', so he'll totally be up for my fantasy team after the ASB.

Edited by PhilaFanBoy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Also, this….

Lol it's too bad the Red Sox are in Anaheim. But hey, could point towards Thursday debut at home against Phillies.

Replace Santana or Gonzalez with Duran in CF Full time

One gets demoted, if claimed, who cares hah

Other stays as the utility guy off the bench (teams do not need 2 of these type of players who cant hit)

You gain a better bat, more speed, and probably better defense by doing this, while keeping a utility guy

I'm legit curious how this doesn't make sense?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, kmoore1521 said:

Replace Santana or Gonzalez with Duran in CF Full time

One gets demoted, if claimed, who cares hah

Other stays as the utility guy off the bench (teams do not need 2 of these type of players who cant hit)

You gain a better bat, more speed, and probably better defense by doing this, while keeping a utility guy

I'm legit curious how this doesn't make sense?

1 more thing to add is Marwin Gonzalez was pulled from Monday's game with right hamstring tightness. Could be an IL situation!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, avatoot said:

1 more thing to add is Marwin Gonzalez was pulled from Monday's game with right hamstring tightness. Could be an IL situation!

Well that is a hopeful sign.  Something like that is what is needed.  I personally think they do want to give Santana a longer leash because it is baseball where you don't just look over a veteran player for a few weeks then cut him until they give him every chance to get back on track.  So Marwin getting IL'ed would be ideal for a look see of Duran at least while still seeing if Santana can return to form.

With only 2 more games left on the west coast though I think they will wait it out until they return to Fenway to see if they IL Marwin or not.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Actually tomorrow is an off day so maybe you can see him at that fast food restaurant instead. 

I meant the news that he is being called up will be released tomorrow 😅🤣

5 hours ago, meh2 said:

I’m not going to add eyeballs because I’ve been wrong more times than I count on his call up but he’s out of the lineup tonight. I’m not sure why he’d be given a night off considering Worcester didn’t play on 7/5 or 7/2 unless a call up is coming tomorrow. There’s currently an opening on the 40 man roster in addition to the good possibility of Santana hitting the IL tomorrow. If this isn’t it I’m permanently banning myself from this thread!

To echo on that fact, I don't think Boston would even give Duran a chance to think about a call up but to just call him up the day of! I think part of the Kelenic call up was that he had a chance to think about it for a good 3 days prior to his recall. Best just to throw him into fire without a chance of any prior nerves settling in!

Well it has been raining all day steady in New England so it is iffy they get a game in tonight unless it clears out fast.  So might want to be checking fast food restaurants along the Pike if the rain continues. 

But that could mean a double header tomorrow since the Phils are in town for their only visit this year.  In which case a team is allowed a 27th member on the active roster for the day without having to demote or Il anyone.  Interesting if that becomes the case.  It usually means an extra bullpen arm but could be someone else instead if the Sox wanted.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Well not to rain on the parade but Danny Santana was put on the IL just now and Michael Chavis was the call-up.

Won't happen until some time after the All-Star break for sure now.

Whoops herschel just said that.  Guess I didn't see it in time.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory