NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jarren Duran - OF Bos

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Buddy, I've been married for 16 years. I am so prepared!

I’m not going to add eyeballs because I’ve been wrong more times than I count on his call up but he’s out of the lineup tonight. I’m not sure why he’d be given a night off considering Worcester didn’t

So my parents have  ranch out in Wooded Acres Virginia which is about 5 mins away from Salem Virginia where the HIA Salem red Sox play. I came out here to visit them and i bought tickets to their last

Posted Images

4 hours ago, TheForearmShiver said:

Doubt it. Cora says, could be a month or two. Could be a year or two. 

While I understand the importance of treating Alexander Cora like an honest person, I don’t feel the need for it - just speaking for myself.  I think he’ll be up sooner than later.

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, BMcP said:

While I understand the importance of treating Alexander Cora like an honest person, I don’t feel the need for it - just speaking for myself.  I think he’ll be up sooner than later.

I hope you’re right. So frustrating. 

Kid started the season hot, left and performed well at Olympic trials impressing everyone who saw him, and returned to Worcester and picked up right where he left off. He’s 24 y.o., he’s not 19. It’s beyond time. Hope the Sox pull their heads out of their a**** and call him up. I’m saying this as BOTH a Sox fan AND a fantasy baseball player.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, einstein2u said:

Why we so  excited because seeks like most called up are bust.  

Kellenic

killioff

he May be the worst of the batch

How those guys started their careers has nothing to do with how Duran will. Trout started awful and Aquino started amazing . Neither Duran being a good contributor or an initial bust would surprise me . 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, einstein2u said:

Kellenic

killioff

But he might be the immediate spark plug of every prospect as well! They haven't been handling him with kid gloves and he isn't the 1 guy that they have been waiting on! Hopefully they give him a shot immediately and not worry about any regression. God knows the Sox could use a good offensive OF! NittanyChris  is correct. He is 24! Give the dude a chance!

• Like 2
7 hours ago, avatoot said:

But he might be the immediate spark plug of every prospect as well! They haven't been handling him with kid gloves and he isn't the 1 guy that they have been waiting on! Hopefully they give him a shot immediately and not worry about any regression. God knows the Sox could use a good offensive OF! NittanyChris  is correct. He is 24! Give the dude a chance!

Don't you think that the fact that he isn't up yet contradicts the opinion that they are not handling him with kid gloves?

9 hours ago, einstein2u said:

And he may not be. Every prospect is different.

In Duran's case, he made an adjustment to his swing/approach last year that allowed him to tap into the power in his frame (he began elevating the ball with far more regularity while sacrificing some of his ability to hit for contact). The results haven't manifested themselves in minor league box scores until this season due to the pandemic wiping out last year's lower level games - though there were murmurs Duran made a significant adjustment that could alter his trajectory/future role in the organization, murmurs which became far more prevalent when he starred in the Puerto Rican Winter League playoffs (winning MVP honors). He carried that momentum over to Spring Training and the first part of the AAA season/Olympic trials this year, so it appears (at least so far) that the change is paying huge dividends with respect to his potential impact on the offensive side. And while his K-rate has increased, it hasn't skyrocketed to an alarming degree as initially feared (.362 OBP so far in 24 AAA games). He continues to flash at least 70-grade speed as well, so it's understandable why many in the fantasy community are excited in answer to your original question.

He'll be 25 in September as well, so I strongly agree with the "let's see what he can do at the MLB level" contingent.

• Like 3

Yet they call up Chavis AGAIN. Come on, at worst he is the best defensive CF on your roster. You rode JBJ and his lack of a bat for how many years?

Danny Santana is 3 for his last 38, with 3 singles. He’s got a .459 OPS on the year. It’s time to pull the plug on this little experiment, Boston, and send him off to DFA-land. Give the kid a shot. 

• Like 1
On 6/13/2021 at 8:41 PM, einstein2u said:

Kellenic

killioff

Kelenic a bust?

4 weeks of play

Albert would be disappointed