NBC Sports Edge Forums

2019 NFL Draft Team winners and losers

Which teams do you think did well or not so well in the draft?

Good: 
- the Raiders had a lot of high picks and seem to have done well on Defense. Whether they should have wasted a 1st round pick on an RB is a question, but I like what they did so far and it's clear they won't be a 4-12 team in 2019
- the Packers had a number of high picks and seem to have invested wisely. Well done again.
- the Bills I'm quite pleasantly surprised by, good picks on the lines and a flyer on an RB
- the Titans had good value picks, and managed even in later rounds to pick up good defensive players.
- the Buccaneers concentrated all of their higher picks on Defense, and clearly that's what they needed. Job done.

Not perfect:
- Broncos take a bit of a leap of faith, drafting a QB and a TE high, focusing not so much on defense/O-line. I'm not sure this is what can turn them around from a 6-10 team to a winning season or play-offs.
- the Cardinals knew what they wanted and focused on giving Kingsbury an offense. I'm not sure it's what they NEEDED though.
- It's hard to say anything about the Patriots drafting, because clearly BB's left toenail knows more about this than I could ever hope to understand. But to me, it's quite confusing what they did. A WR high, but no TE? Another RB high? 

Losers:
- I don't think we can make enough fun of the Giants. Ha, hahaha, hahaha. Of course, all this may turn out differently, and I expect to look like an idiot some months from now, but right now, I'm not the only person who is confused by what they did.

There’s no way I’d have the Raiders as one of the best drafts. Their first pick was a bad choice and then taking a back was a bad choice. Screwing up two first round picks automatically disqualifies you from having one of the better drafts.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

- Broncos take a bit of a leap of faith, drafting a QB and a TE high, focusing not so much on defense/O-line. I'm not sure this is what can turn them around from a 6-10 team to a winning season or play-offs.

Their second pick was literally an offensive lineman? The only real head scratcher was the 6th round WR. Not the biggest fan of taking a TE that early but I thought they received great value elswhere across the whole board.

I'll have to study to comment on other teams. But my immediate takeaway was Jacksonville got quite lucky with a few defense player drops and the NYG are an absolute joke.

I am not a fan of what The Team From Our Nation's Capital did in the draft.  Haskins has a strong arm but cannot move and has poor overall atheticism.  Now they have a whole room full of quarterbacks that no one else wants.

Dave Gettleman is literally the biggest loser and quickly becoming the laughingstock of GM's. 

His explanation of Denver and Wash wanting Daniel  which is why he took him at #6 was flat out embarrassing 🤭

Edited by dashoe
1 minute ago, dashoe said:

Dave Gettleman is literally the biggest loser and quickly becoming the laughingstock of GM's. 

His explanation of Denver and Wash wanting Daniel  which is why he took him at #6 was flat out embarrassing 🤭

Shoe you should try to steal his job and then give the rest of the board Inside fantasy info.

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Shoe you should try to steal his job and then give the rest of the board Inside fantasy info.

I would just canvaas this forum to draft  no need for scouts and overpaid consultants. . 🤣

"With the  #1 pick of the 2020 NFL Draft the New York Giants and Friends of the Rotoworld Forum select. . . hold on a sec folks the new GM Mr.  DaShoe  lost his internet connection. . " 🤣

• Haha 2

I liked New England's draft.  I can already hear Collinsworth on SNF saying :"How did this guy make it all the way to the third round" re: Winovich.   Harry i don't see as a superstud or anything, but i like him there.   

2 minutes ago, BrianM said:

I liked New England's draft.  I can already hear Collinsworth on SNF saying :"How did this guy make it all the way to the third round" re: Winovich.   Harry i don't see as a superstud or anything, but i like him there.   

I usually don't like NE drafts and they turn out well. This one will probably be terrible because it makes sense.

55 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I would just canvaas this forum to draft  no need for scouts and overpaid consultants. . 🤣

"With the  #1 pick of the 2020 NFL Draft the New York Giants and Friends of the Rotoworld Forum select. . . hold on a sec folks the new GM Mr.  DaShoe  lost his internet connection. . " 🤣

One year I literally went through a live chat of a Bills forum on draft day.   The forum posters 100% drafted a better squad than the team did.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I didn't like what the Eagles did after the 1st round. They didn't have a lot of picks to work with, but disappointed. If Dillard becomes a pro bowl or all pro tackle then it doesn't ultimately matter.

NE had one of the better drafts this season. They did well filling their needs and I also like the value they got in certain places. Harry is the best WR value in the draft and I was quite upset that Seattle didn't take him.

The way Seattle drafts always makes me feel weird after. They don't give a s--- about projections and draft based on their system and style. It's ridiculously frustrating when guys seemingly could be had rounds later. Blair is a perfect example of this. The dude had a 4th round value and I would have had Rapp any day of the week over him. However, he hits really hard and thus he fits the system. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Boudewijn said:

This guy (one of my favorite analysts) more or less agrees:

Interesting that he has a video devoted on how the Giants cannot afford to pass on Haskins...then lists the Redskins as having one of the worst drafts because they picked the QB in this video.

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Interesting that he has a video devoted on how the Giants cannot afford to pass on Haskins...then lists the Redskins as having one of the worst drafts because they picked the QB in this video.

I think that regarding Giants and Washington he mostly announces that the next video is going to be fun :) it's hardly the core of the current one.

4 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

I think that regarding Giants and Washington he mostly announces that the next video is going to be fun :) it's hardly the core of the current one.

The NY one was a separate predraft video where he pinned him as a hybrid between Garrafolo & Goff...then he rips the Redskins for wasting their pick postdraft.

There’s nice polish to his YouTube presentation, but he’s a flipflopper.

If the draft ended after round 2 my Jags would be the front runners.

The Raiders got the player they liked, I just think they could have traded down a few spots(for literally any compensation) and still got their guy.  A RB in the 1st round who runs a 4.7 forty?  Odd.

I thought Arizona had a great draft in terms of value but didn't do anything on the offensive line which may be a problem.

The Dolphins continue to not understand how to run a football team.  The Rosen trade was great, the draft picks not so much.

I'm a little jealous of the Colts, they actually have a GM who knows what he's doing.

For not having a 1st round pick the Saints did extremely well.

Gettleman is possibly securing his spot as the worst GM of all-time after only 2 seasons.

On 5/1/2019 at 9:22 AM, psygolf said:

The NY one was a separate predraft video where he pinned him as a hybrid between Garrafolo & Goff...then he rips the Redskins for wasting their pick postdraft.

There’s nice polish to his YouTube presentation, but he’s a flipflopper.

I think you misunderstood. Check last night's video.

13 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

I think you misunderstood. Check last night's video.

Meh...I can’t follow people on YTube.

Redskins had a great draft.

Edited by psygolf
On 5/1/2019 at 2:04 AM, psygolf said:

Well, imo the skins shouldn’t have taken a qb in the first round bc they’re stuck with Alex smith for 2 more years at 25ish mil a season and have case Keemun this year. I’d be surprised if a rookie Haskins is better than a decent vet like Keemun. Would make more sense to wait on a qb, but after rumors they wanted to trade up to take Haskins, I give them props for staying at 15 and still getting their guy. Knowing how high they skins were on him, i give their draft an A. Love the sweat trade and the WRs they got

On 4/29/2019 at 6:18 AM, lolcopter said:

Not the biggest fan of taking a TE that early but I thought they received great value elswhere across the whole board.

Still sad to see Butt didn't materialize, hate to see injuries recur like that.