NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nate Lowe 2019 Outlook

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Comps for him listed so far in this thread: Hoskins, Goldy, and Votto.  Glad I have him but I'm getting too excited. I need to read Garrett Hampson game logs to quickly cool myself off.

Ironically, Rhys Hoskins was the 12th ranked Phillies prospect heaving into 2017 despite posting monster numbers at the A, A+ and AA levels in 2015-2016. Pete Alonso was 13th on the Mets prospect list

I wasn't even mad about yesterday but wtf is going on? How do you sit the player of the week 2 days in a row? 

3 minutes ago, Kramjam24 said:

Are they really sitting him for yandy ******** Diaz?

To boot Paxton is actually not as good against left handed batters.

I wouldn't go jumping to conclusions yet.  It's one game.  Against what would normally be a tough lefty (what the hell has happened to him this season?).  I'm treating it as a day off.  Cash might baby his pitchers to the extreme, and to the point where I'm not a fan of his at all, but he doesn't come off as stupid.  Lowe has been their best hitter since he's been recalled, and I'm pretty sure he knows it.

Plus, Brosseau will come crashing back down to earth at some point.  He's been solid in AAA, but even though both him and Lowe are hitting over their heads right now, Lowe has the much better chance of maintaining high end production.

17 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

it will make that pinch-hit bomb that much sweeter, my dudes

The AL rarely pinch hits.  I'd see the only option being if they pinch hit for Heredia later on and move Garcia out to RF.

1 hour ago, billofwa said:

Yandy is producing plus he sat already once over the weekend.  

Yandy is hitting .322 with a 162 wRC+ vs lefties. He will play against lefties whenever he’s healthy. 

31 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

The AL rarely pinch hits.  I'd see the only option being if they pinch hit for Heredia later on and move Garcia out to RF.

Cash will pinch hit as soon as a righty comes in. For Heredia, Wendle and D’Arnaud. Don’t be surprised to see Lowe, Meadows AND Choi all get in this game. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Getting some reps at 3B...mkay but he really needs to be a lineup fixture regardless at this point

Nate Lowe will work out at third base prior to Monday's game.

Lowe has play three games -- making one start -- at third base at Triple-A Durham this season, which is the only time in his pro career that he's played the position. The Rays are planning to give him a look at the hot corner, though, as they seek ways to keep him in the lineup. 

wooohooooooo

Edited by dfstout
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, dfstout said:

Lowe has play three games -- making one start -- at third base at Triple-A Durham this season, which is the only time in his pro career that he's played the position. The Rays are planning to give him a look at the hot corner, though, as they seek ways to keep him in the lineup. 

wooohooooooo

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, JoesPros said:

Don't understand the overwhelming hype so far, I mean yeah, he beasted on some weak opponents, but so did the rest of his teammates 

Great power and plate discipline in the minors while becoming one of the top 1B prospects and is heating up in the bigs. What is there to understand.

Edited by KrunK
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
19 minutes ago, JoesPros said:

Don't understand the overwhelming hype so far, I mean yeah, he beasted on some weak opponents, but so did the rest of his teammates 

The hype is for people in leagues of 8+ teams. Move on if it’s not for you. 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, JoesPros said:

The amount of times I’ve thought this only to see the guy tear it up.....

Sure,only a microscopic fraction of  guys go to become top 50 players, but every year there’s 2 or 3 guys like bellinger and Hoskins in their rookie seasons.  You can bet I’m gonna try and get every dam one of them on my team. Especially in keeper formats.  I’d rather be wrong and lose a few weeks of a great reliever or a mediocre starter than watch him be a round 4 pick next year.

Edited by Cesare13
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, dfstout said:

wooohooooooo

Image result for boston celtics licking lips gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
1 hour ago, JoesPros said:

You don't really have to understand the hype you miss out on

• Like 2
6 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

The last year that Maddon managed the Rays they actually led the entire major leagues in pinch hit plate appearances. 😉

Nate Lowe’s approach is what’s gonna set him apart. The guy was taking left handed breaking balls left center 6 rows deep and it looks like he’s just flipping his wrist. Not to mention he hit another HR or two to left field as well. Considering most pitches to hitters are outside, the fact that he can go oppo like that is encouraging