Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Miles Sanders 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Yikes

 

Double Yikes!!

 

Prove it first Pederson- then I’ll consider starting him.   Good luck to all you brave souls 

I hear ya but my thinking is...Atlanta is known for being terrible against pass catching RBS. I think Sanders and Sproles will have some catches but, I'm hoping Sanders shines.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I learned absolutely nothing on the Eagles RB situation today

Howard has looked like himself a boring plodding RB that runs into his Oline and leans forward for a 2-4 yards.  Sanders looks far more dynamic but he's also a rookie and with that comes some roo

Miles Sanders: 5-11, 211 lbs.  Drafted 52nd overall.  4.49 40-yard dash.  4.19 20-yard shuttle.  6.89 3-cone drill.   Lesean McCoy: 5-11, 210 lbs.  Drafted 52nd overall.  4.48 40-yard dash.  4.18

Posted Images

This is a clear buy low situation. I think we actually learned more than most in here let on. Clement is a non factor, Sproles is not taking away a huge split of touches. As the night went on, Howard's tendency to run into the pile was painfully obvious. Sanders had more carries and got 4 targets in the passing game. 

 

Most people will see the fantasy points/yards and be disappointed but I think the arrow is pointing up. I think the Goedert injury is big for this team because they were only carrying 2 TEs on the active roster. Their OL is talented, I think they'll get the running game going soon.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Agmaniacmike said:

This is a clear buy low situation. I think we actually learned more than most in here let on. Clement is a non factor, Sproles is not taking away a huge split of touches. As the night went on, Howard's tendency to run into the pile was painfully obvious. Sanders had more carries and got 4 targets in the passing game. 

 

Most people will see the fantasy points/yards and be disappointed but I think the arrow is pointing up. I think the Goedert injury is big for this team because they were only carrying 2 TEs on the active roster. Their OL is talented, I think they'll get the running game going soon.

 

I would agree with you if Doug Pedersen didn’t coach the Eagles.

Link to post
Share on other sites

he's a loooong time project in that scheme, a luxury redrafters just can't abide. 

will be interesting to see what the offense looks like if the Jeffrey/DJax/Goedert injuries are significant ... but there's too much uncertainty to trust this kid in any lineup atm - you wanna buy low? come at me - i'll take Joey Slye if ya got him. 

but not Prater - don't try and foist that kinda garbage. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

This whole RBBC thing obviously isn’t the answer and I’m hoping Pederson has given Howard almost the same amount of play as Miles out of respect. I feel like this offense would be way more dangerous with Sanders in 60-70% of the time with the other two sprinkled in. But neither Howard nor him have done enough yet to pull away from one another.

 

You can just tell Sanders is itching to get the ball in his hands and make plays. He was inches away from a TD last night and got up immediately and was rolling his hands as to say “come on let’s keep it going”. He wanted it bad lol. Of course they sneak it with Wentz on the next play. 

 

I just feel like like they haven’t given Miles enough time to settle in and get comfortable. All the switching is killing the momentum for both backs I feel like. Give him more opportunity and he’ll shine. I can feel it... he’s so close to figuring it out. There’s too many “close calls” of big plays almost happening. He’s going to break some soon and pull away. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, FantasyGOAT said:

This whole RBBC thing obviously isn’t the answer and I’m hoping Pederson has given Howard almost the same amount of play as Miles out of respect. I feel like this offense would be way more dangerous with Sanders in 60-70% of the time with the other two sprinkled in. But neither Howard nor him have done enough yet to pull away from one another.

 

You can just tell Sanders is itching to get the ball in his hands and make plays. He was inches away from a TD last night and got up immediately and was rolling his hands as to say “come on let’s keep it going”. He wanted it bad lol. Of course they sneak it with Wentz on the next play. 

 

I just feel like like they haven’t given Miles enough time to settle in and get comfortable. All the switching is killing the momentum for both backs I feel like. Give him more opportunity and he’ll shine. I can feel it... he’s so close to figuring it out. There’s too many “close calls” of big plays almost happening. He’s going to break some soon and pull away. 

Sanders doesn’t look ready yet. As an eagles fan I would prefer Howard getting more carries. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Sanders doesn’t look ready yet. As an eagles fan I would prefer Howard getting more carries. 

 

what makes you say he doesnt look ready yet? both have been mediocre so id assume howard doesnt look "ready" yet then either? im assuming your talking about pass protection or something?

Edited by kmoore1521
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

 

what makes you say he doesnt look ready yet? both have been mediocre so id assume howard doesnt look "ready" yet then either? im assuming your talking about pass protection or something?

I just have more faith that Howard is going to get positive yards. Sanders needs a giant hole to run through to get anything it seems. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2019 at 3:07 PM, Baldy8 said:

I hear ya but my thinking is...Atlanta is known for being terrible against pass catching RBS. I think Sanders and Sproles will have some catches but, I'm hoping Sanders shines.

I thought the same.   I wish someone would have given Pederson the memo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, K197040 said:

Sanders is perfect in my one/two punch combo with Montgomery. 

Same situation! However, I think the Montgomery train is starting to gain momentum while the Sanders train hasn't left the station. I knew it'd be a coin flip between the two and insane luck if both we're solid RB2's. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Tierjerk said:

Same situation! However, I think the Montgomery train is starting to gain momentum while the Sanders train hasn't left the station. I knew it'd be a coin flip between the two and insane luck if both we're solid RB2's. 

Be patient bro. Has Sanders looked good? No. But lots of these RBs look bad YPC wise only to be buoyed by a great YPC game to have them level out. Sanders still has the talent and the opportunity

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, kmoore1521 said:

 

what makes you say he doesnt look ready yet? both have been mediocre so id assume howard doesnt look "ready" yet then either? im assuming your talking about pass protection or something?

He is dancing too much in the backfield trying to bounce everything outside for a big play instead of taking the yards available. He doesn't look ready yet. I'd also rather see more Howard as an Eagles fan and Sanders dynasty owner.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...