NBC Sports Edge Forums

Miles Sanders 2019 Outlook

20 hours ago, K197040 said:

I thought the same.   I wish someone would have given Pederson the memo.

Atlanta might have been bad against pass catching RB's last season, but they won't be this season. Deion Jones and their secondary is healthy. Atlanta lost their athletic MLB and both safeties in the first couple games last season.

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I learned absolutely nothing on the Eagles RB situation today

Howard has looked like himself a boring plodding RB that runs into his Oline and leans forward for a 2-4 yards.  Sanders looks far more dynamic but he's also a rookie and with that comes some roo

Miles Sanders: 5-11, 211 lbs.  Drafted 52nd overall.  4.49 40-yard dash.  4.19 20-yard shuttle.  6.89 3-cone drill.   Lesean McCoy: 5-11, 210 lbs.  Drafted 52nd overall.  4.48 40-yard dash.  4.18

Posted Images

1 minute ago, devaster said:

Atlanta might have been bad against pass catching RB's last season, but they won't be this season. Deion Jones and their secondary is healthy. Atlanta lost their athletic MLB and both safeties in the first couple games last season.

Yup

And while Sanders didn't look good, Carson Wentz was also getting no time.. The falcons defense played a very good game. Many people assume a bad defense one year will be bad the following year.. Doesn't always look that way.

13 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

Yup

And while Sanders didn't look good, Carson Wentz was also getting no time.. The falcons defense played a very good game. Many people assume a bad defense one year will be bad the following year.. Doesn't always look that way.

I agree.   But I also just saw them them give up 28 to the Vikings last week and get gashed by Cook.

And I realize that Sanders isn't Cook.  Just was hoping for a little more.

He may require a fair bit of patience, and this is easy for me to say, as I have no shares of his, but I am confident come end of season, Sanders is the guy to own in the Philly backfield. Jordan Howard is not their best bet over the course of the season and honestly not really a threat imo, and Sproles is just a change of pace. Sanders has tried to do too much with his touches and I think he is a bit immature in his development still, but he has not exactly had much room to operate either. The entire offense looks out of rhythm, not just him. There is too much talent in that offense not to gel eventually. Once they do, I think Sanders will be at the center of it.

• Like 1

the thing with the other maddening RBBCs, such as Patriots and 49ers, is that there is such prodigious bounty eminating from them ... hell, ya could've started Bulkhead or (especially) Wilson this past week and outscored this kid (and #sexyRexy and Wilson are considered third options in their respective gigs).

the Iggles just aren't firing thus far- again, as i said earlier, this kid's a luxury atm - 7th rd magick foosball draft capital be damned, he looks like my most expendable roster spot right now. 

stagnating here, man ... not a good place to be - this sitch is effing many of us hard. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, dorsett33 said:

This needs to be the week that Sanders breaks out and scores his first TD.  He clearly is the best talent in that backfield but Eagles O line has been very underwhelming so far.  

It is Sanders who has been very underwhelming so far. Benching this week and not thinking twice about it.

• Thanks 1

This guy is sitting on my bench.  I am waiting for the supposed magic upside of this kid.   Thing is, he may never take off because of game script and RBBC.   Still, I have yet to see someone on waivers with a better shot.   So, holding....But like someone said earlier, he is rapidly becoming expendable on my roster.

Edited by Sivaro
1 hour ago, Sivaro said:

This guy is sitting on my bench.  I am waiting for the supposed magic upside of this kid.   Thing is, he may never take off because of game script and RBBC.   Still, I have yet to see someone on waivers with a better shot.   So, holding....But like someone said earlier, he is rapidly becoming expendable on my roster.

A rookie who has started the season leading the backfield in touches (though in a committee). I would advise not dropping 2-3 weeks into the season...

Edited by gufomel
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, gufomel said:

A rookie who has started the season leading the backfield in touches (though in a committee). I would advise not dropping 2-3 weeks into the season...

I am not dropping yet.

There is no one better with more upside on the wire, nor is Sanders going to get you a starter via a trade.

BUT,  lets say a starting RB went down and the backup was available on waivers.......Sanders might get the boot.

Edited by Sivaro