NBC Sports Edge Forums

Miles Sanders 2019 Outlook

36 minutes ago, K197040 said:

maybe.  I'm not sure that Alshon being out changes the Pats game plan.    Anything that hurts the Philly offense and leads to them being further behind is a plus imo.

This is assuming Howard plays.  If Howard is out, I'd rather have Alshon in for goalline work for Sanders.

The game plan is howard gonna slow down the game, and attack with Ertz Goedert and Sanders. The boundary WRs will be running go routes and deep routes all game. Agholor and JJAW are both fast 

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I learned absolutely nothing on the Eagles RB situation today

Howard has looked like himself a boring plodding RB that runs into his Oline and leans forward for a 2-4 yards.  Sanders looks far more dynamic but he's also a rookie and with that comes some roo

Miles Sanders: 5-11, 211 lbs.  Drafted 52nd overall.  4.49 40-yard dash.  4.19 20-yard shuttle.  6.89 3-cone drill.   Lesean McCoy: 5-11, 210 lbs.  Drafted 52nd overall.  4.48 40-yard dash.  4.18

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

The game plan is howard gonna slow down the game, and attack with Ertz Goedert and Sanders. The boundary WRs will be running go routes and deep routes all game. Agholor and JJAW are both fast 

Shhhhh....... Belichick has feelers everywhere.

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, gufomel said:

Not sure whether to take this Ajayi news as potential good that Howard might be out, or bad that he’ll just be replaced by Ajayi. 

I received an alert that Peterson indicated that J. Howard suffered a stinger last week and is still not cleared for contact. I think this is the reason, not Sproles.

If true, Ajayi could step right into Howard's role.

NE run D not all that either.

4 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

no fumbles?

i'll take it!

yea right.. i just grabbed sanders for woods. super low on backs atm. tbh a stat line like that wouldnt be that bad. The schedule softens if for some reason howard misses time, sanders could do ok. Ajayi is worrisome but whatever, nobody wants him. Eagles are desperate 

17 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

yea right.. i just grabbed sanders for woods. super low on backs atm. tbh a stat line like that wouldnt be that bad. The schedule softens if for some reason howard misses time, sanders could do ok. Ajayi is worrisome but whatever, nobody wants him. Eagles are desperate 

i've had him all year ... was a rough start, and JoHo has really been impressive in the sledge role. 

but after the Sproles injury things upticked ... factor in no DJax, and a very dicey group of WRs, and Pedey started tossing the kid more bones in the passing game. 

he has a couple/few splash plays designed and dialed up for him weekly ... if he hits one, then you are usually assured of a 10 pt floor - or he could house a couple (like Buffalo), and you have a week winner. 

most promising in this offense, inasmuch that Ertz and Goedert draw so much attention to the middle routes that this kid gets room to operate ... he's definitely set up for success, no question. 

• Like 2
Just now, K197040 said:

Damn I wish this was a better matchup.

It is not all that troubling. NE has shown some vulnerability to the run lately (their weak schedule has lead to a lot of their lofty ranks)...plus PHI has an very above average O-Line unit and seems likely to get all-world LT Peters back this week.

2 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Yea i cant play him this week. Like to, but just dont see much success since the pats had their bye week also. They are going to come out ready to play. Could be ugly with all the missing pieces in Philly.

3 minutes ago, K197040 said:

This might actually work in Sanders' favor IMO.  Could be a lot of nice garbage time work incoming.  Gotta see the final status of Howard and Jeffery, but he's shaping up as a tasty flex for me.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Sanders can pull a Samuels vs the Colts kinda day (double digit receptions) ... they sure as eff aren't beating the perimeter with brick hands Matthews, Crisco hands Agholor, and the invisible man (Hollins). 

Goedert and Sanders are the only hope for positive matriculation (thanks, Hank!) down the field, as Ertz will be smothered (incoming DONUT, much like Hoodie did to all world Graham back in his Saints halcyon days).

9 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Yea i cant play him this week. Like to, but just dont see much success since the pats had their bye week also.

Iggles coming off their bye, as well ... 'member what happened last tine Dougie had 2 weeks to prepare for Hoodie?

spacer.png

• Haha 1