Miles Sanders 2019 Outlook

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I learned absolutely nothing on the Eagles RB situation today

Howard has looked like himself a boring plodding RB that runs into his Oline and leans forward for a 2-4 yards.  Sanders looks far more dynamic but he's also a rookie and with that comes some roo

Miles Sanders: 5-11, 211 lbs.  Drafted 52nd overall.  4.49 40-yard dash.  4.19 20-yard shuttle.  6.89 3-cone drill.   Lesean McCoy: 5-11, 210 lbs.  Drafted 52nd overall.  4.48 40-yard dash.  4.18

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, rylaughlin said:

Pats have given up healthy rushing numbers to Ingram and Chubb the past two weeks, matchup may not be as bad as it would seem. 

With Alshon Jeffery likely out and Sproles out for the season, Sanders could also get more passes out of the backfield making him a good PPR start.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

It is not all that troubling. NE has shown some vulnerability to the run lately (their weak schedule has lead to a lot of their lofty ranks)...plus PHI has an very above average O-Line unit and seems likely to get all-world LT Peters back this week.

I'm not hesitating to start him over R. Jones.  But with the Pats coming off a loss and having a bye week...I expect them to be pretty dialed in.

Also a little concerned about the Philly offense with some key players being out.

But all in all, I think Sanders will have a decent game at a minimum.

Just would rather it be against someone like Detroit.  Or even Dallas with their bad run D.

Alshon isnt much of a loss for the Eagles offense.... he's been absolute garbage this year. Long as Ertz/Goedert are healthy they should be able to still move the ball enough to score a few TDs. Miles has looked really good lately. Excited for his opportunity in this spot.

Not sure how much value Ajayi really has, though.  Howard should be back in the next week or 2 from his stinger and Ajayi will likely not play much, if at all, this week.  Then there is Miles Sanders to handle the passing game work rendering Ajayi pretty useless in PPR even if he starts.  I think his ceiling is as a rb3 in standard leagues.

by RotoWire Staff
(6 hrs ago) Sanders may be in store for the lead role out of the Philadelphia backfield Sunday against the Patriots with Jordan Howard (shoulder) listed as questionable for the contest, Kevin Patra of NFL.com reports.

Though Howard was a limited participant in practice throughout the week, coach Doug Pederson noted prior to Friday's session that the Eagles' top ground option hasn't yet been cleared to resume taking contact. Given that Howard hasn't fully recovered from the stinger he suffered in the Week 9 win over the Bears, there's reason to believe he may be limited or withheld entirely from the matchup with New England. If that's the case, Sanders -- who has earned double-digit touches just once in the past four games -- could be thrust into a more prominent role, especially with scatback Darren Sproles (hip) getting shut down for the season. The Eagles plan to add Jay Ajayi to the roster to bolster the team's backfield depth, but Sanders would still be the odds-on favorite to headline a Howard-less backfield.

• Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, MrVeth said:

So what do we expect from Miles as the (possible) lead back this week vs the Pats defense? Do the touches make him a starter this week?

PPR gold. 

would expect 8-10 carries, with 8-10 targets ... so something like 7-8 catches. 

a 15-20 touch afternoon, with the majority of the yardage accrued via the passing game. 

wouldn't be surprised at 120 total yds and a score - and wouldn't be shocked at a more prolific blowup. 

CAVEAT:  Hoodie & co know that this kid has a fumbling issue ... if he carpets one early it could be ominous for the duration ... but, then again, they really have no one else on that roster who can sniff this kid's gamebreaking chops or supplement the backfield with quality touches ... ergo, he may have a longer leash tmrw, but if he gets the early yips it'll be curtains. 

all that being said - excited to get this goin' tomorrow 👍

ETA: all contingent on JoHo sitting, of course. 

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

PPR gold. 

would expect 8-10 carries, with 8-10 targets ... so something like 7-8 catches. 

a 15-20 touch afternoon, with the majority of the yardage accrued via the passing game. 

wouldn't be surprised at 120 total yds and a score - and wouldn't be shocked at a more prolific blowup. 

CAVEAT:  Hoodie & co know that this kid has a fumbling issue ... if he carpets one early it could be ominous for the duration ... but, then again, they really have no one else on that roster who can sniff this kid's gamebreaking chops or supplement the backfield with quality touches ... ergo, he may have a longer leash tmrw, but if he gets the early yips it'll be curtains. 

all that being said - excited to get this goin' tomorrow 👍

ETA: all contingent on JoHo sitting, of course. 

I feel like your projections are his ceiling.  Hope you are correct though....

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, herschel said:

I feel like your projections are his ceiling.  Hope you are correct though....

fair enuff 👍

if JoHo sits, dunno how this kid doesn't see those touches, simply by attrition 🤷‍♂️

he'll break one. may take awhile, but he'll get 'em - can't see him bottled up for four qtrs. 

gl to all ✌

• Thanks 1

I really think this is Miles Sanders chance to shine with the possibility of Howard out. In the beginning of the season Philly did attempt to give him the reigns but he was not quite ready for it. Now as the season has moved along he just might be ready to take over. We shall see as this could be just the test Sanders needs to see if he is ready.

The Pats look more vulnerable on the ground than they do through the air in terms of the backfield. They've only allowed over 50 receiving yards to a RB once (TJ Yeldon in week 4). Outside of that, passing to RBs has not been a good way to move the ball against N.E. 

If Sanders is going to do some damage it'll likely be between the tackles ... where they've been gashed a few times this season (i.e. Gore, Chubb, Ingram). I can't see a great game script here even if Sanders pretty much has the backfield to himself, though.

Edited by LongBalls
  • Like 1
17 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

The Pats look more vulnerable on the ground than they do through the air in terms of the backfield. They've only allowed over 50 receiving yards to a RB once (TJ Yeldon in week 4). Outside of that, passing to RBs has not been a good way to move the ball against N.E. 

If Sanders is going to do some damage it'll likely be between the tackles ... where they've been gashed a few times this season (i.e. Gore, Chubb, Ingram). I can't see a great game script here even if Sanders pretty much has the backfield to himself, though.

the legit weapons for the Iggles are the TEs ... Hoodie gotta account for the middle of the field - Goedert & Ertz will open that aspect of the coverage up enough for Miles to operate. 

the only decent TE they faced this year has been Andrews (2/21/0), and he was a bit hobbled - we dunno how that defense is gonna respond to having TWO threats operating from the position ... man coverage on the Iggles pathetic WRs, extra attention to the TEs - recipe for Sanders success. 

1 hour ago, LongBalls said:

The only problem with that is Miles has been pretty awful as a between the tackles runner this year to date. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, tatddy said:

The only problem with that is Miles has been pretty awful as a between the tackles runner this year to date. 

That's the concern. I guess he could pull one out here when the likes of Bell (x2), Connor, and Thompson couldn't get much going in the passing game. 

Then again, Sanders could pull off something like Drake did with the 49ers.  Not a bet I'd necessarily make, though. 

Being as unbiased as possible, what kind of split should we expect here? Will Sanders almost certainly be the lead back? Wouldn’t think Ajayi sees too many touches after being signed Friday, but Drake did with the Cardinals and Ajayi already knows the Eagles’ offense.

Edited by gufomel
3 hours ago, gufomel said:

Being as unbiased as possible, what kind of split should we expect here? Will Sanders almost certainly be the lead back? Wouldn’t think Ajayi sees too many touches after being signed Friday, but Drake did with the Cardinals and Ajayi already knows the Eagles’ offense.

Drake was at least in game shape, Ajayi is far from that. 

stranger things have happened, but i'll cite MGIII once again, and how long it took him to shake off his rust.   

i'll bet on Sanders exceeding expectations today - it's a tall order vs a stout D, but i think he's ready ... earlier in the season might've been a dicier prop - but we ready to roll off the bye. 

• Like 2