NBC Sports Edge Forums

Miles Sanders 2019 Outlook

5 minutes ago, gufomel said:

Ehh I’m sorry but this is just typical rotoworld logic...

1) if teammates are injured, then it’s good for the player I own because he’ll get the ball more

2) if teammates are getting back from injury, it’s good for the player I own because the defense will have to cover more players

I don’t think it works both ways like that is. Truthfully, we really know very little about how injuries are going to impact other players’ outcomes.

i can only insert him in the magick foosball lineup, guf ... i don't actually run the Iggles offense 🤷‍♂️

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I learned absolutely nothing on the Eagles RB situation today

Howard has looked like himself a boring plodding RB that runs into his Oline and leans forward for a 2-4 yards.  Sanders looks far more dynamic but he's also a rookie and with that comes some roo

Miles Sanders: 5-11, 211 lbs.  Drafted 52nd overall.  4.49 40-yard dash.  4.19 20-yard shuttle.  6.89 3-cone drill.   Lesean McCoy: 5-11, 210 lbs.  Drafted 52nd overall.  4.48 40-yard dash.  4.18

Posted Images

This could just be coming from coach speak, or it could just be faulty analysis by a reporter.

But with that said, I think it’s reasonable to expect that Ajayi has a healthy-sized role. As large as Howard? Maybe, maybe not. But the reality is I just don’t think Sanders has a chance at being the main guy here, and I don’t think it’ll happen anytime this year (if ever). He’s just not a good runner between the tackles. He’ll always have opportunity to break a big one when he gets space, but I see no path to him being anything but a low volume boom/bust RB and that is not the type of RB I care to roster at this point in the year. I want someone who at least has an opportunity to fall into large volume.

Any high-upside handcuff is more valuable than Sanders right now in my opinion. If those are all rostered in your league, I honestly think a defense with a great fantasy playoff schedule is more valuable. If all of those are rostered, then sure hold Sanders, but I think I’m dropping him in shallow leagues.

All my opinion of course. I’m just not very scared of one of my league mates grabbing Sanders.

Edited by gufomel
17 minutes ago, gufomel said:

This could just be coming from coach speak, or it could just be faulty analysis by a reporter.

But with that said, I think it’s reasonable to expect that Ajayi has a healthy-sized role. As large as Howard? Maybe, maybe not. But the reality is I just don’t think Sanders has a chance at being the main guy here, and I don’t think it’ll happen anytime this year (if ever). He’s just not a good runner between the tackles. He’ll always have opportunity to break a big one when he gets space, but I see no path to him being anything but a low volume boom/bust RB and that is not the type of RB I care to roster at this point in the year. I want someone who at least has an opportunity to fall into large volume.

Any high-upside handcuff is more valuable than Sanders right now in my opinion. If those are all rostered in your league, I honestly think a defense with a great fantasy playoff schedule is more valuable. If all of those are rostered, then sure hold Sanders, but I think I’m dropping him in shallow leagues.

All my opinion of course. I’m just not very scared of one of my league mates grabbing Sanders.

Sanders has carved out a decent role for himself. Over 10 games he has averaged:

8.7 carries/game for 37.4 Y/G (4.1 Y/A)

3.1 Targets/G (translating into...)

2.4 Rec/G (77.4% catch rate)

He is also their KR who averages 1.4 KR/G for 22.4 Y/KR as a nice bonus for those of you rewarded for KR yardage and TDs (my league does).

Considering these stats, he has totaled 104.8 points which is an average of 10.48 PPG. That's good enough for a strong flex or RB2 consistent #s depending on your league's size. Considering his draft position, I'm pretty happy with these stats.

• Like 2
On 11/22/2019 at 12:43 PM, Gootz said:

Sanders has carved out a decent role for himself. Over 10 games he has averaged:

8.7 carries/game for 37.4 Y/G (4.1 Y/A)

3.1 Targets/G (translating into...)

2.4 Rec/G (77.4% catch rate)

He is also their KR who averages 1.4 KR/G for 22.4 Y/KR as a nice bonus for those of you rewarded for KR yardage and TDs (my league does).

Considering these stats, he has totaled 104.8 points which is an average of 10.48 PPG. That's good enough for a strong flex or RB2 consistent #s depending on your league's size. Considering his draft position, I'm pretty happy with these stats.

Seatlle has 86% touchback % away from Seattle. Third best rate in NFL.

People drown in a stream with a avg depth of 24".  Variation from the mean

Edited by mar1kle

What is up with Wentz not wanting to check down to miles sanders I don’t get it ? But he will glassy check Down to a slow tight end or even Boston Scott ... every time I watch the Eagles play he takes 2/3 sacks were he easily could have checked down to miles it’s crazy smh... This is frustrating because these couple of checked downs could easily be the difference in a huge game for miles

• Like 1
3 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

... upcoming date in D.C. with the Indigenous Peeples - why do i get the sinking feeling Howard will be back to crash this would be pernts orgy?

🤔

Pretty sure they are at MIA?? I also don't think Howard gets cleared and we are looking at a rock solid RB2 play this week against a soft phin rush D.

• Like 1
Just now, ST. STEVEN said:

Pretty sure they are at MIA?? I also don't think Howard gets cleared and we are looking at a rock solid RB2 play this week against a soft phin rush D.

yes, yes ... good catch, Saint!

ok, rinse/repeat my original thought, but insert Dolphins 🐋

Yeah maybe I am being too obtuse, but saw that Dougie said this much on Howard:

"Pederson added that Howard hasn't regained full strength in his shoulder just yet and will continue to take part in individual drills until he's cleared for contact. Miles Sanders has logged 85 percent of Philadelphia's offensive snaps the past two weeks sans Howard."

Sounds like a possible nerve issue or something of that nature. Either way this can't be any good for a pound it type of back...Sanders could go bonkers this week.

• Like 1

Stranger things have happened (RE Ajayi revenge narrative) but last week I believe he saw 7 snaps...might have been some game flow but I think it is Sanders backfield now--IF Howard can't get cleared. I am def thinking of playing him at RB2 slot of much more proven options, that is how high I think his upside it this week.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Stranger things have happened (RE Ajayi revenge narrative) but last week I believe he saw 7 snaps...might have been some game flow but I think it is Sanders backfield now--IF Howard can't get cleared. I am def thinking of playing him at RB2 slot of much more proven options, that is how high I think his upside it this week.

I'm thinking of flexing him over Amari.   I think Sanders is good for at least 10 with some upside. 

Edited by K197040
5 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I think Sanders is good for at least 10 with some upside. 

Yeah the upside is palpable, as long as Howard is out. Like a couple of TDs and loads of yardage type of upside.

"Dolphins, have allowed the fourth-most PPR per game to opposing RBs through 12 weeks."

• Like 1
3 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Yeah the upside is palpable, as long as Howard is out. Like a couple of TDs and loads of yardage type of upside.

"Dolphins, have allowed the fourth-most PPR per game to opposing RBs through 12 weeks."

Yeah, pretty much everybody is a green-light start against the Fins.  I'm sure those two missed balls to Sanders will def come up during film study this week.  Both could have been for huge gains.