NBC Sports Edge Forums

Miles Sanders 2019 Outlook

JoHo still not cleared for contact, and we have a very generous Jints D rolling into Iggleville Monday night 🤠

forecast of steady rain ... just hoping this kid doesn't carpet one - it's been awhile, ya know? perhaps his stellar play has earned him a bit longer leash, as well (also doesn't hurt that Ajayi and Scott are teh suck).

his ppg are on the steady increase ever since assuming top dog status ... time for the blowup, kiddo 🎅

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
sPeLliNk
  • Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I learned absolutely nothing on the Eagles RB situation today

Howard has looked like himself a boring plodding RB that runs into his Oline and leans forward for a 2-4 yards.  Sanders looks far more dynamic but he's also a rookie and with that comes some roo

Miles Sanders: 5-11, 211 lbs.  Drafted 52nd overall.  4.49 40-yard dash.  4.19 20-yard shuttle.  6.89 3-cone drill.   Lesean McCoy: 5-11, 210 lbs.  Drafted 52nd overall.  4.48 40-yard dash.  4.18

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

JoHo still not cleared for contact, and we have a very generous Jints D rolling into Iggleville Monday night 🤠

forecast of steady rain ... just hoping this kid doesn't carpet one - it's been awhile, ya know? perhaps his stellar play has earned him a bit longer leash, as well (also doesn't hurt that Ajayi and Scott are teh suck).

his ppg are on the steady increase ever since assuming top dog status ... time for the blowup, kiddo 🎅

Just to point out, the Giants D hasn’t been anything close to generous agains the run over the past month since they acquired Leonard Williams. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, tatddy said:

Just to point out, the Giants D hasn’t been anything close to generous agains the run over the past month since they acquired Leonard Williams. 

the overall D is still very suspect, and the Iggles boast one of the better run blocking units in the gig. 

Sanders can rack up ootb, as well ... table is set.   gonna get some. 

2 minutes ago, FrancoJavierM said:

Will start if Howard is out but I just hope they'll let us know before this weekend! 

Yeah I imagine we will get another Fri rule out on Howard? Dude has no feeling in his shoulder after a month, (wild speculation alert) that sounds like bad nerve damage. This is a bit of a weird game to project, but you gotta have faith that Iggles are pissed and that line can shove around almost anyone--the key to me is that the Giants LBs are very slow-footed and I trust Doug to continue to get Sanders out in routes to exploit this...that is the X factor this week imo and can tilt a PPR tie-breaker v another top 20 type option.

On 12/5/2019 at 12:40 PM, tatddy said:

from "weekly matchups" column, we have this:

>> The Giants defense has tackled opponents for a loss on 16 of 75 rushing attempts (21.3% TFL%) since Week 10. -- best in NFL; League Avg: 11.8% <<

... and also this:

>> Miles Sanders has averaged 6.6 yards from scrimmage per touch since Week 6 -- second-best of 35 qualified NFL RBs <<

if Sanders were a more one dimensional cat, like Michel, i'd give slight pause here ... but the kid is getting it done through the air, as well - also logging north of 80% snap share since JoHo got nicked. 

with. confidence. 

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Like 2

Howard expected to be OUT again.

As pastor eludes to, the Gmen have been playing the run pretty damn good (I am guessing that Leonard Williams has helped?) but I trust an angry Iggles offensive line to open up plenty of space Mon night...as well as finding way to get him in space/in the coverage of some slow-footed LBs...just have to keep rolling him out there I think? I sat Carson last week for him in my playoffs and have next to no doubts about doing it again.

• Thanks 1

Lets us Sanders owners hope Howard goes on IR.

The team is doing fine with Sanders as the Bell Cow.   I like his versatility and explosiveness over Howard and I hope the Eagles feel the same.   Sanders should prove it this week against the Giants.

Edited by Sivaro
  • Like 2
9 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

Just got reported that Jordan Howard is indeed going to be out!

Image result for flavor flav yeah boy gif

Yeahhhhhhhhh boiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!  LET'S @^$&%* GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! 😎👍

Sanders can shake up the roster permanently with a good showing!

• Like 1

Seriously, someone mentioned the blocking relating to Sanders and Scott.

Was frustrating as hell to see Scott have his pitch outs blocked perfectly while when it went to Sanders, there were Giants already in the backfield.

But begrudgingly, I have to admit that Scott looked great and has more juice than Sanders.

Edited by K197040
1 hour ago, Cokey said:

I honestly had a gut feeling it would happen just didn’t have the balls to play him 

so you had a feeling that Sanders was going  to miss game time because of a cramp and that Scott would get an extended look.  just stop it

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Panthor said:

so you had a feeling that Sanders was going  to miss game time because of a cramp and that Scott would get an extended look.  just stop it

well, the was this: https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/doug-pederson-hoping-mix-new-face-jay-ajayi-eagles-running-attack-jordan-howard-injury, but i don't recall Cokester linking or sourcing it. 

...anyways, i dismissed it as folderol and coach speak - but, man - f'n Dougie lurves tinkering with that rbbc (Staley, too) - worst part of all this is that they won - they lost 3 straight with Sanders as top dawg (80%+ of snap count in previous 3).

very bad omen, because just about all coaches are the most superstitious lugheads to ever trouble magick foosball.

🤷‍♂️

44 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

well, the was this: https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/doug-pederson-hoping-mix-new-face-jay-ajayi-eagles-running-attack-jordan-howard-injury, but i don't recall Cokester linking or sourcing it. 

...anyways, i dismissed it as folderol and coach speak - but, man - f'n Dougie lurves tinkering with that rbbc (Staley, too) - worst part of all this is that they won - they lost 3 straight with Sanders as top dawg (80%+ of snap count in previous 3).

very bad omen, because just about all coaches are the most superstitious lugheads to ever trouble magick foosball.

🤷‍♂️

No dude I got a feeling something would go left with sanders because I needed him in order to win that’s my point smh 

• Haha 1