NBC Sports Edge Forums

Eric Sogard 2019 Outlook

Leading off the last 10 games for Toronto, hitting .415/8R/3HR/9RBI/2SB...has a hit in all 10 games he's played.  

With Vlad coming in, wondering if anyone thinks he's a good pick-up for someone in need of SS.

Edited by AlexxelA
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Still hitting and leading off for the jays..any thoughts for the ROS?

any concerns on playing time?

He probably figures to lose a lot of playing time when Bo Bichette comes up

4 hours ago, smeeze said:

He probably figures to lose a lot of playing time when Bo Bichette comes up

I'm not an expert on the Blue Jays' infield situation, but couldn't Galvis could be just as likely to lose playing time as Sogard? Sogard's been the better offensive option too. The Blue Jays will make room for Bo once he's ready but it won't be at Sogard's expense if he remains this hot. 

On 6/21/2019 at 5:46 AM, Maxcd99 said:

I'm not an expert on the Blue Jays' infield situation, but couldn't Galvis could be just as likely to lose playing time as Sogard? Sogard's been the better offensive option too. The Blue Jays will make room for Bo once he's ready but it won't be at Sogard's expense if he remains this hot. 

Sogard and Galvis could both lose time. I could see either (or both) of them getting traded. It’s all pretty up in the air.

DH - Tellez

1B - ? (Smoak will probably be dealt)

2B - Biggio

3B - Vladdy

SS - Bichette

On 6/23/2019 at 4:04 AM, smeeze said:

Sogard and Galvis could both lose time. I could see either (or both) of them getting traded. It’s all pretty up in the air.

DH - Tellez

1B - ? (Smoak will probably be dealt)

2B - Biggio

3B - Vladdy

SS - Bichette

Tellez is complete garbage no way Sogard lose time to him

8 hours ago, LivingOnTheEdge said:

Tellez is complete garbage no way Sogard lose time to him

Right now, no doubt. But the team needs to prioritize development of it’s young guys and Sogard is no spring chicken

• 4 weeks later...

Dealt to the Rays. He could see pretty regular playing time out of the box.

With Yandy Diaz (foot) and Brandon Lowe (lower leg) currently stuck on the injured list, Sogard seems most likely to contend with the likes of Joey Wendle, Matt Duffy and Mike Brosseau for primary duties at second and third base.

• 5 weeks later...

With all the trades/injuries/callups etc for the Rays lately, I haven't been able to detect a consistent pattern, but is he playing semi-regularly anymore?   I could use his batting average boost and his positional flexibility is nice, but not if he only plays a couple times per week.   Any Rays fans able to provide some insight on his PT?

Edited by swingbatter