NBC Sports Edge Forums

Alexander Mattison 2019 Outlook

The optimism for cook and Mattison to stay hurt so people can score a FA RB is going to be gross...

mattison was in no need to hurray back last week. Now they need him and he has a golden opportunity. And maybe Cook will be there, to be fair we know nothing of this injury. All the “severe” stuff comes from opinions and blurbs from people who just watch the game like we do. Injury news the next few days will be big. I pray it’s not a GTD with MNF. Woof.

• Like 1
  • Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dalvin Cook

Cook popped up on the injury report  hmm  

Thanks for the update.

9 minutes ago, Tread_Lightly said:

Best case scenario fantasy wise for cook owners who handcuffed mattison —- cook sits out/rests and mattison is cleared by mid-week. 

I would say best case is that this isn’t that bad of an injury and he’s going to be fine. Kind of what happened last time. Cook was hanging around on the sideline shortly after the injury and he seemed in good spirits for what it’s worth. At this stage of the season if he felt like he was about to miss serious time I’m sure he’d be a little more put off by the whole thing or Atleast under team medical examination... but this is just my eye test. No more.

Edited by CitizenJ

[...]  But feel for Cook owners.  Seems to be no clarity at all.  I mean cook didn't play the entire second half but coach says they could of gotten him ball more and he's fine??  Good luck figuring everything out this week guys.

Coach Mike Zimmer said "Yeah, it feels good today" when asked whether Dalvin Cook (shoulder) could play through his injury.

Zimmer added, "I think there wasn’t any issue with him. There were probably a couple of times we could have gotten the ball to him more." It sounds like Cook will be good to go for the Vikings' Week 16 matchup against the Packers. The status of Alexander Mattison (ankle) remains unclear, meaning Mike Boone and to a lesser extent Ameer Abdullah are the handcuffs to own. Note that the Vikings play on Monday night, so be sure to have a backup plan if Cook is ultimately ruled out.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, youngrice said:

[...]  But feel for Cook owners.  Seems to be no clarity at all.  I mean cook didn't play the entire second half but coach says they could of gotten him ball more and he's fine??  Good luck figuring everything out this week guys.

Coach Mike Zimmer said "Yeah, it feels good today" when asked whether Dalvin Cook (shoulder) could play through his injury.

Zimmer added, "I think there wasn’t any issue with him. There were probably a couple of times we could have gotten the ball to him more." It sounds like Cook will be good to go for the Vikings' Week 16 matchup against the Packers. The status of Alexander Mattison (ankle) remains unclear, meaning Mike Boone and to a lesser extent Ameer Abdullah are the handcuffs to own. Note that the Vikings play on Monday night, so be sure to have a backup plan if Cook is ultimately ruled out.

I understand coach-speak and all that jazz, but it's extremely difficult to take Zimmer seriously at this juncture.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, youngrice said:

42 minutes ago, Bingo Bandanas said:

I understand coach-speak and all that jazz, but it's extremely difficult to take Zimmer seriously at this juncture.

This was just Rotoworld Blurbs being Rotoworld Blurbs, the comment about there not being an issue with him and that they could've gotten the ball to him more was explicitly referring to Thielen, not Cook. 

Edited by vercrazy
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, fletch44 said:

No practice reports ? This will probably end up a game time decision making all three backs virtually unstartable

because they play on Monday, their Wednesday is actually their Tuesday. 

but ... he's not playing, folks ... reading alotta spec about a HAS. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

because they play on Monday, their Wednesday is actually their Tuesday. 

but ... he's not playing, folks ... reading alotta spec about a HAS. 

When you say "he's not playing"... which rb are you referring to?

Also just adding that on 12/9... rotoworld posted: "Mattison said he'll be ready to go for Sunday against the Chargers, but the rookie will need to get in a limited practice this week to assure that happens. "

Of course we later saw that Mattison never practiced and was eventually ruled out but I personally think signs pointing to it not being a serious injury and that Mattison plays and wins me a cup. 

6 minutes ago, matthew berry said:

Also just adding that on 12/9... rotoworld posted: "Mattison said he'll be ready to go for Sunday against the Chargers, but the rookie will need to get in a limited practice this week to assure that happens. "

Of course we later saw that Mattison never practiced and was eventually ruled out but I personally think signs pointing to it not being a serious injury and that Mattison plays and wins me a cup. 

Three DNPs last week means he will likely sit again unless he gets a full practice in.

5 minutes ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

Word on the streets high ankle sprain...

Honestly that's good if you have Boone and Mattison and Cook. Would rather not have to deal with 3 possible players.

Also have you guys noticed so many handcuffs got injured in key moments? Gallman, edmunds, ty johnson, mattison. 

Edited by Itachi_is_the_goat
13 hours ago, matthew berry said:

12 hours ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

Word on the streets high ankle sprain...

boomkat.

On 12/16/2019 at 3:30 PM, Tread_Lightly said:

Wrong ! Vikings are still vying for a divisional crown vs packers 

you really think the packers are going to lose to the lions next week? i'm as big a homer as they come but the vikings are not taking the north this year. 

13 minutes ago, MadMaxMariota said:

Not sure how much we can trust Zimmer but fwiw

If I don't see full practices I am NOT taking the chance. Boone showed out and now Mattison is coming back with an injury I think you are looking at a 50/50 split best case scenario. However, if your desperate like me and lost your rbs (jacobs), you could pick up Abdullah so you don't get a zero and take the chance that they give Mattison the bellcow treatment. More of a homerun play and Saturday games can give you a good insight of where you stand by sunday. 

Edited by nmartinez12443
Per Dr. Chao

Alexander Mattison Unlikely To Play

After going back to review video, the Vikings running back appears to suffer a right high ankle sprain just ahead of the two minute warning versus the Lions. He did not practice last week and is unlikely to be ready this week to be able to practice in full or be effective come game time. With news that the Vikings will elect to sit Dalvin Cook, Mike Boone will likely get the carries versus the Packers and fantasy players that road Cook to the championship will have to take a look at Boone or other options.

https://app.profootballdoc.com/#/live

• Like 5
  • Haha 1