Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BOS - Barnes ATM but def fluid with Brasier, id roster barnes over brasier if i had to pick rn, neither have me excited or confident MIN - Its Parker for lions share with Rodgers getting the left

What do you say to the God of Blown Saves?    Not Today (unless you’re Jose Leclerc)

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Eddie Mush said:

Melancon lit up again. Idk who was suggesting him getting closing chances LOL

It was his manager

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, MoonyGray said:

Just when you think he’s going to regain the role. 

 

I give up. You expect me to choose from Robles, Martin or Cishek? LOL

 

Why would you think LeClerc is going to regain the closer's role?  LeClerc can't throw strikes and Chris Martin has done absolutely nothing to lose the role so far.  Managers always say it's temporary when they remove someone from the closer's role in order to avoid toally destroying the pitcher's confidence, but the ex-closer almost never gets the job back. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FootballFan101 said:

 

Why would you think LeClerc is going to regain the closer's role?  LeClerc can't throw strikes and Chris Martin has done absolutely nothing to lose the role so far.  Managers always say it's temporary when they remove someone from the closer's role in order to avoid toally destroying the pitcher's confidence, but the ex-closer almost never gets the job back. 

 

Not unless you sign a guy to 3-4 year contract to be your closer. Leclerc will get his chances.....just doesn't seem like we'll see the pitcher from last year for a few months.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PhilaFanBoy said:

 

Not unless you sign a guy to 3-4 year contract to be your closer. Leclerc will get his chances.....just doesn't seem like we'll see the pitcher from last year for a few months.

 

In my opinion, I honestly wouldn't waste a roster spot holding a non-closer who is going to torch your ratios, just on the off chance that he might get his closer's role back in a few months.  Someone like Moronta (who will actually put up good ratios and is still valuable fantasy-wise even as a non closer) is a way better stash in my opinion.

Edited by FootballFan101
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, FootballFan101 said:

 

In my opinion, I honestly wouldn't waste a roster spot holding a non-closer who is going to torch your ratios, just on the off chance that he might get his closer's role back in a few months.  Someone like Moronta (who will actually put up good ratios and is still valuable fantasy-wise even as a non closer) is a way better stash in my opinion.

 

I agree. I just think there will be some point this season when Leclerc regains the role and is solid. The others relievers they have aren't impressive. But yes, Leclerc is a drop for now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, FootballFan101 said:

Moronta's worth owning even if he's not the closer.  He's a great stash in my opinion.

Yeah doesn't he have like 30 K's in just 16 innings?  That's approaching prime years Betance-like stuff.

Quote

According to MLB.com's TR Sullivan, Chris Martin will serve as the Rangers' closer in Shawn Kelley's absence.

Kelley vacated his ninth-inning responsibilities Thursday when the Rangers placed him on the injured list with an infection. Jose Leclerc served as closer early in the year but was demoted to setup duty after getting off to a dismal start. Manager Chris Woodward has hinted that Leclerc could return to his ninth-inning post at some point, but not yet. With Kelley on the shelf and Leclerc still working to earn back Woodward's trust, Martin should be first in line for saves in the Lone Star State. He's still available in 92 percent of Yahoo fantasy leagues.

Source: MLB.com                              May 9, 2019, 9:08 PM ET

I hope this TR Sullivan guy knows what he is talking about since I have Martin on a few teams already.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Eddie Mush said:

Melancon lit up again. Idk who was suggesting him getting closing chances LOL

 

It was Bochy, but that was also before he went on his scorched-ratio campaign. Screw saving face...I don’t know how you put Melancon back in that role. Whether they put Moronta in it or not, Melancon is a disaster waiting to happen as closer. Heck, he’ll probably end up on the IL anyway. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2019 at 8:16 PM, Magoo said:

Excuses aside, in my 30 plus years of watching baseball I have never seen a manager singlehandedly cause more losses than Bell. The drinking bird could do better.

 

Late response here but this comment is spot on.   He's in way over his head. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Trexpenniebaker said:

That's 3 consecutive crap outings for Holland.

Not a “crap” outing - Donaldson successfully sleuthed that he would get a slider, moved up in the box, and crushed it.  No one else did anything of note against him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Trexpenniebaker said:

So a closer asked to protect a tie game in the 9th inning gives up a HR  and had 2 crap outings before that is nothing to be concerned about?

I'm a little concerned lol, but he has some leash me thinks. Bradley and Hirano have been struggling as of late as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Trexpenniebaker said:

So a closer asked to protect a tie game in the 9th inning gives up a HR  and had 2 crap outings before that is nothing to be concerned about?

I would describe the concern level as “mild” at this point, personally.  He’s still around a 2.00 ERA for the season.  Give Donaldson his due - he’s a very heady hitter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...