Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BOS - Barnes ATM but def fluid with Brasier, id roster barnes over brasier if i had to pick rn, neither have me excited or confident MIN - Its Parker for lions share with Rodgers getting the left

What do you say to the God of Blown Saves?    Not Today (unless you’re Jose Leclerc)

Posted Images

So who's buying Workman then?

Absolutely crazy numbers so far: 20IP, 15BBs, 30Ks, 5ERs, and just 4 Hits! More ERs than hits!

The walks are ugly, K's are great though and when they put wood on they arent doing anything.

We know they like Barnes in the highest leverage spot, so the backup role seems to have switched from Brazier to Workman now?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, swfcdan said:

So who's buying Workman then?

Absolutely crazy numbers so far: 20IP, 15BBs, 30Ks, 5ERs, and just 4 Hits! More ERs than hits!

The walks are ugly, K's are great though and when they put wood on they arent doing anything.

We know they like Barnes in the highest leverage spot, so the backup role seems to have switched from Brazier to Workman now?

 

Basically if you own Barnes- you have to grab Workman in deeper formats.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SpecialFNK said:

 

Swarzak is no longer an option for Seattle. I can't imagine him being an option over anyone else in Atlanta.

 

Wonder if Vizcaino takes over in Seattle, when he is able to come back?

Edited by Fantasy_Goat
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fantasy_Goat said:

 

Wonder if Vizcaino takes over in Seattle 

 

maybe next year. he's done for the year.

Quote

Braves moved RHP Arodys Vizcaino to the 60-day injured list.

Vizcaino is expected to miss the rest of the season after undergoing surgery on his right shoulder to repair a torn labrum and remove scar tissue. The move opens up a 40-man roster spot for Jerry Blevins, who was acquired from the Athletics on Sunday for cash considerations.

Apr 28, 2019, 11:01 AM ET

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fantasy_Goat said:

 

Wonder if Vizcaino takes over in Seattle 

If you mean this year then no.  He had shoulder surgery and is out for the year.  In 2020 he's certainly a possibility to take that gig since there doesn't seem to be much competition going forward.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fantasy_Goat said:

 

I was just editing that, thanks 

He probably will. But unless you are in a dynasty league I don't care about next season 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

Seattle has got to be Elias/Brennan at this point no?

 

seems like only 2 options he can go with based off of Holds n such

Elias wet the bed yesterday.  Not sure why they had him in the game at that point,  but all signs are leading to Strickland as soon as he is back 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fantasy_Goat said:

Why are so many people picking up Marcus Walden for Boston instead of Workman?

 

If you look at the player rater over the season/30 days/15 days he's very highly ranked, mostly boosted by 6 wins.  Same thing happened with Trivino last year.  Probably attracts a fair number of more casual fantasy players who don't do a ton of research, in addition to people looking for a ratio balancing MR who seems to luck into more Ws than your average guy.  Either way they're likely not picking him up in lieu of Workman think he'll close.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Baur10 said:

 

If you look at the player rater over the season/30 days/15 days he's very highly ranked, mostly boosted by 6 wins.  Same thing happened with Trivino last year.  Probably attracts a fair number of more casual fantasy players who don't do a ton of research, in addition to people looking for a ratio balancing MR who seems to luck into more Ws than your average guy.  Either way they're likely not picking him up in lieu of Workman think he'll close.

 

Im assuming a lot of people are thinking he’s going to be in line for saves now, the amount of adds are crazy today in Yahoo!

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, SpecialFNK said:

 

maybe next year. he's done for the year.

 

Well actually Vizcaino's contract is up in 2019. So he is a UFA next season. I guess we could resign him but who knows for sure at this point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kingdavid206 said:

Well actually Vizcaino's contract is up in 2019. So he is a UFA next season. I guess we could resign him but who knows for sure at this point.

 

I wasn't aware of that. looks like just a salary dump.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Elias wet the bed yesterday.  Not sure why they had him in the game at that point,  but all signs are leading to Strickland as soon as he is back 

 

Because he hadn't pitched in 4 days and it was a close game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...