NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Nick Senzel 2019 Outlook

djmax101

2 minutes ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Nice to see him steal that base. Would love to get some SB's with pop from my CI spot. 

I've heard people on here/on fantasy blogs say that he's faster than his raw minor league SB numbers show FWIW. Guess we'll find out but yeah that's nice to see. 

1 hour ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Haha that was me that asked that. I've been waiting to get statcast numbers on Senzel for quite some time. He is FAST. 

He had 26 SB in 57 games at LSU in 2016 (4th in the SEC).

He's stolen bags in the minors are a really solid rate. Last year he had 8 in 44 games. That's about 25 bases over a 150 game pace.

I'm super bullish on him, regardless, I believe he'll be a 20/20 threat for years to come

• Like 3

2 hours ago, to_be_quite_frank said:

Haha that was me that asked that. I've been waiting to get statcast numbers on Senzel for quite some time. He is FAST. 

He had 26 SB in 57 games at LSU in 2016 (4th in the SEC).

He's stolen bags in the minors are a really solid rate. Last year he had 8 in 44 games. That's about 25 bases over a 150 game pace.

I'm super bullish on him, regardless, I believe he'll be a 20/20 threat for years to come

I'm a lot more optimistic about Senzel's fantasy prospects this year over Vlad Jr. The speed alone at CI is worth it's weight in gold. 

nice start to the week although to be totally honest, after the 2-2, 2 hr start, was hoping for a little more in the final line, but......excited to see what this kid can do.  agree it would be great if they just left him leading off against lefties and righties.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, herschel said:

nice start to the week although to be totally honest, after the 2-2, 2 hr start, was hoping for a little more in the final line, but......excited to see what this kid can do.  agree it would be great if they just left him leading off against lefties and righties.

Agreed. Leading off and hitting in front of Votto would really elevate his value. 

9 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

Jeez, some people are just never completely happy. The man hits two home runs back to back but that's not enough for one game.

He did strike out against a position player, which is a little embarrassing.

2 minutes ago, djmax101 said:

He did strike out against a position player, which is a little embarrassing.

No he did not. He grounded into a DP.

Regardless, I'm very happy about the HRs today. Sure the K's are not great but the kid just hit 2 HR in his 4th MLB game.

I think I'm gonna cut him some slack 😂

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Stickfig13 said:

I love to see him working counts instead of hacking away. 

1) He has 4 BB in 4 games so far

2) His first two ABs he only saw 4 pitches total. But he also put 2 balls in the seats.

3) His next 4 ABs he worked the count like he's done for nearly half a decade in the minors. 19 pitches seen in his final 4 ABs. That's 4.75 per AB which is WELL above avg. (Gardner leads the league this year with 4.27 per AB)

Where are you getting that he's "hacking away"

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, to_be_quite_frank said:

2) His first two ABs he only saw 4 pitches total. But he also put 2 balls in the seats.

3) His next 4 ABs he worked the count like he's done for nearly half a decade in the minors. 19 pitches seen in his final 4 ABs. That's 4.75 per AB which is WELL above avg. (Gardner leads the league this year with 4.27 per AB)

I think he was contrasting Senzel's approach with players who hack away.  He specifically praises Senzel's approach.

15 minutes ago, to_be_quite_frank said:

I also interpreted it as the poster saying the exact opposite (i.e. he does not hack away).