NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Mike Williams 2019 Outlook

BrianM

10 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

I have significantly better options on paper, but man I’m tempted to roll with big mike tonight. Matchup is glorious and you just know a massive blowup game is coming at some point soon

I just love that word.  Hope it happens.  I've had this guy on my bench for a reason.  Please let tonight be the night!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, topshelf10 said:

Was dropped in my league. Was looking to pick up

Not after seeing the game tonight. Hardly targeted

Rivers oline is terrible. 

They want to feed.gordon way to much

And honestly ,rivers always been pver rated. Now he is just washed up

He’s a good bench WR and I would hold but not feel confident starting him.

2 minutes ago, nb009 said:

It’s insane how Rivers locks into Keenan Allen. I think all 3 over of his interceptions came from throwing balls to Allen when bracketed

yup. On that last play of the game he had Henry open in the middle and mike will 1 on 1 on the left sideline but decided to throw into double coverage to KA on the right sideline

[...] Philip Rivers is not going anywhere baring an injury he will be the QB for the Chargers until he retires. Philip always has looked at KAllen way so I ain’t using that excuse. The problem is the O line. Pitiful showing, afterall they said the Raider secondary was suppose to be horrible. Didn’t look so last night. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Rivers looks finished to me.

Shakey and on a fairly steep physical decline.

Ok he's passed for a fair amount of yards so far this year, but with the talent he has at receiver a 14/10 td/int ratio is bad.

I don't think that is the O-line either. The runners are getting lanes and making things happen. Rivers just isn't cutting it.

1 hour ago, Lord_Varys said:

Mega bust.  Droppable in 12-team leagues.

Agreed. He is droppable. Very disappointed as I was really high on him. I thought he would be inconsistent, but he hasn’t been. He’s been consistently mediocre to below average. No boom weeks. Goodbye old friend. 

1 hour ago, fjthegrey said:

Rivers looks finished to me.

Shakey and on a fairly steep physical decline.

Ok he's passed for a fair amount of yards so far this year, but with the talent he has at receiver a 14/10 td/int ratio is bad.

I don't think that is the O-line either. The runners are getting lanes and making things happen. Rivers just isn't cutting it.

Rivers has looked bad and his decision making has been awful. That being sad the O-line has been terrible in pass pro. It's really both. O-line is letting Rivers get pressured and Rivers is crumbling under said pressure and making poor decisions. Being able to run block doesn't mean youre getting quality pass pro

I think Rivers just personally dislikes the guy or something. Literally would not even give him a look and he had 1 on 1 coverage A LOT. After what the DET WR's did last week you would think they would at least give him a few more Go Up and Get it Balls but damn. You even saw BMW go up to Rivers after he missed him when he was open endzone saying "Hey Pay Attention to me" and Rivers wouldnt even acknowledge the guy.

Edited by BakedGhost
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...