NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Mike Williams 2019 Outlook

BrianM

12 minutes ago, herschel said:

Harder and harder to hold on to this guy at this point of the season.  Approaching playoffs, would rather stash multiple defenses or any viable RB cuffs.

This seems like his week if it is going to happen.  He is THE downfield threat for the team. #4 in NFL with 18.9 YPC. He just needs the ball.

12 minutes ago, Sternes said:

This seems like his week if it is going to happen.  He is THE downfield threat for the team. #4 in NFL with 18.9 YPC. He just needs the ball.

If I had a nickel for every “this is the week” post in this thread, I could probably by a Charleston Chew.

14 minutes ago, herschel said:

If I had a nickel for every “this is the week” post in this thread, I could probably by a Charleston Chew.

They are playing KC. They had extra time to prepare.  They had an awful game vs Oakland. I'd expect some fireworks to stay in the game.  Cut him if you want for some defense then.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ShowStopper said:

this guy is a beast and severely under utilized. like someone else said I think Rivers doesn't like this guy or something. Put him in KC or Green Bay and this guy is locked in for double digit touchdowns.

I agree with this.  Williams has been explosive with a lot of his touches but unfortunately he's only the 4th or 5th option in the pecking order.  If he doesn't do anything this week then I'll likely drop him because I can't see myself trusting him in an important fantasy playoff matchup.

I’m starting this odd fellow yet again vs KC. He has an exciting matchup, and is long overdue for what would surely be a glorious end zone celebration. Having said that, I fully anticipate a good old fashioned bone job yet again, despite admittedly having fallen victim to numerous prior bonings from this gentleman.

Though, I suppose if one has been boned repeatedly by the same person, over and over again, subsequent bonings can no longer be considered as such. Rather, the bonings slowly morph into some kind of gluttonous, welcomed disappointment. 

Yet, in my lineup the beast resides. Bone away Mr. Williams, I welcome thee.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Lamont Sanford said:

I’m starting this odd fellow yet again vs KC. He has an exciting matchup, and is long overdue for what would surely be a glorious end zone celebration. Having said that, I fully anticipate a good old fashioned bone job yet again, despite admittedly having fallen victim to numerous prior bonings from this gentleman.

Though, I suppose if one has been boned repeatedly by the same person, over and over again, subsequent bonings can no longer be considered as such. Rather, the bonings slowly morph into some kind of gluttonous, welcomed disappointment. 

Same here sir.  I dug my heels in long ago on riding this guy.  Not turning back now only to miss out on that inevitable (albeit probably only) blowup game now.  Cheers mate

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

He has zero touchdowns.  There has to be regression.  This is the week.

Also known as the Monte Carlo Fallacy, the Gambler's Fallacy occurs when an individual erroneously believes that a certain random event is less likely or more likely, given a previous event or a series of events. This line of thinking is incorrect, since past events do not change the probability that certain events will occur in the future.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, herschel said:

Also known as the Monte Carlo Fallacy, the Gambler's Fallacy occurs when an individual erroneously believes that a certain random event is less likely or more likely, given a previous event or a series of events. This line of thinking is incorrect, since past events do not change the probability that certain events will occur in the future.

Except this isn't flipping coins with an even probability. He has a size advantage which aids him in the RZ.  He has also previously proven to be a RZ threat. He also caught double digit TDs last year.  Considering he seems to be healthy the further along the season has gone and given the surrounding factors, I'd say he is likely to more likely to score a TD than finish the season at 0.  No on is saying because he scored previously that means he has to score in the future.  Based on the surrounding circumstances, the fact he hasn't scored is quite the oddity.

There have only been 19 players with 600 yards or more yards and 0 TD in NFL history. There have been 9 wide receivers in NFL history with 700 or more yards and 0 TD. There have been only 4 players in NFL history who have gotten more than 800 yards and didn't get a touchdown: Nicks in 2013, Michael Timpson in 1996, Raymond Berry in 1961 and Al Toon. There has been one receiver who had more than 900 yards and didn't get a touchdown, Al Toon in 1991.   There has never been a 1,000 yard receiver who finished the year with 0 TD, which is his current yardage pace. 

If we believe he will score a touchdown this season, and he has already played 9 games, then it seems the odds would be slanted in his favor in the remaining games to score.  Unless you are saying he won't score the rest of the season?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sternes said:

Except this isn't flipping coins with an even probability. He has a size advantage which aids him in the RZ.  He has also previously proven to be a RZ threat. He also caught double digit TDs last year.  Considering he seems to be healthy the further along the season has gone and given the surrounding factors, I'd say he is likely to more likely to score a TD than finish the season at 0.  No on is saying because he scored previously that means he has to score in the future.  Based on the surrounding circumstances, the fact he hasn't scored is quite the oddity.

There have only been 19 players with 600 yards or more yards and 0 TD in NFL history. There have been 9 wide receivers in NFL history with 700 or more yards and 0 TD. There have been only 4 players in NFL history who have gotten more than 800 yards and didn't get a touchdown: Nicks in 2013, Michael Timpson in 1996, Raymond Berry in 1961 and Al Toon. There has been one receiver who had more than 900 yards and didn't get a touchdown, Al Toon in 1991.   There has never been a 1,000 yard receiver who finished the year with 0 TD, which is his current yardage pace. 

If we believe he will score a touchdown this season, and he has already played 9 games, then it seems the odds would be slanted in his favor in the remaining games to score.  Unless you are saying he won't score the rest of the season?

All I am saying is the fact he has 0 tds so far this season does not increase (nor decrease) the odds that he will get one this week.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, herschel said:

I wasn't going to believe that, but then I noticed it's in an extra big font, so it must be true.

On 11/16/2019 at 3:51 PM, Lamont Sanford said:

LOL! Hilarious dude! Funniest post I've read in a long time!  (By the way, I'm starting him as well)

17 hours ago, jumboJET85 said:

High altitude in Mexico City. Think he’s due for a TD 

I've been reading "he's due for a TD," going on 11 straight weeks now.  In fantasy football, there's no "he's due."  Remember the Julio drought, it happens.  Will he score a TD this season, time will tell.