Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Mike Williams 2019 Outlook


BrianM
 Share

Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, arielk31 said:

I have a feeling he’s gonna get a full share of snaps and go off but I’m still rolling out with a safer option

 

This is my plan as well.  If he has a big game then I'll just be happy that he's solidified a meaningful role going forward.  If he doesn't, then I'm not yelling at myself for doing something stupid.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Someone in my friends-and-family league dropped him last week after the injury news and I scooped him right up.  I actually threw him out there this past weekend over Josh Gordon solely because of his TD upside potential.  I mean, he scored double-digit TDs last season, and now they've lost Hunter Henry?  Rivers has a history of throwing TDs to large outside receivers (Vincent Jackson / Malcom Floyd), so this is a very very ideal situation for Mike Williams.  Even if it were an MCL sprain requiring holding onto him for 4-6 weeks, I would, and I rarely do that for most players.

Edited by Robrain
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Robrain said:

Someone in my friends-and-family league dropped him last week after the injury news and I scooped him right up.  I actually threw him out there this past weekend over Josh Gordon solely because of his TD upside potential.  I mean, he scored double-digit TDs last season, and now they've lost Hunter Henry?  Rivers has a history of throwing TDs to large outside receivers (Vincent Jackson / Malcom Floyd), so this is a very very ideal situation for Mike Williams.  Even if it were an MCL sprain requiring holding onto him for 4-6 weeks, I would, and I rarely do that for most players.

Yes situation is ideal, but we can’t expect DD touchdowns and Henry doesn’t look like it’s season ending. MWill was hurt all of 2017, so does have some history. Holding 4-6 seems unrealistic if he cant suit up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, mjb said:

Yes situation is ideal, but we can’t expect DD touchdowns and Henry doesn’t look like it’s season ending. MWill was hurt all of 2017, so does have some history. Holding 4-6 seems unrealistic if he cant suit up.

 

I don't see why we can't expect that same DD TD upside on a per-game basis once he's back to full health.

Who else in Rivers offense is he realistically competing with for receiving TDs?

And obviously each injury is unique, but my dad had a tibea plateau fracture on his knee, and it came with ligament damage too.  That had him laid up for months.  4-6 weeks seems entirely too optimistic from my experience.  I'd say they'd be lucky to have him (Hunter Henry) back for the last few weeks of the season.

Edited by Robrain
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/16/2019 at 11:14 PM, Robrain said:

 

I don't see why we can't expect that same DD TD upside on a per-game basis once he's back to full health.

Who else in Rivers offense is he realistically competing with for receiving TDs?

And obviously each injury is unique, but my dad had a tibea plateau fracture on his knee, and it came with ligament damage too.  That had him laid up for months.  4-6 weeks seems entirely too optimistic from my experience.  I'd say they'd be lucky to have him (Hunter Henry) back for the last few weeks of the season.

 

Right, because the recovery time needed for your dad in comparison to a professional NFL athlete would of course be the same.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

 

Right, because the recovery time needed for your dad in comparison to a professional NFL athlete would of course be the same.

Bone-healing rate isn't any different between athletes v non-athletes.

Interestingly HH was still able to weight-bear on his TP fracture, which probably means it didn't involve the articular surface and might have needed either a very small procedure or conservative management, hence the 4-6 week timeline. The nasty ones that wipe out the knee cartilage are absolutely a 6+ month injury.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Nguvocity said:

Rivers has a hard on for Keenan and typically throws to him in double coverage.. hence the game closing int.

 

i hope rivers watches some tape and realizes he also has Mike Williams, dude should easily be getting 7+ targets a game.

 

 

Rivers is annoying, thats why he cant win the big games.  Spreading the ball is a concept he doesn't understand.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

 

Yes, ligament damage is certainly ligament damage. Thank you.

 

"Tibial plateau fractures may be associated with injury to nearby structures including vasculature, nerves, ligaments, menisci, and adjacent compartments. While minimal tibial plateau fractures with no associated injuries can be safely managed non-operatively, typically this injury requires orthopedic consultation and operative management."

Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK470593/

Edited by Robrain
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dont know what to do with him. I really tought without tyrell williams this guy was gonna blow. Im riding him as my wr2 but not happy at all

 

is he a hold ? Bye weeks are coming and i’ll probably have to cut someone between him, scary terry, mecole hardman or golden tate

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...