Josh VanMeter 2019 Outlook

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This season in the minors vs lefties: (53 at bats) .358 AVG, .435 OBP, 1.209 OPS WHAT ARE THE REDS DOING

Good enough to bat 4th but not good enough to play everyday....got it.

David Bell is an absolute disaster.

David Bell will put him on ice for his hero, baby, Enrique (Jose) Iglesias.  Nobody loves icing hot streaks more than David Bell.  Oddly enough he was a pathetic player and Lou Piniella wrote his s*** name in nightly and let him play.  He’s not returning the favor to his players. 

Edited by Cmilne23
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, Cmilne23 said:

David Bell will put him on ice for his hero, baby, Enrique (Jose) Iglesias.  Nobody loves icing hot streaks more than David Bell.  Oddly enough he was a pathetic player and Lou Piniella wrote his s*** name in nightly and let him play.  He’s not returning the favor to his players. 

But his dad is Buddy.  So he has that going for him.

• Like 1

Kid can flat out hit, and knows the strike zone too. Even if the Reds don't sell off the parts, he still looks like a good bet to get plenty of run the next 2 months and put himself in great position to be the everyday second basemen next year.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Kid can flat out hit, and knows the strike zone too. Even if the Reds don't sell off the parts, he still looks like a good bet to get plenty of run the next 2 months and put himself in great position to be the everyday second basemen next year.

Steve, you're one of the guys I like to follow when you post. Thanks.

13 minutes ago, street sharks said:

Need that 2B elig. Any chance he'll get 3 more starts sooner than later?

he already has the 2B elig on yahoo. it's that 1B elig that's hangin in the balance; two more appearances there (or five more starts... of which he has none so far) and he's got it.

1 minute ago, zykomonkey said:

he already has the 2B elig on yahoo. it's that 1B elig that's hangin in the balance; two more appearances there (or five more starts... of which he has none so far) and he's got it.

ESPN needs 3 more starts for 2B

Edited by street sharks
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, zykomonkey said:

About YAHOO only but numbers can be translated into ESPNeeze etc.  Anyway I'm sorry but I just can't see the 1B thing.

First: Oranges and apples as in qualifying for this year or re-qualifying for next season for dynasties and keepers and for value in re-drafts.

For this year on Yahoo this platform has him qualified at 2B, 3B and OF (or LF only of the three OF positions for those leagues that use that instead of OF only).

Yahoo criteria:  5 starts and/or 10 appearances (as in one or the other or both) at a position to either qualify at a new position as well as re-acquire a current one for next year.

Baseball Reference has his positions played listed so far -- through July 27th -- as follows:

OF (LF only):  9 starts / 15 appearances.  (Even without pre-call-up status he still is good to go this season and next via either starts or appearances).

2B: 1 start / 7 appearances (Has 2B this year before his call up, needs 3 more appearances and/or 4 more starts at 2B to re-qualify for next year).

3B: 2 starts / 5 appearances (Has 3B this year before his call up, needs 5 more appearances and/or 3 more starts at 3B to re-qualify for next year).

1B: 0 starts / 2 appearances (Does not have 1B eligibility currently and needs 8 more appearances and/or 5 starts to gain it for this year and next).

ESPN just counts appearances only and doesn't separate starts out and needs 10 for this year and I believe 20 to carry eligibility over to next if I recall from past posts here.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
3 hours ago, zykomonkey said:

You may not have meant it this way, but just wanna clarify in case anyone is confused. He doesn't need 5 starts, just two more appearances there. Say he starts only twice there, he'll still have his 10 appearances for Yahoo 1b eligibility. 

3 hours ago, LoGo said:

You may not have meant it this way, but just wanna clarify in case anyone is confused. He doesn't need 5 starts, just two more appearances there. Say he starts only twice there, he'll still have his 10 appearances for Yahoo 1b eligibility. 

No, he needs EIGHT more appearance to get 1B eligibility like I just showed in my post above yours.  Two current appearances plus two more only adds up to four appearances, not ten.

Don't believe me?  Check it out:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/v/vanmejo01.shtml

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
9 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

No, he needs EIGHT more appearance to get 1B eligibility like I just showed in my post above yours.  Two current appearances plus two more only adds up to four appearances, not ten.

Don't believe me?  Check it out:

Take it easy, I read the yahoo page wrong. Thought 8 was how many appearances he had. 

My point was to state that a start counts as an appearance, so it could be 2 starts and 8 appearances for example. 

• Haha 1
38 minutes ago, LoGo said:

Take it easy, I read the yahoo page wrong. Thought 8 was how many appearances he had. 

My point was to state that a start counts as an appearance, so it could be 2 starts and 8 appearances for example. 

Baseball Reference has separate columns for both so yes he "could" have technically started and appeared in 2 games and would have been given credit for same.  But he didn't.  He started zero games.  Again:

29 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Baseball Reference has separate columns for both so yes he "could" have technically started and appeared in 2 games and would have been given credit for same.  But he didn't.  He started zero games.  Again:

I know, yahoo does the same. Again, I saw 8-0 at a glance and wrongly assumed he appeared in 8 (started 0) games at 1b. Not sure why you feel the need to repeatedly belittle me over a simple, honest mistake. 

BOL to your team. 

4 hours ago, LoGo said:

I know, yahoo does the same. Again, I saw 8-0 at a glance and wrongly assumed he appeared in 8 (started 0) games at 1b. Not sure why you feel the need to repeatedly belittle me over a simple, honest mistake. 

BOL to your team. 

I was not trying to belittle anyone.  You just repeated they he could have 2 starts as well and I just wanted the correct info posted.  Please don't get upset over an honest attempt at a correction.  Thank you.

• Like 1