NBC Sports Edge Forums

Trade for Bellinger. Keeper league WHIR

Keep forever league. Essentially 5 x 5.

Would cost me Bryce, Urias, CHernandez. 

Bellinger is 3 years younger than Bryce, and Bryce seems to be settling in as a slighter better version of George Springer (in standard average leagues). 

I can fill the other two spots relatively easily. 

Pull the trigger? Any reason not to?

Thanks. 

Will WHIR at lunch time.

Thanks. Yeah sorry, rushed some of the info. 

We keep 8 forever, so not a dynasty. I really like Urias, but not sure he’ll be kept next season.

Ive had some awful luck so far this year, so trying to get younger/better but still not absolutely tank. 

Short term I’ll have Shaw fill in at middle for Hernandez until TTurner returns or Hiura gets the call. 

Any other thoughts? He’s in win-now mode, I’ve got an eye on next year and beyond.

WHIR

It sound like a lot to give up but to fairly  judge it you'd have to factor in who you'd replace Urias and Hernandez with, and it sounds like you have. If you have those spots covered, I'd rather have Bellinger than Harper going forward, so I'd probably do it.

thanks for your help with mine.

• Like 1

I think it's a tad much as Urias has big upside, especially in keep forever. Though if you didn't plan to keep him, I'd prefer Bellinger over Harper a bit, Hernandez doesn't factor in much in my decision here. Harper it's tough with some monster seasons hes had, but since then he's been a let down and headache most seasons. Surprised he hasn't produced well with Philly, he still may but who knows. Bellinger is younger and you might get a more consistent floor but still room to raise the roof as he turns into a seasoned vet.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Keep forever league. Essentially 5 x 5.

Would cost me Bryce, Urias, CHernandez. 

Bellinger is 3 years younger than Bryce, and Bryce seems to be settling in as a slighter better version of George Springer (in standard average leagues). 

I can fill the other two spots relatively easily. 

Pull the trigger? Any reason not to?

Thanks. 

Will WHIR at lunch time.

Not sure if position matters on your keepers, but read where LAD is putting Bellinger back in the OF & no longer playing 1B. I still like Bellinger though. Wasn't sure if you may like Bellinger over Harper, do to Bellinger having 1B/OF this year, but may not have it next year. 

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Backdoor Slider said:

I’ve owned Bryce since he was 19, so bitter sweet! But made the deal. Felt the other two pieces were worth the upgrade. Thanks all.

Not sure cody is a upgrade over Bryce forever

I prefer Bryce myself

Cody will come back down

5 hours ago, HOOTIE said:

Not sure cody is a upgrade over Bryce forever

I prefer Bryce myself

Cody will come back down

Yeah I worried I was overreacting to one month, so I looked at last 3 years—Bellinger was better. 

I looked at 162 game average, which doesn’t miss Bryce’s MVP season or ding him for injuries—Bellinger was better.

Bellinger is 3 years younger.

If you think this was about one month, you’re severely underrating Bellinger.