NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Rashaad Penny 2019 Outlook

38 minutes ago, austin316 said:

I've always been a Carson fan. Never thought I'd be excited to pickup Penny before, but this is adding up to a good opportunity for him if his hammy allows it.

Yep. I was expecting Carson to be an RB1 this year but someone dropped Penny recently and I had to snag him. 

• Like 1

needs to be more willing to get 3 yards if 3 yards is all that is there, and pick and choose when to bounce outside like he did against Steelers, Also, with Carson gotta wonder if hyper focusing on not fumbling is going to affect his performance any? I have no idea how to get a metric for this, and honestly would be really hard to analyze/quantify outside of just asking players who have had fumble issues in the past if it made them tentative and negatively affected there performance.

I’m really surprised people think Carson will just straight up get benched for Penny. Wasn’t the play here always that Carson is injury prone and Penny would take over in the event of a somewhat inevitable Carson injury (which is ironic in itself, considering Penny has been the more inured one of the two since he was drafted)?

By all accounts, Carson is flat out better than Penny. I own Penny and not Carson, and even I can admit this. The guy has fumble issues as of late, and while fumbling is a huge deal, this specific case doesn’t yet appear to be egregious to the point of Penny taking over and getting bulk of carries. Sure, it might happen mid-game while Penny is on all of our benches, but I just can’t see us going into a week ever feeling confident about starting Penny while Carson is still around.

Am I missing something about Carson’s performance thus far outside of the fumbles?

• Thanks 1

I love Carson and all summer he outplayed Penny, however Carrol isn't going to tolerate the fumbles much longer. Of course he supports him publicly and internally, however Carrol speaks so well he could have a future in politics. CJ Prosise was getting a lot of opportunity and he is a JAG.

Penny ripped off an explosive TD in Week 2 and has a 1st Round pedigree and draft equity for the organization. If they have an excuse to use him, they will.

I have Carson in 40% of leagues Penny in one league (not handcuff) and I am a Carson truther and even I see the writing on the wall here.

1 hour ago, nb009 said:

I’m really surprised people think Carson will just straight up get benched for Penny. Wasn’t the play here always that Carson is injury prone and Penny would take over in the event of a somewhat inevitable Carson injury (which is ironic in itself, considering Penny has been the more inured one of the two since he was drafted)?

By all accounts, Carson is flat out better than Penny. I own Penny and not Carson, and even I can admit this. The guy has fumble issues as of late, and while fumbling is a huge deal, this specific case doesn’t yet appear to be egregious to the point of Penny taking over and getting bulk of carries. Sure, it might happen mid-game while Penny is on all of our benches, but I just can’t see us going into a week ever feeling confident about starting Penny while Carson is still around.

Am I missing something about Carson’s performance thus far outside of the fumbles?

Yes, he was tackling himself last game in addition to the fumbles.

There is a scenario where Penny takes over because he’s a better athlete than Carson who is a meh from an explosiveness standpoint. Problem with Penny is he has questionable vision and had showed worse balance than Carson. Those areas can be improved while athleticism cannot. Problem is it doesn’t look like Penny is much better in those areas but you never know. 

2 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

Penny kind of sucks. But if Carson keeps losing the ball like an idiot, the Seahawks have no choice. Hopefully butterfingers loses another fumble this weekend.

Me too. I wasn't targeting him at all but ended up with him on my bench as a value pick. His path to relevance in my mind was a Carson injury so it's frustrating Penny is the one already dinged up. I can't see Carson being dumb enough to keep fumbling and hand Penny the job but we shall see I guess

1 hour ago, nb009 said:

No. You aren't missing anything. The guy has 3 lost fumbles in three games and he's on pace for a whopping 16 lost fumbles for the year. That gets you flat out benched. So basically it's wait and see until Carson fumbles again or gets injured. Other than that, he's a bye week filler at best.

Edited by hangin n wangin

1 minute ago, Tribe Called Questionable said:

If Carson fumbles today, Penny's value may never be higher

I think there’s a much better chance Carson protects the ball and plays well today and Penny’s window closes a little. Wish this dummy could get on the field and show out while Carson is in the doghouse 

1 hour ago, owenmills said:

I think there’s a much better chance Carson protects the ball and plays well today and Penny’s window closes a little. Wish this dummy could get on the field and show out while Carson is in the doghouse 

No one in this backfield is worth more than a flex after this week.  Chris Carson fumbles too much and Penny is just as good maybe better if given the lions share.

• Haha 3

On 9/29/2019 at 1:36 PM, kraftwrk_5 said:

Droppable now for non-Carson owners provided Carson can start holding onto the football? I’m starting to lose patience with this guy.

Droppable? Huh?

If you carried him through this last game, why not a little longer? He should be back this week.

On 9/29/2019 at 1:36 PM, kraftwrk_5 said:

Droppable now for non-Carson owners provided Carson can start holding onto the football? I’m starting to lose patience with this guy.

Here’s the thing who else you guys going to grab? Most of the top WR prospects that popped are already gone. I mean you will probably drop him for what another long shot RB or WR? I’m holding this guy the majority of the year because he is one of backups that could be a league winner. Carson is already having fumbling issues and he is usually banged up most of the year. Patience young grasshopper. 

• Thanks 1