Rashaad Penny 2019 Outlook

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

💚 CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!1?!? 💚

Rashaad might be catching up to Carson because of the fumbles, but he's still got to finish him. I think we know how this will end...  

Posted Images

On 10/2/2019 at 5:40 AM, FouLLine said:

Penny is honestly just as good as Carson... Carson is injury prone and prone to fumble.  But that being said they both are going to step on each others touches.  Plus Seattle is finally realizing they are a better team when they put the ball in Russ' hands rather than these RBs.

What's that now?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I grabbed Penny after the 2 fumble game by CC as in insurance policy but after watching CC beast back to back weeks it’s drop city. He doesn’t pound it he just leans in. He’s far from the worst I’ve seen but I have seen enough.. lol someone was saying Penny was equal to CC.. hilarious I tell you.

• Like 1

Started him and he got me 7 points. It's still hard to say if that was the right call. I had Frank Gore who most experts were saying I should start instead, but I benched him for Penny because I'm picturing the Titans run D virtually shutting out Gore this week.

Edited by Jags02
7 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

He’s a handcuff. Anyone who owns this guy is just an vulture waiting for scraps.

i own him but just saying.

There’s also nothing to suggest he would get Carson-level workloads if Carson went down. In 2018 Carson missed 2 games and Penny had 9 & 7 touches in those games.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Yikes.  I never thought he was gonna take over the backfield, but I did think he would have some standalone value.  Does not look like I was correct.

Yeah...I think if they are comfortable ahead, he might get more work.  But in close games, its' clear who they want Carson to have the ball as much as possible.  And with as heavily as they rely on the run, it's hard to see many blowouts.

On 10/3/2019 at 10:55 PM, cs3 said:

What's that now?

It's a long season.  But way to sneak in your last chance to gloat when Penny just came off the IR into a short week while Carson luckily and likely on Thursday got half of his total receiving TDs by season's end (if not the entirety of his receiving TDs).  I hope you saw that receiving TD cause it was brutal and he nearly blew it.  Carson is one of the more over rated RBs in these forums.  

In PPR Carson is a total sell high.  Penny (who I will say did look a little fat on Thursday) will continue to eat into his workload as the season progresses... And I'm not advocating that Penny is some amazing must own player.  The next few weeks are not looking good for Carson again he's still fumble and injury prone as well as he's a bad receiving RB with a good talent looming in the wings and a rough schedule for running backs coming up.

So while Carson runs hard and can bang it between the tackles way better than Penny, Penny has more big play ability.  Penny has 12% of his touches this season go for 20+ yards compared to Carson's 2.75%.

If someone like most in here and the Carson thread want to value him as an RB1 then you could really make a good trade now that by the end of the season could look extremely lopsided in your favor.

Edited by FouLLine
  • Haha 2

My guess is this thread is on its way to a shutdown by the mods, as useless as it's been the last 5 pages or so.

Last time I checked, this is the Rashaad Penny thread, so thoughts about Rashaad Penny belong here, while those touting Carson and running Rashaad Penny down would be more appropriately posting their thoughts in the Carson thread. All associated pissing contests and accompanying waste of time would then be avoided.

That's the general thrust of the not-so-terribly-complex rules here as I understand them.

• Like 5