Rashaad Penny 2019 Outlook

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

đź’š CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!1?!? đź’š

Rashaad might be catching up to Carson because of the fumbles, but he's still got to finish him. I think we know how this will end...  

Posted Images

Jury is out on him. I think he’d step in and they’d give him a big workload and he could be an RB2 with perhaps some RB1 upside. A lot of people think he sucks and wouldn’t even be worth rostering if Carson went down 

5 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Jury is out on him. I think he’d step in and they’d give him a big workload and he could be an RB2 with perhaps some RB1 upside. A lot of people think he sucks and wouldn’t even be worth rostering if Carson went down 

I'm not really fond of him either, but I do have my Carson cuffed with Penny . Volume trumps all in fantasy . This Seattle backfield is a fantasy gold mine. With playoffs coming around, trying to secure my squad as best possible. 

23 minutes ago, Krambone said:

Carson is the truth

Penny is a fraud.

Penny is more explosive/talented

Carson is more refined and a true pro.

If Penny could learn to hit the holes properly he could be RB1 if Carson were to go down. Until then... RB2

• Like 2

One of the better handcuffs out there without a doubt. He is being overlooked. I don't care if he gets just 2 touches compared to 30 for Carson. All he needs is Carson roll his ankle and Penny is at least a volume RB2, possibly even more than that. And fwiw I think Carson's reckless style and injury history makes Penny a sneaky bet to pay off down the stretch.

• Like 2
On 11/23/2019 at 7:23 PM, owenmills said:

spacer.png

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, sSektor said:

@Gohawks

pls explain this

@Gohawks opinion on penny is pretty clear.  Boom bust runner who happened to boom a few times alongside Carson making some mistakes....bad mix. Carson's earned benefit of the doubt with basically 14-16 ppg average but this is real concerning this can happen at any time going forward

2 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

@Gohawks opinion on penny is pretty clear.  Boom bust runner who happened to boom a few times alongside Carson making some mistakes....bad mix. Carson's earned benefit of the doubt with basically 14-16 ppg average but this is real concerning this can happen at any time going forward

I have zero confidence in Penny repeating this especially considering how little the passing game was used today. But I figured Carson would have been more effective against a stout Eagles run defense.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, sSektor said:

@Gohawks

pls explain this

Carson fumbled again and on the next play didn’t get credited for a fumble but you can argue it was his fault.

Not good at all. However, there was a third run down in the game where Carson came in for Penny, got the first, and immediately took himself out of the game. After one play. Kind of makes me think he isn’t 100% because it just makes no sense to come in for one play and take yourself out. 

The issue for Carson is for the first time Penny actually looked good running the ball. Carson also fumbled like I mentioned above. 

I wouldn’t be worried just yet. Penny wasn’t perfect either with a horrible missed block that led to a sack. Again though, Penny looked pretty nice that game. Still think it’s Carson’s backfield but with a shorter lease than ever before. 

• Like 2

Wish the trade deadline hadn’t passed so I could trade this guy to some idiot who thinks the job is his now.

For those of us (like myself) who drafted Penny in hopes that he would have standalone value (based on the theory that he would take Mike Davis’s vacated touches) or the oft chance his offseason play/draft pedigree won him the job, it should have been clear after about like week 2 or 3 that the only value he held was as a handcuff in the event of a Carson injury, which doesn’t seem like it’s happening.

3 minutes ago, nb009 said:

Wish the trade deadline hadn’t passed so I could trade this guy to some idiot who thinks the job is his now.

For those of us (like myself) who drafted Penny in hopes that he would have standalone value (based on the theory that he would take Mike Davis’s vacated touches) or the oft chance his offseason play/draft pedigree won him the job, it should have been clear after about like week 2 or 3 that the only value he held was as a handcuff in the event of a Carson injury, which doesn’t seem like it’s happening.

Pete loves Carson, but even he knows turnovers lose games. Time for more Penny..

7 hours ago, Gohawks said:

I wouldn’t be worried just yet. Penny wasn’t perfect either with a horrible missed block that led to a sack. Again though, Penny looked pretty nice that game. Still think it’s Carson’s backfield but with a shorter lease than ever before. 

It looked like Penny may have been turning around expecting a pass, either that or he did  mess up horribly bad there and miss the block. If it was a missed block I have no idea what he was thinking.

Soory about format, copy and pasted this...

Penny just needs touches.

In his 4 games this year with less than 8 touches, here are Penny’s stats:

18c, 50y, 2.8ypc, 0 TDs

In his 3 games with 8 carries or more:

32c, 246y, 7.7ypc, 2 TD

And in his only start last year: 12c, 108y, 9.0ypc, 1 TD

When he gets 8+ carries not only has his overall production gone up, so has his efficiency. Predictably. When he has gotten over 12 carries per game he’s averaging over 9.0ypc and scoring .75 TD per game. 

Unleash this 1st round talent Pete, the game is up.

4 hours ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

It looked like Penny may have been turning around expecting a pass, either that or he did  mess up horribly bad there and miss the block. If it was a missed block I have no idea what he was thinking.

That's exactly what he was doing. However, he shouldn't have been expecting a pass. 

To me, it seemed very clear that the defender who sacked Wilson was the job of Penny. Wilson looked directly to that side and saw that Penny had him picked up and then Wilson proceeded to continue to go through his reads. The second Wilson looks away to go through his reads Penny doesn't even attempt a block and goes to run a route. Wilson proceeded to get flat out blind sided. Seemed like Wilson expected that side to be blocked. 

Granted, not nearly as bad as the fumbles but still a pretty big mistake. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, yanksman said:

Didn't Penny have a horrible fumble the week before?

Sure but Carson is averaging a fumble roughly every 33 touches. That's insane. Everything stands in terms of the fit for the offense, talent, and etc. In that, Carson is much better (although Penny has shown great improvement). 

The problem is, you just can't keep losing the ball like that. Carson is great but he's no Zeke, Kamara, Barkley, and etc. His talent isn't enough to outweigh fumbling every damn game. Hell, I don't know if anyones is. He's on pace for double digit fumbles this year. 

2 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Sure but Carson is averaging a fumble roughly every 33 touches. That's insane. Everything stands in terms of the fit for the offense, talent, and etc. In that, Carson is much better (although Penny has shown great improvement). 

The problem is, you just can't keep losing the ball like that. Carson is great but he's no Zeke, Kamara, Barkley, and etc. His talent isn't enough to outweigh fumbling every damn game. Hell, I don't know if anyones is. He's on pace for double digit fumbles this year. 

It is pretty insane.