Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Rashaad Penny 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

I enjoyed the hell out of it.  We needed points there big time to seal it.  I’d be ecstatic if Penny took over the job and balled out.  I simply just gave my observations.  You guys are sensitive AF.

It is odd that after maybe his best game of his career where he was a huge part of their win, you'd make such a negative post about him. I'm not sure you said one positive thing about him in that whole post. You seahawks fans really hate the guy, wow

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

💚 CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!1?!? 💚

Rashaad might be catching up to Carson because of the fumbles, but he's still got to finish him. I think we know how this will end...  

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:


I don’t see where you guys are coming from.  I don’t use twitter but perhaps you are getting this sentiment from there?  I just call it like I see it.  Gonna check out of here though.  Good luck peeps hope Penny get’s going for you!

 

Just go back and look at your post. Full of negative comments that have no basis in reality.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

 

I'm sure they would enjoy a Penny breakout, but they will never be the one's to see it coming. Seahawks fans wrote off the pick the day it was made. It was labeled a reach at a position not needed the most. Carson has performed well, so Seahawks fans have used this to justify the hate of the Penny. If Penny breaks out, Seahawks fans will be the last to admit/accept it and won't do so until they are slapped in the face by it.

 

Just look at your post man. You are knocking a guy for not seeing a defender coming on a 58 yard TD run, even though Penny made the defender look like a fool. It's painfully obvious Seahawks fans have an extreme bias against Penny and his ability.

 

Yeah we've seen this bias on these boards hardcore all season.

 

They still try to deny Carson's fumbling issues which I'm pretty sure he leads all RBs in fumbles this season as well as over the last two seasons.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

 

Just go back and look at your post. Full of negative comments that have no basis in reality.


This is exactly why I was gonna excuse myself from this lol.  But here goes.

 

Half of my post was a paraphrase OF PENNY’S OWN WORDS from his post game presser.  Go watch it, since you clearly haven’t.  Yet here you are with “no basis in reality” 

 

The player, who’s name is titling this thread, his words from YESTERDAY have no basis in reality?  
 

???

 

And the other half of my post is accurate as well.  

Take off the Penny colored glasses and be objective.  You look ridiculous.

 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:


This is exactly why I was gonna excuse myself from this lol.  But here goes.

 

Half of my post was a paraphrase OF PENNY’S OWN WORDS from his post game presser.  Go watch it, since you clearly haven’t.  Yet here you are with “no basis in reality” 

 

The player, who’s name is titling this thread, his words from YESTERDAY have no basis in reality?  
 

???

 

And the other half of my post is accurate as well.  

Take off the Penny colored glasses and be objective.  You look ridiculous.

 

 

I don't have Penny glasses lmao. I own Carson in dynasty and redraft. The fact that Seahawks fans refuse to acknowledge anything Penny does well is comical though.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

 

I don't have Penny glasses lmao. I own Carson in dynasty and redraft. The fact that Seahawks fans refuse to acknowledge anything Penny does well is comical though.


so you just gonna skip over the “no basis in reality” thing huh

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:


so you just gonna skip over the “no basis in reality” thing huh

 

TBH, I don't really care what any player says in press conferences. I'm not invested in the Seahawks enough to overanalyze meaningless press conference quotes, that's what fans are for. I do care about what takes place on the field however, and Seahawks fans have been consistently off base regarding what is actually taking place on the field.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

 

TBH, I don't really care what any player says in press conferences. I'm not invested in the Seahawks enough to overanalyze meaningless press conference quotes, that's what fans are for. I do care about what takes place on the field however, and Seahawks fans have been consistently off base regarding what is actually taking place on the field.

K, long as you know you were wrong. 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:


This is exactly why I was gonna excuse myself from this lol.  But here goes.

 

Half of my post was a paraphrase OF PENNY’S OWN WORDS from his post game presser.  Go watch it, since you clearly haven’t.  Yet here you are with “no basis in reality” 

 

The player, who’s name is titling this thread, his words from YESTERDAY have no basis in reality?  
 

???is wh

 

And the other half of my post is accurate as well.  

Take off the Penny colored glasses and be objective.  You look ridiculous.

 

I listened to his whole presser and that of Russell on Penny. Your statements add a layer of judgmental criticism to a young man who admitted to making mistakes and is working to do things the right way. (Didn't see your judgment on his hiring a nutritionist, or his love of broccoli...must not fit your predefined narrative that once a dirt bag always a dirt bag.). He is in his early 20's and the presser shows a increased maturity and transparency on his part.  Cant we just enjoy the ride?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

K, long as you know you were wrong. 👍

 

Wrong about what? Seems like you are just in this in an attempt to "win" your side of the argument rather than come to an understanding of truth. Makes sense, considering this aligns with everything I have described regarding Seahawks fan's beliefs concerning Penny. Have a good day.

Edited by MJJ28
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MJJ28 said:

 

I'm sure they would enjoy a Penny breakout, but they will never be the one's to see it coming. Seahawks fans wrote off the pick the day it was made. It was labeled a reach at a position not needed the most. Carson has performed well, so Seahawks fans have used this to justify the hate of the Penny. If Penny breaks out, Seahawks fans will be the last to admit/accept it and won't do so until they are slapped in the face by it.

 

Just look at your post man. You are knocking a guy for not seeing a defender coming on a 58 yard TD run, even though Penny made the defender look like a fool. It's painfully obvious Seahawks fans have an extreme bias against Penny and his ability.

I was not going to comment on these posts because it is borderline trolling but since you continue to push the narrative post after post I feel compelled to do so.

Let me get this straight. Your theory is that fans of a team are rooting for their prized pick to fail? Let me tell you something as someone who lives in Seattle. Every single fan I know and on social media was rooting for Penny to succeed the second he got drafted. Did a lot of them like the pick? No it was not a good pick. However, no one was rooting for him to fail. That's just dumb. Also, no one wrote off the pick. Fans are excited for first round picks no matter what.

You go around this thread accusing people of not having facts when the reality is you've been running around with a tinfoil hat acting like fans of a team want their own players to fail. Give me a break. The problem Seahawks fans have with Penny is he has not lived up to his expectations and his ability to run between the tackles has been awful. He also clearly came into last season lazy. As i've stated, he's looked significantly better as time has gone on but his ability is still TBD while we know who Carson is. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, paulwall29 said:

 

Lol Carson outperformed Penny in every combine category besides the 40 time. He was a top 3 performer in his draft class(a class that included CMC, Kamara, Dalvin Cook, Kareem Hunt, Aaron Jones and Marlon Mack) in bench press, vertical jump and broad jump. You are right that he is not as fast but he is far from an "average athlete" and anyone that has watched him play would know that. Please don't come into these forums spewing garbage.

Nothing about this highlight reel is average and he definitely looks explosive:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e64qwX0F9uI

 

 

I have watched him plenty and stand by what I said. You can disagree and have every right to do so. But to call a take garbage just because you disagree shows how insecure you are. 

And LOL at showing a highlight reel. Everyone can look that up even if you don’t watch the guy play regularly. It added nothing to your argument. It shows what Carson is. A guy who runs with power and punishes tacklers. He’s decisive and hits the hole hard. But he’s not wowing with acceleration/speed/moves.  He’s just ok in those categories. And LOL at cherry picking stats at the underwear olympics.

Edited by jsch08
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

 

Wrong about what? Seems like you are just in this in an attempt to "win" your side of the argument rather than come to an understanding of truth. Makes sense, considering this aligns with everything I have described regarding Seahawks fan's beliefs concerning Penny. Have a good day.


cringe

Link to post
Share on other sites

Stop arguing. Coming to these forums sometimes is like walking into a bar at 2 am with everyone looking for a fight.

People come to these forums to get info and insights.

My take on Penny is that he's been treated by the team as the bastard child and not given a chance to prove himself this year. My take could be wrong, but that is how I see the situation.

This last game he looked good. Carson continues to fumble.

What does that mean? None of us know since we don't have access to the locker room or the coaches office. Do the players support Penny? Don't know. Do the coaches want him to play more? Don't know. What's the feeling in the locker room? Don't know.

I have been holding Penny on my bench all season as a handcuff and I have no idea if he now has enough value to start next week in a flex.

Can anyone add something that brings clarity to the situation? All I can say Penny has looked better as the year has progressed. That's what we all have seen.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

The problem Seahawks fans have with Penny is...


Boom, and there it is.

Seahawks fans have a problem with Penny and it clouds their judgment. Nobody else really gives a damn about Penny, they just want to accurately assess and evaluate the situation. This thread is littered with obviously biased posts, so it would be nice if we could just move on from that stuff.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Blazer said:

Stop arguing. Coming to these forums sometimes is like walking into a bar at 2 am with everyone looking for a fight.

People come to these forums to get info and insights.

My take on Penny is that he's been treated by the team as the bastard child and not given a chance to prove himself this year. My take could be wrong, but that is how I see the situation.

This last game he looked good. Carson continues to fumble.

What does that mean? None of us know since we don't have access to the locker room or the coaches office. Do the players support Penny? Don't know. Do the coaches want him to play more? Don't know. What's the feeling in the locker room? Don't know.

I have been holding Penny on my bench all season as a handcuff and I have no idea if he now has enough value to start next week in a flex.

Can anyone add something that brings clarity to the situation? All I can say Penny has looked better as the year has progressed. That's what we all have seen.


Agreed. It seems pretty clear Penny has ability, but hasn’t earned the trust of the staff yet, for a variety of reasons. However, it appears that might be changing. Going forward, I’d expect expanded opportunity for Penny, and given his history of production when seeing a legitimate carry total, it’s not unreasonable to believe there is a decent chance of him capitalizing.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

the problem with penny is he dances too much, doesnt hit the hole hard, and looks sluggish on his runs (not all of them). 

from the games i've seen, carson looks like hes shot out of a cannon, doesn't hesitate and hits the hole with ridiculous tenacity. 

penny has looked awful this year. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Penny has better average DYAR and DVOA than Carson, better raw stats per carry/efficiency, higher explosive and long play rate, higher scoring rate, lower fumble rate.
 

Penny is averaging 5.9ypc. Carson is averaging 4.2ypc.

 

When given 8+ carries Penny is absolutely dominant, averaging an absurd 7.7ypc in those 3 games this year, and 9.8ypc in his lone start last year.
 

As alluded to originally, Penny has a TD rate just more than 2x greater than Carson. And Penny has a fumble almost 1/2x that of Carson.

 

The main argument for Carson is his success rate being higher than Penny’s. Aka, he more consistently gets forward yards. Carson is good at this, and his success rate is 57%, near the league leader A Jones at 61%. Penny is at 51%. Unfortunately, this stat doesn’t translate to team or RB success. Here are the best RBs at the high end of the spectrum, near Carson: Zeke, A Jones, M Ingram. Here are the best RBs at the low end of the spectrum, near Penny: McCaffery, Cook, Chubb. Pick your poison, it’s a meaningless stat and a baseless argument.

 

Do your research - the more you feed Penny the better he does, predictably. And even without being fed much he is outperforming Carson.

 

 

Edited by LostAtSea
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jsch08 said:

 

I have watched him plenty and stand by what I said. You can disagree and have every right to do so. But to call a take garbage just because you disagree shows how insecure you are. 

And LOL at showing a highlight reel. Everyone can look that up even if you don’t watch the guy play regularly. It added nothing to your argument. It shows what Carson is. A guy who runs with power and punishes tacklers. He’s decisive and hits the hole hard. But he’s not wowing with acceleration/speed/moves.  He’s just ok in those categories. And LOL at cherry picking stats at the underwear olympics.

 

I literally just supported my argument with hard evidence. You on the other hand have made a weak argument with no supporting evidence. You are a fool if you don't think people that perform at the top of their position at the combine aren't athletic. Calling it the underwear olympics just adds to your baseless argument. And yes, a highlight reel can absolutely show off a players athleticism, which the one I linked in my post does. There is a reason Pete Carroll has given the majority of the touches for the past 2 seasons to Carson; it's because he's athletic and good at football (his fumbling problem has nothing to do with his athleticism).

Edited by paulwall29
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Penny is all talent and no heart.

 

Carson had the fire succeed and did.  He will always end up winning at the competition for the starting job because he wants it.  Carson is a violent runner, he will fumble, he will get hurt, but he will hit the holes. IF they decide to use Penny more it is understandable, but at best this turns into a RB committee for Penny.

Carson is not going to go away, nor should he. Penny is what he is, a good back that will never pan out to the 1st round pick Seattle gave up for him.  IMO

See Denver, Lindsey and Freeman.   

Edited by Sivaro
Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's one guy's opinion, for whatever it's worth.

Expert Note

Regardless of the horrible matchup versus the Vikings this week and even regardless of whether Penny actually did steal the job from Chris Carson, he will be start-worthy in Week 13 and perhaps an RB1 come fantasy football playoff time. Carson was ripped from the game plan again after two more fumbles and Penny performed well with 129 yards on 14 carries against a stingy Eagles' front seven. You'd have to think that if he takes over Carson's workload, he'd absolutely smash Rams, Panthers and Cardinals in Weeks 14 through 16.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, paulwall29 said:

 

I literally just supported my argument with hard evidence. You on the other hand have made a weak argument with no supporting evidence. You are a fool if you don't think people that perform at the top of their position at the combine aren't athletic. Calling it the underwear olympics just adds to your baseless argument. And yes, a highlight reel can absolutely show off a players athleticism, which the one I linked in my post does. There is a reason Pete Carroll has given the majority of the touches for the past 2 seasons to Carson; it's because he's athletic and good at football (his fumbling problem has nothing to do with his athleticism).

 

Fumbling is literally the worst issue a RB can have.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...