NBC Sports Edge Forums

Rashaad Penny 2019 Outlook

9 minutes ago, Blazer said:

Carson is not the better runner or pass catcher. Carson's yards per run are less than Penny's. He's a plodder and a fumbler. Penny has way more talent and more juice and shake and bake as a runner and pass catcher. If Penny is on your WW and you don't pick him up, good luck against the Penny owner when he beats you in the FF playoffs! :)

You obviously don’t watch football. I haven’t seen the broken tackles and yards after contact stats in a few weeks but last time I seen them Carson was right at the top of the list in both. He’s a beast and he looks like it when actually watching his film. Any time I’ve ever watched Penny in games he is the one that looks like he Plodder and shows no elusiveness. Fumbles are definitely a knock on Carson and could lead to a timeshare or possibly more for Penny depending on how he does with his opportunities but so far from what Ive seen Carson is the better runner this year and last.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

💚 CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!1?!? 💚

Rashaad might be catching up to Carson because of the fumbles, but he's still got to finish him. I think we know how this will end...  

Posted Images

Just now, OrangeAggie said:

....that said, I own both guys and will be benching both guys this week. Hopefully we'll have more clarity on the situation when playoffs start in week 14. 

Exactly. I’ll have equal shares of both and I just hope one or the other takes over. Until then, I will try to bench or just cross my fingers when forced to play one or the other.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Silkk1211 said:

Exactly. I’ll have equal shares of both and I just hope one or the other takes over. Until then, I will try to bench or just cross my fingers when forced to play one or the other.

Now now; enough of this smart and logical stuff!!

• Like 1
Just now, gsiegel said:

Now now; enough of this smart and logical stuff!!

Well some people actually do need the obvious pointed out. Gotta love when people act like they know exactly what’s going to happen in situations like these especially.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’ve got Carson and the last thing I want is for a 50-50 timeshare. Either Penny wins the job outright or I’m not interested in holding him. Is there a chance he takes it? Or is the ceiling a timeshare? 

In must win mode, I’m not sure either are startable and I’d be inclined to play a guy like Jonathan Williams or even Benny Snell instead.

12 minutes ago, Silkk1211 said:

You obviously don’t watch football. I haven’t seen the broken tackles and yards after contact stats in a few weeks but last time I seen them Carson was right at the top of the list in both. He’s a beast and he looks like it when actually watching his film. Any time I’ve ever watched Penny in games he is the one that looks like he Plodder and shows no elusiveness. Fumbles are definitely a knock on Carson and could lead to a timeshare or possibly more for Penny depending on how he does with his opportunities but so far from what Ive seen Carson is the better runner this year and last.

Carson literally broke the record for broken tackles in one game (21) in the modern stats era, so you sir, are correct.

Also, the seahawks goal was to get carson 40-50 catches and Carrol said that Carson has the best receiving hands on the team lol. Maybe "coachspeak" but have never heard a word about Penny's hands.

Silkk owned ya brah.

Edited by austin316
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, CooL said:

I’ve got Carson and the last thing I want is for a 50-50 timeshare. Either Penny wins the job outright or I’m not interested in holding him. Is there a chance he takes it? Or is the ceiling a timeshare? 

In must win mode, I’m not sure either are startable and I’d be inclined to play a guy like Jonathan Williams or even Benny Snell instead.

I think williams is a safer option but def not snell.

17 minutes ago, CooL said:

IMO the only thing that doesn't happen is Penny winning the job outright.  I mean, Carson has been a man child out there for the past two seasons.  If they haven't handed Penny the job by now, why would they after one game?  

I think all that happens is that Penny earned more touches and isn't left sitting on the bench taking 2 carries a game like he was.  I'd expect him worked in sooner and maybe we see a hot hand type situation emerge.

I can't imagine Carson being suddenly cast aside though....he's been too solid and runs too hard and gets tough yards.  I'm not sure I see Penny getting those tough yards or being able to really handle 25 touches.

• Like 7
3 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

IMO the only thing that doesn't happen is Penny winning the job outright.  I mean, Carson has been a man child out there for the past two seasons.  If they haven't handed Penny the job by now, why would they after one game?  

I think all that happens is that Penny earned more touches and isn't left sitting on the bench taking 2 carries a game like he was.  I'd expect him worked in sooner and maybe we see a hot hand type situation emerge.

I can't imagine Carson being suddenly cast aside though....he's been too solid and runs too hard and gets tough yards.  I'm not sure I see Penny getting those tough yards or being able to really handle 25 touches.

That is the exact thought I have on the situation. Nice analysis.

41 minutes ago, austin316 said:

Carson literally broke the record for broken tackles in one game (21) in the modern stats era, so you sir, are correct.

Also, the seahawks goal was to get carson 40-50 catches and Carrol said that Carson has the best receiving hands on the team lol. Maybe "coachspeak" but have never heard a word about Penny's hands.

Silkk owned ya brah.

Carson has to break tackles because he certainly isn’t running away from anyone. If he wasn’t setting records for broken tackles he wouldn’t even be in the NFL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
45 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

Carson has to break tackles because he certainly isn’t running away from anyone. If he wasn’t setting records for broken tackles he wouldn’t even be in the NFL.

Haha yeah right. He has had a stranglehold on the job since he was a rookie but could never stay healthy the past 2 years. Penny would have taken the job as a rookie if he didn't show up fat and knew how to block.Also, maybe earlier this year if he didn't hurt his hammy during Carson's first go-round of fumblitis.

Carson runs like DeMarco Murray.

I'm glad to see Penny developing and becoming a threat to Carson's job, but don't get it twisted.

Edited by austin316

from rahrah's presser:

Does Chris putting the ball on the ground directly open up more opportunities for Rashaad?

• That’s not the case in my mind. The opportunity to play and to contribute is always there in that spot in particular. What Chris did yesterday, our offensive lineman knocked the ball out of his hands on the first one. The other one, it was a communication problem. It’s a little different than the guy just dropping the ball all over the place. Rashaad did great, I’m really fired up for that, we need his explosiveness. He continues to show up. He has had the real home run type of style of play. We’ve got to give him chances to bring that to us.

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Like 3
10 hours ago, Blazer said:

Carson is not the better runner or pass catcher. Carson's yards per run are less than Penny's. He's a plodder and a fumbler. Penny has way more talent and more juice and shake and bake as a runner and pass catcher. If Penny is on your WW and you don't pick him up, good luck against the Penny owner when he beats you in the FF playoffs! :)

Oh dear lord this is an awful take.

• Like 1

I don’t see Penny taking the lead job outright. He avoids contact and tries to bounce every run outside. He brings a home run element, and that will make him a viable flex play if he gets more carries. But this isn’t a 20 touch back. He can’t tire defenses out and grind out the tough yards. All of that dancing in the backfield for -2 yards kills too many drives for that.

Just make him the 3rd down back and be done with it.

At least we’d have a somewhat defined timeshare that makes both somewhat playable depending on your situation.

the real problem is Seattle’s ability to grind out wins with little offense and good defense. Talk about a fantasy destroyer. 

• Haha 1
59 minutes ago, Squats&Milk said:

Just make him the 3rd down back and be done with it.

At least we’d have a somewhat defined timeshare that makes both somewhat playable depending on your situation.

the real problem is Seattle’s ability to grind out wins with little offense and good defense. Talk about a fantasy destroyer. 

Seattle currently has the #5 ranked offense and #23 ranked defense (YPG).

It ain't the 2013 team anymore.

Edited by gsiegel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
12 hours ago, Silkk1211 said:

That is the exact thought I have on the situation. Nice analysis.

I agree as well. Don't think either guy is going to ride the pine really. Penny will get more work but don't think he'll get the full time job. It does lower Carson a bit

You guys should feel lucky Carson was getting pretty much all the touches all season. Penny will probably get more work now but everyone was expecting that to happen all preseason. It might not be a terrible thing. Carson may be getting worn down a bit too he’s been a workhorse.

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Like 1