Rashaad Penny 2019 Outlook

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

💚 CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!1?!? 💚

Rashaad might be catching up to Carson because of the fumbles, but he's still got to finish him. I think we know how this will end...  

Posted Images

13 hours ago, MJJ28 said:

Carson has to break tackles because he certainly isn’t running away from anyone. If he wasn’t setting records for broken tackles he wouldn’t even be in the NFL.

Penny has to have big play ability because he certainly isn't finding the right hole or doing anything between the tackles. If he wasn't breaking big plays he wouldn't even be in the NFL.

37 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

You guys should feel lucky Carson was getting pretty much all the touches all season. Penny will probably get more work now but everyone was expecting that to happen all preseason. It might not be a terrible thing. Carson may be getting worn down a bit too he’s been a workhorse.

This is true. Proof is in the pudding for Carson's health history. Surprised he's gone this long without an injury this year...

Penny's contribution can be a good thing.

No, he is not taking over.

2 minutes ago, austin316 said:

This is true. Proof is in the pudding for Carson's health history. Surprised he's gone this long without an injury this year...

Penny's contribution can be a good thing.

No, he is not taking over.

I had penny all year ended up dropping him just couldn’t hold him anymore. Someone picked him up and then dropped him this week. I’m not planning to pick him back up. Only way he takes over fully is if Carson gets injured. Other scenario is a full blown 50/50 timeshare in which both become almost useless.

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Penny has to have big play ability because he certainly isn't finding the right hole or doing anything between the tackles. If he wasn't breaking big plays he wouldn't even be in the NFL.

Ahh yes, Penny was terrible finding the right hole between the tackles last week on that 58 yard TD run. Total lack of skill and ability. Instead of running away from defenders, he needs to start running into them. That 5.3 career ypc is way too high!

Seahawks fans and Penny, man. Literally won the game for the team and they still hate on him/can't acknowledge his ability. Don't think I've ever seen anything like it before...

Edited by MJJ28
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
7 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

Ahh yes, Penny was terrible finding the right hole between the tackles last week on that 58 yard TD run. Total lack of skill and ability. Instead of running away from defenders, he needs to start running into them. That 5.3 career ypc is way too high!

Seahawks fans and Penny, man. Literally won the game for the team and they still hate on him/can't acknowledge his ability. Don't think I've ever seen anything like it before...

IfkpxYU.jpg

You'd have to actually try and miss this hole. Trent Richardson blindfolded would be able to find it and score.

However, if you rather continue with ad hominem instead of bringing actual substance be my guest.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

I had penny all year ended up dropping him just couldn’t hold him anymore. Someone picked him up and then dropped him this week. I’m not planning to pick him back up. Only way he takes over fully is if Carson gets injured. Other scenario is a full blown 50/50 timeshare in which both become almost useless.

I don't have penny on my 2 carson teams either, but grabbed him as a lotto ticket on another RB-needy team.

5 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

All the fantasy pundits saying to "bench Carson this week" yet Penny is a great FLEX play.  I dare anyone to play Penny vs the Vikings - you will be severely disappointed. 

Anyone with a heartbeat is a flex play to these experts. They just need something new to talk about every week.

9 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

IfkpxYU.jpg

You'd have to actually try and miss this hole. Trent Richardson blindfolded would be able to find it and score.

However, if you rather continue with ad hominem instead of bringing actual substance be my guest.

Nice shifting of the goalposts. Went from "can't run between the tackles" to "blocking too good!" What's the point of wasting my time with substance when you clearly aren't interested? You hate Penny, and it is pretty clear why (for reasons detailed earlier). You aren't changing your opinion regardless of what happens on the field or what I post, obviously. Have a good one.

Edited by MJJ28
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

Nice shifting of the goalposts. Went from "can't run between the tackles" to "blocking too good!" What's the point of wasting my time with substance when you clearly aren't interested? You hate Penny, and it is pretty clear why (for reasons detailed earlier). You aren't changing your opinion regardless of what happens on the field or what I post, obviously. Have a good one.

Shifting of goal posts? How much times have I seen this absurd straw man brought up to distract from the actual debate? There is zero shifting of goal posts.

Running through a gaping hole does not equate to being able to run BETWEEN THE TACKLES. Here's a news flash: 99% of runs don't have holes like that. You keep clinging to some conspiracy that Seahawks fans have something against their own player instead of providing anything to back up the claim that Penny is better than Carson.

Also i'll spare you the time right now and let you know that YPC is not a valid argument, never was, and never will be.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, HeHateMe23 said:

The guy cannot pass protect...

And Carson can't hold onto the ball. 

Either way this situation is bad for Carson but that doesn't make Penny an auto start either.

Edited by affliction
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Shifting of goal posts? How much times have I seen this absurd straw man brought up to distract from the actual debate? There is zero shifting of goal posts.

Running through a gaping hole does not equate to being able to run BETWEEN THE TACKLES. Here's a news flash: 99% of runs don't have holes like that. You keep clinging to some conspiracy that Seahawks fans have something against their own player instead of providing anything to back up the claim that Penny is better than Carson.

Also i'll spare you the time right now and let you know that YPC is not a valid argument, never was, and never will be.

From poster LostAtSea:

"Penny has better average DYAR and DVOA than Carson, better raw stats per carry/efficiency, higher explosive and long play rate, higher scoring rate, lower fumble rate.

Penny is averaging 5.9ypc. Carson is averaging 4.2ypc.

When given 8+ carries Penny is absolutely dominant, averaging an absurd 7.7ypc in those 3 games this year, and 9.8ypc in his lone start last year.

As alluded to originally, Penny has a TD rate just more than 2x greater than Carson. And Penny has a fumble almost 1/2x that of Carson.

The main argument for Carson is his success rate being higher than Penny’s. Aka, he more consistently gets forward yards. Carson is good at this, and his success rate is 57%, near the league leader A Jones at 61%. Penny is at 51%. Unfortunately, this stat doesn’t translate to team or RB success. Here are the best RBs at the high end of the spectrum, near Carson: Zeke, A Jones, M Ingram. Here are the best RBs at the low end of the spectrum, near Penny: McCaffery, Cook, Chubb. Pick your poison, it’s a meaningless stat and a baseless argument.

Do your research - the more you feed Penny the better he does, predictably. And even without being fed much he is outperforming Carson."

That's really all that needs to be said if you are looking for actual, factual information.

Edited by MJJ28
  • Thanks 2

Wow, so much infighting, so many people in this thread needing to be right, as if that proves anything in fantasy football other than you guessed better than the next person.  Would love to read this thread without having to sift through attacks on others.  

Egos aside, so much of this is a GUESSING game.  Guessing what coaches mean, guessing what is going on behind the doors in team meetings, guessing what the game script will be then GUESSING again what will happen when the game script gets upended.  Go read GoHawks thread on fantasy football seeming to be more luck based these days, its a good productive read imho.  

• Thanks 1

Penny changes how defense's scheme because he can take it to the house on any play. The defense  has to account for that, and this makes it even easier for the whole offense to flow in general. You cannot say the same with carson. Penny makes the team better, Carson may be more reliable for a consistent 4-5 yards, but we have seen how reliable he is carrying the football. LOL

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, MJJ28 said:

I just snagged Penny off waivers but really trying to figure out what I got...

It was a gaping hole.  And to me, it looked like he ran towards that DB coming in from the left and seemed a little surprised to find him there.  Now that DB tackles like a pansy so Big Penny just swatted him away like a fly.  Maybe Penny felt the defender chasing him down from the right, who knows.  Seems like he should have veered towards the right corner of the end zone rather than take a line that put him into the path of the chasing DB from the left.  To me, it showed a lack of awareness.

Penny looks a little roly poly.  Not Eddie Lacy fat, but he does seem to have some mass to him.  Surprised that he is as fast as he looks.

The missed pass pro play where he was on Russell's right, he goes out, then seems to swivel his head back and look to the left sideline, then goes out a little more, only to then see the defender run right by him and pummel Wilson.  Not good.  Seemed like there was another play where he didn't really know where he was supposed to be and it looked like he was asking Wilson questions.  Yeah, if you don't have the trust of Russ, you're not going to be playing.

13 minutes ago, CooL said:

It was a gaping hole.  And to me, it looked like he ran towards that DB coming in from the left and seemed a little surprised to find him there.  Now that DB tackles like a pansy so Big Penny just swatted him away like a fly.  Maybe Penny felt the defender chasing him down from the right, who knows.  Seems like he should have veered towards the right corner of the end zone rather than take a line that put him into the path of the chasing DB from the left.  To me, it showed a lack of awareness.

Penny looks a little roly poly.  Not Eddie Lacy fat, but he does seem to have some mass to him.  Surprised that he is as fast as he looks.

The missed pass pro play where he was on Russell's right, he goes out, then seems to swivel his head back and look to the left sideline, then goes out a little more, only to then see the defender run right by him and pummel Wilson.  Not good.  Seemed like there was another play where he didn't really know where he was supposed to be and it looked like he was asking Wilson questions.  Yeah, if you don't have the trust of Russ, you're not going to be playing.

On the topic of Penny running into the DB all I can share is the consensus of sports media in the Seattle area and those who watch replays way more than I do.  The common belief here is that he (a) was not going to outrun the DB and so (b) Penny initiated contact, used his bigger size, to control how that contact was going to go, which allowed him to get the TD.  Sure, the narrative could be "Penny is slow" but at least to me and others in the Seattle area, if you are going to get caught, make it on your terms.  Seems like Penny did that.

I too just snagged Penny off waivers using the rest of my FAAB (carson owner too) and I also have no clue what I have, other than a headache on who to play.  Cheers to that!

15 minutes ago, CooL said:

Does Carson have the trust of Russ? Carson couldn’t even be trusted to properly receive a handoff last game. Maybe they should bench them both for Prosise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1