Rashaad Penny 2019 Outlook

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

💚 CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!1?!? 💚

Rashaad might be catching up to Carson because of the fumbles, but he's still got to finish him. I think we know how this will end...  

Posted Images

3 hours ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Seriously. Why are we holding onto this guy?  He has had maybe five good runs and a whole bag of terrible ones. Do we honestly think it’s ever going to just “click”? 

My pointer is hovering over drop because I see guys that can produce yardage on the waivers. Let’s start listing the better producers when they play. Ito. Damien Harris. Burkhead. Sproles. Wilkins. Basically.....anyone!

Your multiple posts seem to imply you really want him off your roster. Just cut and him and move on if he is bothering you. I am sure there is some lottery ticket in the FA pool you could seek oput.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

this whole situation would be different if I had some faith in Penny to convert the volume into good fantasy production (if Carson gets injured).  I just don't see it right now.  Frankly, I have no clue why Pete Carrol drafted him. 

Pull Penny's college stats (7.8 y/touch over 530 NCAA career touches 25 TDs in 13 games in his last season in college) then factor in Pete Carroll's craze for the run... Chris Carson as good as he's been he was one of the last players drafted in 2017 and didn't really play much at all that year.

1 hour ago, dudewithabadcat said:

this whole situation would be different if I had some faith in Penny to convert the volume into good fantasy production (if Carson gets injured).  I just don't see it right now.  Frankly, I have no clue why Pete Carrol drafted him. 

Go with your gut man. If you don’t think Penny will capitalize if/when Carson gets banged up drop him and pick up someone else. We’re not here to try to talk you into anything.

13 hours ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Basically, near the end of this guys blabbering - he thinks Penny gets the bulk of the carries next week in Arizona.  Which is fine with me. 

He doesn't say 'bulk of the carries'. Word for word he says, "So for now it's Carson. But Penny, I believe, is going to get more carries if he's healthy in Arizona next week." More than what? More than Penny has been getting previously, or more than Carson and if so how much more. Super vague and it's about as meaningful as some rando poster here throwing around his opinion

• Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, owenmills said:

He doesn't say 'bulk of the carries'. Word for word he says, "So for now it's Carson. But Penny, I believe, is going to get more carries if he's healthy in Arizona next week." More than what? More than Penny has been getting previously, or more than Carson and if so how much more. Super vague and it's about as meaningful as some rando poster here throwing around his opinion

You are probably right.  It was like 11pm at night, I was doing actual work-work, and having that guy drone on in the background.  He got my attention at the very end and I sort of vaguely heard "penny....more touches...."  

On 9/21/2019 at 11:33 AM, dudewithabadcat said:

Really?

He averaged 4.9 ypc last year and is averaging 5.0 per carry this year.  He's looked pretty spry to me and seemed stronger to me this year too.

Carson averaged 4.7 last year and 3.5 this year...plus the fumbling issues.  To me Carson is sure trending in the wrong direction.

Logic seems to me there is clearly an opportunity for Penny to move up in this timeshare IF he can get healthy. 

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Really?

He averaged 4.9 ypc last year and is averaging 5.0 per carry this year.  He's looked pretty spry to me and seemed stronger to me this year too.

Carson averaged 4.7 last year and 3.5 this year...plus the fumbling issues.  To me Carson is sure trending in the wrong direction.

Logic seems to me there is clearly an opportunity for Penny to move up in this timeshare IF he can get healthy. 

Believe it or not - I have been wrong before.  So, maybe I am just not seeing it.  But I'm rostering him.  

52 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Really?

I am no Carson fan and believe more in Penny’s talent but ypc doesn’t tell the entire story and isn’t a great predictive stat.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, owenmills said:

to me it reads more like more than Penny's been getting. 

15 hours ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Basically, near the end of this guys blabbering - he thinks Penny gets the bulk of the carries next week in Arizona.  Which is fine with me. 

But is his health going to let him play?