NBC Sports Edge Forums

Darrell Henderson 2019 Outlook

14 minutes ago, OrangeCrush said:

But he may get involved in the passing game... I think McVay saw a Kamara/Ingram type backfield when he drafted Henderson. Knowing Gurley was unable to handle 300 plus carries anymore. Obviously it hasn’t happened yet but I think that was his vision when the took him in rd 3

Every single backfield being compared to Kamara/Ingram just needs to stop.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Every single backfield being compared to Kamara/Ingram just needs to stop.

I tried one time. Can confirm not possible

Strange.  I heard that Darrell was on a flight once and the flight crew got devastatingly ill during flight and the flight started nosediving.  Darrell tore the emergency cockpit door off, landed the

1 minute ago, Magoo said:

Seriously. Two incredibly talented and good RBs. One without comparison.

It's the nature of sports conversations to make comparisons I suppose, but they're often incredibly unfair.

Henderson has the talent to be a nice RB in his own right at some point, but trying to compare him to Kamara now is futile.

Let's just see him get on the field first and take it from there.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, OrangeCrush said:

I don’t make the news. I read and follow what the experts say. If the Rams GM says it then I take note if it.

Hendo was definitely a receiving threat out of the backfield at Memphis with 63 catches for 758 yards and 8 TDs in three seasons.

He ran some stuff that was more complicated than wheels and flairs too.

That said, I think Snead was just trying to help wrap his head around what the offense might look like with an example of roles if Gurley and Henderson shared time, as opposed to comparing the abilities (maybe that's what you're doing here too, if so, sorry to dogpile).

The Rams haven't thrown to Gurley at all out the backfield this season.  Would be interesting to see how this changes if Henderson gets some run.  Judging by Brown's 19 career catches they haven't viewed him as much of a reciever thus far.

4 hours ago, deezy said:

will be interesting to see what he does with his 3rd snap of the season

This is the reason he was drafted in every fantasy draft, we'll see what he can do.

40 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

This guys situation has Kamara 2017 written all over it.  There's a reason I dropped brown for hilliman 12 hours before the gurley news broke!  Smh

Kamara 2017? Now we’re talking

spacer.png

• Haha 2
43 minutes ago, mrbonifacio said:

Lmao picked up Brown and Henderson. There's no telling how this backfield will shape up.

This is the best call IMO if you can afford the spot.

Hendo has talent, but the idea that he hasn't seen the field means he may have stuff to learn.

Maybe it happens this year, maybe it doesn't.  But given how murky the Gurley situation is, owning both might net you a real decent composite RB through a possible transition if you time it right.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

He's more talented than Brown so that's certainly makes the situation intriguing. Brown is the clear lead right now though so I don't see the emergence happening overnight. 

Depends on how well Hendo picks up their zone concepts and pass blocks IMO.

Brown's career thus far has been grinding the clock out in blowouts, starting one game when they already clinched, and the two TD day week one.

Point being, they haven't really trusted HIM that much on the field either yet.

I suspect his "lead" is more tenuous than some of the fantasy community suspects.

But Hendo's a rookie, and he may never pick these things up in a satisfactory way.

If he does, I would think the change will be made.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, kdko said:

Think he'll have the same value that Brown did when Gurley was starting, AKA not much.

Concluding a backup RBs value changes zero after the starter went down is logically so far out in left field that it’s left the stadium. 

• Thanks 1

It’s early for Henderson to make an impact but crazier things have happened. I’m leaning towards less involved but only because of how little he’s been involved up to this point. In a pass happy offense and positive game script it’s not out of the question. Of course he has be perfect on his snaps and perform. It’s now up to one man, himself. 

Edited by Members_Only_76
Smart phones are dumb!
2 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Concluding a backup RBs value changes zero after the starter went down is logically so far out in left field that it’s left the stadium. 

I think he's saying that Hederson is the new Brown.  Which would make sense if Brown was as good as Gurley.  Buuuuuuuut...

1 minute ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I think he's saying that Hederson is the new Brown.  Which would make sense if Brown was as good as Gurley.  Buuuuuuuut...

if Henderson is the new Brown than Henderson’s usage will go up. I think that’s the point.