NBC Sports Edge Forums

Darrell Henderson 2019 Outlook

2 hours ago, WaiverLooter said:

Honestly I went back to his highlights and his low center of gravity and sharp cuts remind me of a young marshawn lynch. He just needs a shot, much like Chubb got last year.

You know, it was only a matter of time before this thread went from an optimistic outlook to an illogical hype train.  

• Haha 4
  • Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Every single backfield being compared to Kamara/Ingram just needs to stop.

I tried one time. Can confirm not possible

Strange.  I heard that Darrell was on a flight once and the flight crew got devastatingly ill during flight and the flight started nosediving.  Darrell tore the emergency cockpit door off, landed the

19 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

You know, it was only a matter of time before this thread went from an optimistic outlook to an illogical hype train.  

He has the balance and toughness of Lynch, the power of Peterson, and the elusiveness of Kamara. Stud waiting for his opportunity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
5 hours ago, Gohawks said:

I believe it was about a 5 hour window between him being the next Alvin Kamara last week and being a bum on the wire.

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, owenmills said:

He got dropped in my league this week and with Brown now hurt I’m putting in a claim. I have Kamara hurt so I could use another Kamara. 

All in good fun, but given out previous interactions in the Brown thread, I welcome you warmly to the Hedo experience.

You'll find your pom poms to the left...🤣

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

All in good fun, but given out previous interactions in the Brown thread, I welcome you warmly to the Hedo experience.

You'll find your pom poms to the left...🤣

It’s all good man. You very well may have been right but I still don’t know how to feel about this backfield after that debacle of a game. But if Brown is now hurt it’s not much of a competition at least in the short term.

• Like 1

This actually reminds me of David Johnson in 2015. He was a mid round draft pick but everyone was very excited about him going into the season. He found himself 3rd string behind an aging star (Chris Johnson) and a JAG veteran (Ellington). Whenever he played he flashed but he rarely played. Then finally both Johnson & Ellington got hurt and DJ won championships for people. Henderson also was a mid round draft pick everyone was excited about. Hes behind an aging star and JAG veteran. He played for the first time last week and flashed and rarely played in prior weeks. Now both guys ahead of him are hurt...

Edited by yanksman
  • Like 2
Just now, owenmills said:

It’s all good man. You very well may have been right but I still don’t know how to feel about this backfield after that debacle of a game. But if Brown is now hurt it’s not much of a competition at least in the short term.

FWIW I don't think anyone knows.

5 minutes ago, collucho said:

Picked him up to piss off the Gurley owner I'm playing against this week. 

What's this backfield's status? Malcolm out this week/Gurley limited touches? Or is Gurley a full go?

I don't think injury statuses get much murkier than Todd Gurley.  It's now been two weeks since his last game and he hasn't practice with what has been called a "contusion" on the same leg he tore his ACL that gave him all those problems last year.

1 minute ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I don't think injury statuses get much murkier than Todd Gurley.  It's now been two weeks since his last game and he hasn't practice with what has been called a "contusion" on the same leg he tore his ACL that gave him all those problems last year.

Not sure if I should be happy or sad that I drafted Joe Mixon instead of him. Honestly probably rather have Gurley lol.

• Haha 2
11 minutes ago, collucho said:

Picked him up to piss off the Gurley owner I'm playing against this week. 

What's this backfield's status? Malcolm out this week/Gurley limited touches? Or is Gurley a full go?

Not sure anyone can answer that yet.

Brown didn't practice yesterday and if you ask me, Henderson is WAY more exciting than Brown.  Brown is clearly a JAG and a guy that will never be anything more than just a decent backup IMO.  I imagine he's probably played ahead of Henderson because he knows the schemes and is probably a better pass blocker.  But Henderson is clearly a more electric player.  And the way I look at it is that they wouldn't have drafted Henderson where they did if they didn't think he could make an impact.

As for Gurley, sounds like he practiced so he's probably back this week.  I think Henderson is the guy that should be Gurley's COP though and getting 6-8 touches a game.

Who knows what the Rams will do though.  There's been plenty of times where I think a guy looks to be on a different level than another guy but the coaches continue to give the JAG carries.

Edited by tts42572
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Not sure anyone can answer that yet.

Brown didn't practice yesterday and if you ask me, Henderson is WAY more exciting than Brown.  Brown is clearly a JAG and a guy that will never be anything more than just a decent backup IMO.  I imagine he's probably played ahead of Henderson because he knows the schemes and is probably a better pass blocker.  But Henderson is clearly a more electric player.  And the way I look at it is that they wouldn't have drafted Henderson where they did if they didn't think he could make an impact.

As for Gurley, sounds like he practiced so he's probably back this week.  I think Henderson is the guy that should be Gurley's COP though and getting 6-8 touches a game.

Who knows what the Rams will do though.  There's been plenty of times where I think a guy looks to be on a different level than another guy but the coaches continue to give the JAG carries.

True. Who knows though Gurley could hurt his knee rolling out of bed Sunday morning. 🤣

9 hours ago, WaiverLooter said:

Honestly I went back to his highlights and his low center of gravity and sharp cuts remind me of a young marshawn lynch. He just needs a shot, much like Chubb got last year.

i can see that. he looks a little quicker with his steps tho. similar to kamara to me.

If one of Gurley or Brown is out, I'm certainly rolling him out there as at least a flex play. If Gurley plays, you'd have to think his workload would be less than the reduced share he was receiving before he got that concerning bruise.

I think this offense needs the combo of Gurley and Henderson to start clicking.  Gurley could serve us as a RB2/1 and Henderson can serve us as a RB3/2 (expected/upside).  I think that the combo of these two fools can reshape this offense a bit.  Seems like the Rams offensive playcalling is stale as fu......

• Like 1